Investigators Looking for Doorbell That Chimes Like a Grandfather Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Doorbell Chime Investigated In Haleigh Case
Searchers Follow Thousands Of Tips
POSTED: Tuesday, March 3, 2009
<snipped>
The homeowner there said detectives questioned him about a doorbell, WJXT-TV reported.
"It was just another tip they're following up on, which is good. They have to follow up on every tip. The only thing everybody cares about is this child that's missing, so it's not any inconvenience to me or my family. They're more than welcome to come any time they need to. A tip is a tip," said neighbor Marty H.
He said the investigators were looking specifically for a doorbell that chimed like a grandfather clock, and that some tip or lead led them to his house. Mr. H said he doesn't have a doorbell.
Article:
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18842351/detail.html

Edited by me to remove the witness' last name.
Maybe a real lead finally ?

Door bell or ringtone? And who heard it.....it is very interesting!

Interesting...
I wonder where this tip came from and exactly what was said...
Oh, well...I guess we'll have to speculate. :crazy:

Interesting...
I wonder where this tip came from and exactly what was said...
Oh, well...I guess we'll have to speculate. :crazy:

Speculating here.... Perhaps it was in the back ground noises on a phone call that LE intercepted?:slap:

Speculating here.... Perhaps it was in the back ground noises on a phone call that LE intercepted?:slap:

I'm guessing LE would have the technology to determine ring-tone, actual Grandfather clock or doorbell. Do you think my guess is correct ?

Could the clock/doorbell be a tip from a psychic? Would they follow up on that?

I'm guessing LE would have the technology to determine ring-tone, actual Grandfather clock or doorbell. Do you think my guess is correct ?

I don't know...
I just thought perhaps they were on a call with someone, or intercepted a call from someone, and heard it in the background.. pure speculation on my part though...
Like they were talking with someone, and perhaps heard a doorbell, and knew it was a doorbell because dogs barked, or the person they were on the phone with stated someone was at the residence... I mean, usually when you are on the phone with someone you can tell the difference between a clock, a ringtone, and a doorbell by background noises...Just something I could see happening, NOTHING FACT HERE.

That's as good a theory as any at this point, IMO.
I wonder WHEN the tip came in...hmmmm...
SO many questions and NO ANSWERS.

Could the clock/doorbell be a tip from a psychic? Would they follow up on that?

They may... psychics have held the keys to several cases... although IMO only, and not to offend anyone, I personally think sometimes they are a waste of time..

Better to just give all the benefit of the doubt I guess?:rolleyes:

So...has anyone looked into who this neighbor, Marty H., is and how they might be connected to Misty or Ron?

Really going out a limb here. Do you think it could be a set-up just to throw suspicion a certain way ?

That sounds right, but didn't Ron hand a slip of paper to LE at one point? Could Ron have gotten a call or someone left a note? Did Ron or Misty hear that in a background call or did LE hear it? Hmmmmmm Probably LE, sounds more like it.

Really going out a limb here. Do you think it could be a set-up just to throw suspicion a certain way ?

I really don't doubt anything at this point... JMO.
I know that LE oftentimes will use a wide variety of tactics to get people to come forward for a multitude of different reasons.
As long as it isn't something that could potentially harm another, as "the people" are their interest, and keeping them safe is "their job."

also just speculation......
Perhaps someone who got a call from Misty during the evening of the disappearance heard a doorbell sound like that in the background and knows that it was NOT at the trailer home

Maybe it's a sound JR heard somewhere. JR heard it when during the time Haleigh was taken. Or maybe Misty or someone took him to a house one time that had a doorbell like that and LE is trying to figure out where Misty was that night.

This is very interesting.

Hello Raeann,

Could you please edit your post ? I don't think we're supposed to use whole names for innocent bystanders or witnesses.

TYIA

Open car doors with the keys in the ignition can sound like that. My car has a very low tone to it. Ringtones are a good thought. What else dings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong