NV NV - Las Vegas, WhtMale 25-35, UP8137, aka 'Douglas Baker' Orlando, FL, long fingers, Feb'87

Thank you, imamaze! This fellow weighs heavy on my mind! I have looked for him under his alias and throughout the FL missing persons listings and have had no luck. Don't know why, but he looked "Colorado" to me and have looked there as well. Such a young and handsome guy. Can ya'll help me figure out who he is and where he belongs???? Pretty please???

http://washingtonmissingadults.com/

quote from above website. "It is suspected that Michael was murdered by someone involved with drugs." So that to me makes me think he was involved with drugs. A overdose would not be out of place for Michael.

Thank you so much ya'll for jumping in here! I think Higham looks promising, but I do believe we need more info. I have contacted the ME's office asking for more details on the UID. They've always been very quick to respond and I'm hoping this will be no exception!

Will let you know as soon as I hear! :blowkiss:

Just need to vent a little....

So last Saturday, I sent this possible to the e-mail link on the IdentifyUs case page, which was to someone in the Clark County Coroner's office. Less than five minutes later, I got an auto-response from that person, who is no longer there.

Ok, so I went to the Clark County website and found the contact e-mail for the coroner's office and sent it to them.

They were out of the office until yesterday.

I didn't get a response from that person, so I sent a follow-up asking if they were the correct contact.

Today, I had a response from that person rudely explaining that the link I sent them for the UID case was from NAMUS. Yes, I replied. The e-mail addy on the UID link is to YOUR office, but to someone who is no longer there. Duh!

I remember now why I rarely work UID cases anymore. :( But I will keep trying! I know they have at least one good guy there and I know they are actively trying to ID their UID's.

Just blowin off a little steam. :)

Just need to vent a little....

So last Saturday, I sent this possible to the e-mail link on the IdentifyUs case page, which was to someone in the Clark County Coroner's office. Less than five minutes later, I got an auto-response from that person, who is no longer there.

Ok, so I went to the Clark County website and found the contact e-mail for the coroner's office and sent it to them.

They were out of the office until yesterday.

I didn't get a response from that person, so I sent a follow-up asking if they were the correct contact.

Today, I had a response from that person rudely explaining that the link I sent them for the UID case was from NAMUS. Yes, I replied. The e-mail addy on the UID link is to YOUR office, but to someone who is no longer there. Duh!

I remember now why I rarely work UID cases anymore. :( But I will keep trying! I know they have at least one good guy there and I know they are actively trying to ID their UID's.

Just blowin off a little steam. :)

I can hear the exasperation Fairy.

the UID's physical description should make him easy to match. there are not that many 6'4" blue eyed men with brown hair running around.

this one is fairly close in time and location to the UID who has found in Vegas in Feb 1987. there is a missing person named Lorne Landeen, age 22 who was last seen in Arizona in January 1986.

the height is about right, he is listed as 6'2"-6'3", a little lighter in weight than the UID at about 150 lbs. no identifying features which is the same as the UID (except the UID is noted as having long fingers)

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4929/1/

from appearances, Landeen was a clean cut all-American kid but who knows if he got messed up with drugs in that 13 month period.

Do you think this UID is either tan or olive-colored skin, or does skin tone change after death? Also, how do they know he had blue eyes? If he were already dead, doesn't eye color change? I wonder if there was anything in the room with him: suitcase, toiletries, etc. If not, perhaps he was local?

There is a Douglas Baker (wife Elizabeth), aged 73, from Apopka, FL, which is a suburb of Orlando. I wonder if LE ever contacted him to see if he knows the guy?

So, I have heard back from that good guy in the coroner's office. I sent him a little more info on the missing guy, but there's really not much. I do believe they have his dentals on file, but no DNA. The coroner's office has dentals on the UID, so hoping there will be a quick yes or no.

the UID's physical description should make him easy to match. there are not that many 6'4" blue eyed men with brown hair running around.

this one is fairly close in time and location to the UID who has found in Vegas in Feb 1987. there is a missing person named Lorne Landeen, age 22 who was last seen in Arizona in January 1986.

the height is about right, he is listed as 6'2"-6'3", a little lighter in weight than the UID at about 150 lbs. no identifying features which is the same as the UID (except the UID is noted as having long fingers)

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4929/1/

from appearances, Landeen was a clean cut all-American kid but who knows if he got messed up with drugs in that 13 month period.

I don't really think that Lorne Landeen is the man they found overdosed in Las Vegas. His face and nose look like they are shaped different and the texture of his hair doesn't look the same to me.

I noticed that the decedent may have tan lines from recently shaving a beard? Or did the PM photos get damaged/were over developed?

Here's my facial recon for "Douglas Baker" Doe.

e4ad799f-c5e0-42e7-b9f6-61ed2d84f9e8.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back