Identified! FL - Clay Co., Fem skeletal 277UFFL, in ravine, Mar'99 - Rose Bud Kelley

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
[FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][SIZE=-1]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/277uffl.html[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]
277UFFL.jpg
277UFFL1.jpg
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]Reconstruction on left, sketch from reconstruction on right[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]Unidentified White Female (or white/black)[/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* Discovered on March 19, 1999 in Middleburg, Clay County, Florida.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* Cause of death was homicide.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* The victim may have been deceased from two to ten years prior to discovery.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* State of Remains: Partial skeletal remains[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]Vital Statistics[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* Estimated age: 30 - 40 years old[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* Approximate Height and Weight: Average height and weight.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* Distinguishing Characteristics: White or white/black admixture. Bones recovered at the scene showed signs of arthritic lipping, indicating that the victim may have suffered from back problems. Also, there is a well-healed break in the left nasal region.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]* Dentals: Porcelain over metal crown on right upper front tooth. Occlusal amalgum filling in first lower left molar.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]Case History[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida]On March 19, 1999 in Middleburg, Clay County, Florida, a county worker found the partial skeletal remains of an adult subject in a ravine just north of a county burrow pit at the dead end of Masters Road. The pit is approximately one mile south of County Road 218 West. Only a skull and 39 additional bones were located. The skull has two bullet holes in it indicating that the decedent was the victim of a homicide. Originally, the remains were thought to be those of an adult white male, however, later D.N.A. testing revealed that the remains were those of an adult white or white/black admixture female. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[font=arial,verdana,geneva,lucida][size=-1]http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/937dfok.html[/size][/font]

277UFFL1.jpg
DElmore.jpg

Sketch from reconstruction of Jane Doe on left, Diane on right

Diane Jane Elmore
Missing since August 5, 1990 from Guthrie, Carter County, Oklahoma.
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: May 8, 1958
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5" (165 cm.); 130 lbs. (59 kg.)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Her ears are pierced.
* Marks, Scars: Elmore has an appendectomy scar on her abdomen. A pin has been implanted in the upper left section of her back near her shoulder and she has a surgical scar near the area as a result of the operation.
* Jewelry: Elmore was last seen wearing a white Casio watch.
* Dentals: One of her upper front teeth is chipped.

# Vehicle: 1990 GMC short bed pickup truck with Oklahoma license plates CEZ-029. The truck's Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) is 1GTDC14Z7LZ537603.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Elmore was last seen in Guthrie, Oklahoma on August 5, 1990.
She was driving a 1990 GMC short bed pickup truck with Oklahoma license plates CEZ-029 at the time of her disappearance.

1. The photo of Diane looks a lot like the sketch of Jane Doe. It does not look like the reconstruction.
2. Diane went missing in 1990, Jane Doe is estimated to have died between 1989-1997. This is a match.
3. Diane was 32 in 1990, Jane Doe is estimated to be 30-40. This is a match.
4. Diane had back problems and had back surgury. Jane Doe had back problems.
5. Diane is listed as having a chipped upper front tooth. Jane Doe has a crowned front tooth. Is it possible that it is Diane and she had the chip fixed?
6. Diane went missing in Oklahoma. Her truck is/was missing too. Is it possible she drove to Florida? Google estimates the distance as 1300 miles, which would take 24hrs to drive.

I decided to email the Clay County Sherrif's Office (the LE that is investigating the Jane Doe), with this possible match. They provided an email address so it made contacting them easy.

Hi!!!

Call Orlando PD and let them know that Tamala has two missing dates. Usually when I see that I google the person and see if I can find any media that discusses the case. I did not find anything, but I am not a great sleuther...

You might want to rename this thread with info on the UID so more folks can post possible matches with you...

https://identifyus.org/?p=case&i=866&=50&s=DateFound_DESC&from=search

Was it just a head that was found? There were bullet holes in the skull and some pretty specific dentals...

She looks alot like the UID. Even the hair in the sketch is similar to hers.

Seems like it could be a good match: Tamal does look a lot like the reconstruction, especially given how little information there was to go on, the timeline makes sense and the location is fairly reasonable if you wanted to get rid of someone and hide the evidence while being based out of Orlando, but to play Devil's advocate:

Tamala was pretty short at 5'0" and the UID was described as "average" which I would put at 5'4" or maybe slightly more. I suppose it just implies that the bones they had were neither particularly large nor small and there was probably no indication of weight.

Tamala's teeth are described as "bad" but the dentals of the Doe, while far from perfect, don't stand out that much.

Tamala was quite pale but the Doe is described as a possible white/black admixture. Again it's quite vague but it seems more likely that the Doe would have been quite dark in life although probably "white" in terms of appearance. She does have brown eyes though.

Tamala looks older than 37 in the picture (which she would have had to be at time of death, if she is Doe) although a hard life can do that to you.

I received a reply from the contact on the Doe Network stating that this doe is listed as admixture but she is more than likely African American. That makes Tamala an easy rule out....

Also- believe- I don't know how to change the thread name :frown:- any instruction on how I do that? Thanks!!

I can PM a mod-

How about "FL Clay County Jane Doe 277UFFL 1999 ?"

There is no notation as to the color of hair or whether or not the doe might have had children, so I am wondering if it was just a head that was found. The well healed fracture of the nose and the caps on her teeth might really help in IDing her...

According to Doentwork updates, this jane doe has been identified as of August 2010. No name given.

An unidentified female located in Florida (277UFFL)
has been identified

I'm glad she has her name back and those who loved her have some answers.

More information please, a link to a story maybe?

This is all that I can find. The woman's identity has not been made public.

From DoeNetwork:

277UFFL.jpg

Identified
The victim was located on March 19, 1999 in Middleburg, Florida.
She was identified in August 2010.

As reported on Porchlight (Regarding Clay County FL Jane Doe found on 19-Mar-99):

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=17652

Found out from Nicole at LSU that this was Rose Kelley

Rose Bud Kelley

index.php
2993959780045078242S200x200Q851.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: October 6, 1988 from Jacksonville, Florida
Classification: Missing
Date of Birth: August 29, 1947
Height and Weight: 5'6, 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.

Details of Disappearance

Kelley was last seen in Jacksonville, Florida on October 6, 1988. Her husband stated he took their children to school and when he returned home, Kelley was gone and so were her belongings. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Rose is still listed as missing. It may be the sites are slow to update, but has anyone confirmed this with the agency handling Rose's missing persons case? I am hesistant to update because my knowledge of doenetwork updates without a name, as this UID was originally updated is due to not listing the name per family request. I could be wrong, but since Rose is still listed as missing at both Doenetwork and Charley project we should double check.

I asked Helen Bouzon of LSU whether Rose Bud Kelly was the person matched to the Clay County FL UID case. She replied as follows:

Carl,
She was matched to the case via DNA tested at North Texas. The identification was posted on NamUs but it is only viewable to people with membership for some reason.

I e-mailed both DoeNet and Charley so that they can close RBK's MP file.

More information please, a link to a story maybe?

Sorry, I read the story in another thread on WS and was just trying to make sure someone connected the two (updated this one). Thanks to the previous posters who linked more information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back