Baez to Depose Deputy who Responded to RK's Report in August

DAWN TREADER

Reaction score
" .... the deputy who Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee's remains on Dec. 11, said blew him off when he tried to report a suspicious bag along Suburban drive in August, Richard Kane, will be deposed by Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, a week from Friday."

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18864900/detail.html

" .... the deputy who Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found Caylee's remains on Dec. 11, said blew him off when he tried to report a suspicious bag along Suburban drive in August, Richard Kane, will be deposed by Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, a week from Friday."

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18864900/detail.html

What, is Baez trying to embarrass or harass the deputy?:rolleyes:

Not sure if it's Richard Kane or Richard Cain, but last I heard, the OCSO deputy was being investigated for the way he handled the call made by Roy Kronk on August 13, 2008.

Do we know if the internal investigation has been settled or is still ongoing?

I could be wrong, but wasn't this the officer that got fired as there were other complaints about him?????

Yeah I would bet Baez wants to show (through the testimony of this guy) that the body wasn't there when he went to look back in August. I imagine they are going to try like hell to show that Caylee was put there AFTER October 14.

The defense is going to try really, really hard to create doubt that the body was there the entire time. Chances are the deputy may not be a very credible witness if they can bring in his job performance and if it sucks.

Next in line to be deposed by Baez will be Kronk's coworkers who were with him on Aug 11. Kronk told them that he just saw a skull. When he brought them over to look, the varied responses were - not being able to see what he was seeing and disagreeing that it was a skull.

Given the forensics experts Baez assembled immediately following the discovery of Caylee's remains, I'm wondering if deposing this deputy might not be a signal that the experts are not all on the same page in terms of their findings and/or opinions?

In other words, is there a conflict in Team Baez?

Hmmm, question for the legal eagles on the board:

Are depositions done by Baez eventually turned over to the State Attorney, and do they then become public record? And if so, is there a time frame for him to have to turn them over?

Baez did a few depos last fall, I would like to see those....

Are depositions done by Baez eventually turned over to the State Attorney, and do they then become public record? And if so, is there a time frame for him to have to turn them over?

I would like to see them as well-

To answer some of your questions-

Yes, any depo Baez takes must also be turned over to the State. The court reporter who takes the depo will forward a copy to the State. Regarding if depos become public record, well that depends. Baez could stipulate that it's confidential and have it sealed. In which case it wouldn't go public. And when the time frame to have it turned over, well the typical procedures for release of discovery per FL's Sunshine laws would apply. Which I'm not entirely familiar with since I only know CA and Federal laws.

Oh and BTW the State is allowed to send a representative to attend the depo to witness the depo themselves. They just won't be allowed to ask questions.

Given the forensics experts Baez assembled immediately following the discovery of Caylee's remains, I'm wondering if deposing this deputy might not be a signal that the experts are not all on the same page in terms of their findings and/or opinions?

In other words, is there a conflict in Team Baez?

I could be wrong about this, but it seems that when Baez was able to bring his "experts" to Orlando the crime scene was posted No Trespassing. He tried to contact the property owner to get permission, but the guy wouldn't repond to him. Additionally, OCSO wasn't handing over photos, schematics, maps, etc. of the actual crime scene and the found evidences.

Because of this, the physical assembly of the experts in Orlando may have been met with an inability to do much of anything directly related to the scene and the remains.

We don't really know anything about what has gone on with these experts, let alone if they are having any disagreements amongst themselves. I think the deposition of the Deputy is to be expected regardless of what is going on with Baez's experts.

What, is Baez trying to embarrass or harass the deputy?:rolleyes:

Well.....perhaps since Baez has yet to really depose any key witnesses....opting instead for the "I'll have what you're having" aka "Oh you already did that? Let me have a copy of it." plan, maybe he wants to "appear" as if he is in fact actually working. JMO Actually, I'm sure he has a good reason........someone told him to. :crazy:

To answer some of your questions-

Yes, any depo Baez takes must also be turned over to the State. The court reporter who takes the depo will forward a copy to the State. Regarding if depos become public record, well that depends. Baez could stipulate that it's confidential and have it sealed. In which case it wouldn't go public. And when the time frame to have it turned over, well the typical procedures for release of discovery per FL's Sunshine laws would apply. Which I'm not entirely familiar with since I only know CA and Federal laws.

Oh and BTW the State is allowed to send a representative to attend the depo to witness the depo themselves. They just won't be allowed to ask questions.

Thanks JSR. Any Orlando legal eagles know how to find a list of people Baez has deposed (I pretty sure he did Tony L) and how/where to request them, or find out if they are sealed?
And if these are recorded on audio or video?

Thanks JSR. Any Orlando legal eagles know how to find a list of people Baez has deposed (I pretty sure he did Tony L) and how/where to request them, or find out if they are sealed?
And if these are recorded on audio or video?

No, problem. Actually that might be hard to find any notices of depositions. Discovery typically isn't filed with the court, it's served upon the parties and that's it. Unless of course if there's an obligation and a notice is filed with the court to show compliance.

Next in line to be deposed by Baez will be Kronk's coworkers who were with him on Aug 11. Kronk told them that he just saw a skull. When he brought them over to look, the varied responses were - not being able to see what he was seeing and disagreeing that it was a skull.

Huh? I didn't know that....gotta link?

I guess it isn't so surprising the defense has cherry-picked this deputy to depose. I imagine they hope he will be in CYA mode or disgruntled, and help them show there was nothing there when he went to the scene and met with RK. I suppose it's better than nothing for them, but in reality, it's hard to dispel the fact that RK thought he saw something there in August, and something was finally found there in December.

If I'd been in those swampy woods and had seen that rattlesnake, there would have soon been two skulls: mine and the other one. I would die seeing a rattlesnake.

So, where are they going to hold Casey's trial? Do you think Cindy will still be alive by then? I mean, she may be dead of embarrassment, or old age, whichever comes first.

If I'd been in those swampy woods and had seen that rattlesnake, there would have soon been two skulls: mine and the other one. I would die seeing a rattlesnake.

Make that three skulls. The rattlesnake they found was dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back