PA PA - Bensalem, Poquessing Creek, WhtFem 40-53, 815UFPA, heavy set, degen joint disease, Aug'95

https://identifyus.org/cases/2243

Namus narrows the age range to 43-60 years old but otherwise give less information than the LBTH page. They say DNA is not available but dentals will be entered later but I'm thinking this may be an error since they also say the head was not recovered. Doe Network says the victim was found nude but Namus says that shoes were found nearby and refers to photos concerning clothing and jewelry. (But I can see no photos there.)

Doe Network link:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/815ufpa.html

I can't believe there were so many. And 1995 must have been a crazy year!

I'm just thinking the article *has* to be about
DoeNetwork

Websleuths

It doesn't even look like the same reconstruction, does it?

I stopped by thinking she might be part of the embalmed-head-only UID lady....

Bumping Poquessing Creek Jane Doe with her DoeNetwork page, which was recently updated:

815UFPA
No_Image_Available_female.jpg

No Image Available

Date of Discovery: August 15, 1995
Location of Discovery: Bensalem, Bucks County, Pennsylvania
Estimated Date of Death: 4 weeks prior to discovery
State of Remains: Decomposed, partial - head and hands not recovered
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 40-53 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'4" to 5'5"
Weight: 130-170 lbs.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Build described as heavy set. Autopsy revealed that decedent suffered from a degenerative joint disease and indicates that she probably gave birth at least once. Her spine was crooked.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None. Located nude.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's headless body was found in the Poquessing Creek behind the Franklin Mills Mall by teenagers fishing.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Bensalem Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Chris McMullin
Agency Phone Number: 215-633-3726
LE Agency Case Number: 95-13386

Agency Name: Bucks County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Chris McMullin
Agency Phone Number: 267-880-5040
ME Agency Case Number: 347-95
NCIC Case Number: N/A
NamUs Case Number: MP/UP #2243

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Philadelphia News Archive

---------------

...but how on earth can PCJD's dentals be available if she was found headless? AFAIK, it was not recovered.

Is it possible they/we are mixing cases up. Strange...

Namus file 2243: found August 17, 1995. Clothes; referring to pictures, but there are no pictures. Headless. Age According to map, finding marker in bushes, near Dr. S. Oreole Street. Probably just a general point, Bensalem. Age 40 - 53. PMI estimated 4 weeks.

Doe Network updated file: found August 15, 1995 Headless...but dentals available...??! Nude. Finding Place Poquessing Creek. Age 40 - 53. PMI 4 weeks. Referring to Namus file 2243.

Same case with a lot of confusing data, or two cases with a lot of similarities? Friends, meeting the same faith?

Maybe this is the most accurate profile...
Pennsylvania Missing Persons and Unidentified Victims

Unidentified White Female
Found August 17, 1995 in Bensalem, Bucks County

Vital Statistics

Estimated Age: 40 to 50 years
Estimated Height: 5'5"
Estimated Weight: heavy-set
Estimated Time of Death: 4 weeks prior to being found
Dentals: none
Fingerprints: none
DNA: none, no sample to submit

Case Details

On Thursday, August 17, 1995, two teenage boys were fishing in the Poquessing Creek behind the Franklin Mills mall when they realized that what they thought had been a dead deer was actually a headless human body. The remains were so severely decomposed that it was initially impossible to recognize gender or race, but an autopsy determined that it was a white female who suffered from a degenerative joint disease. It is possible that she had given birth at least once.

Last edited:
I messaged the PA AD for DN to see if she knows anything about dentals being changed to available. I'm assuming whoever sent in the update form to DN is confusing the case with others but you know what they say about assuming.

The date she was found ... for what it's worth, I believe that the 15th is actually correct. Looking at old news articles and the calendar for 1995, that's what I get. When NCMA (National Center for Missing Adults - now dissolved) had the case listed, the date was listed as the 15th. Case was entered into UDRS (1st incarnation of NamUs) on 7/22/08 and had the date found as the 17th. I found an email I sent to LE on 6/28/09 addressing the discrepancy but can't find an answer and the date has stayed the 17th in NamUs. Date was left that way on PA Missing for no other reason than that it would coincide with LE account. Not really a huge deal considering the lady had been in the water for about a month before being found.

Clothing - UDRS has n/a for clothing. NamUs printout from 3/13/18 has case last modified as 4/12/17 and says "see photos" for clothing and shoes found nearby believed to belong to victim. Also says "there are currently no images available for this case". It's a head-scratcher for sure.

Finally, the NamUs printout 3/13/18 also still says Fingerprint information is currently not available, Dental information/charting is currently not available, DNA status: Sample is currently not available.

Attachments

• Poq Crk UDRS 2008.jpeg
    Poq Crk UDRS 2008.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 9
I'm loosing tracks here....conclusion? ....sorry....(not to be disrespectful, sigh)

I'm loosing tracks here....conclusion? ....sorry....(not to be disrespectful, sigh)

I'm sorry, I don't know what conclusion you're looking for. If it's the dental status: no head - no dentals. The DN change in status was an error on their part and had been corrected to reflect that.
815UFPA

I'm sorry, I don't know what conclusion you're looking for. If it's the dental status: no head - no dentals. The DN change in status was an error on their part and had been corrected to reflect that.
815UFPA

By reading #8 (my question) and #9 (your answer) my conclusion; it's the same UID in the different sources.

Hi all, thank you for keeping this case alive. I was 10 and lived two houses from the home behind which they recovered her body in the creek bend. I still remember birds circling, firetrucks/cop cars lining the block and the smell - I will NEVER forget. I am now nearly 36 and still think about this women. I no longer live in the area, but every time I visit I am reminded of her and wonder who she was and what monster did this to her. And who else suffered at his hands.

Interestingly enough, I visited murderdata.org today to try and locate this case. I heard about the site from the FallLine podcast and basically it's a site that clusters federal data based on location, cause of death, etc. to attempt to get data sets to identify patterns ie. possible serial murders... but I cannot locate this case. Perhaps I overlooked it, but it is also suspicious considering all of the inconsistenies in this case data. Was she overlooked yet again?

What I remember from the time (yes I was 10, but I was an avid reader of the newspaper and asked lots of questions) was the word "dismembered," specifically no head located. However, it was my understanding - and it could be word of mouth folklore - that the arms and legs were severed. Again, this could be incorrect, but who knows when the data is so confused/mishandled/reported incorrectly. I have to wonder what if anything is factual.

Regardless, I cannot forget her, as this day was so clearly in my mind still. I've always been scared of those "woods" and after this, I was literally terrified to be at my childhood home most of the time, especially knowing it was unsolved. With the recent solving of a Bensalem pregnant and murdered woman through DNA, I hope this case also has DNA and that it will one day lead to both an identity and a conviction.

Attachments

• Poquessing Philly Daily News Part 1 Aug_18__1995_.jpg
    Poquessing Philly Daily News Part 1 Aug_18__1995_.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Poquessing Philly Daily News Part 2 Aug_18__1995_(1).jpg
    Poquessing Philly Daily News Part 2 Aug_18__1995_(1).jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Poquessing Philly Daily News Part 3_Aug_18__1995_(2).jpg
    Poquessing Philly Daily News Part 3_Aug_18__1995_(2).jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 14

Staff online

Members online