Casey and "The Shack"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheshe

Reaction score
Has anyone read this book? "The Shack" I am in the process of reading it now. In the crime scene photos taken of Casey's bedroom, it shows an open closet/amoire and on the shelf is a copy of this book.
This book is a religious book about a child that is kidnapped and murdered.
It is also about God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
On pag. 125 of this book, there is a passage that reads...."It all sounds like THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS, that to get what you want you will go to any length, even if it costs the lives of billions of people."

Remember in Casey journal....she wrote "I hopethe end justifies the means???"

Anyway, I have only posted here a few times, but I just found this interesting.

Has anyone read this book? "The Shack" I am in the process of reading it now. In the crime scene photos taken of Casey's bedroom, it shows an open closet/amoire and on the shelf is a copy of this book.
On pag. 125 of this book, there is a passage that reads...."It all sounds like THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS, that to get what you want you will go to any length, even if it costs the lives of billions of people."

Oh how curious. I am off to check for online excerpts. Let us know if you find any other familiar passages.

Wow sheshe! I find that very interesting. Can you tell more about the plot? Thanks!

I think I need to read "The Shack."

ETA: This must be a popular book. My library has several copies, all of which are checked out AND there is a reserve line for all of them :eek:

That is VERY INTERESTING. I have never heard of the book but will see if I can get a copy. You must have very good eyes to pick that book out from the photos of her room.

What great eyes you have!!!!.......in the book, can anything be interpetated by a nut to kill?:sick:

WELCOME!!!!

hi sheshe ... is there anything else in the plot to this book that appears to be a little too familiar?

The book is about a man who is on a vacation with his children, and two of them are flip a canoe and while he is saving them, someone kidnaps his daughter. They only find her bloddy dress, never her body. The killer leaves a "ladybug" stick pin at the kidnapp scene.
It is mostly a spiritual book about this father coming to find peace after the death of his daughter. It is a very good book. I am not quite through with it, but I just found it VERY weird seeing it on the shelf in Casey's closet. Then last night, I nearly jumped out of my skin when I read that passage.

My first impression is that this may be a gift. Perhaps from one of the prayer vigils. "The ends justfies the means" is a pretty common phrase, and Casey doesn't strike me as very original.

Worth a look and a more careful investigation though-- thanks for bringing this up.

WOW now that is super interesting...good find. When did this book come out??? Was it before 2003??

I wonder if LE is aware of this book and that passage? I find it strange that the passage and the kidnapping are similar to KC's passage in her journal and the kidnapping story. Also the lady bug pin, like leaving a sticker.

If Machiavelli was a woman...The End Justifies the Means

Princess Machiavelli:

"Princesses who set little store by their word but have known how to over-reach men by their cunning have accomplished great things, and in the end got the better of those who trusted to honest dealing. The princess must be a lion, but she must also know how to play the fox. She who wishes to deceive will never fail to find willing dupes. The princess, in short, ought not to quit good courses if she can help it, but should know how to follow evil courses if she must.

A Princess must avoid being despised as well as being hated; therefore courage, wisdom and strength must be apparent in all her actions. Against such a one conspiracy is difficult. That princess is wise who devolves on others those matters that entail responsibility, and may therefore make her odious either to the nobles or to the commons, but reserves to herself the matters that relate to grace and favour."

(From: "Of Maintaining a Princedom" by Prince Machiavelli, modified to suit gender)

Oh my gosh!:shocked2: I have get the book. Wow.:tsktsk:

Interesting quote about "The Shack" from Wikapedia:

The title of the book is a metaphor for “the house you build out of your own pain”, as Young explained in a telephone interview.[5] He also states to radio host talk show Drew Marshall that The Shack "is a metaphor for the places you get stuck, you get hurt, you get damaged...the thing where shame or hurt is centered."[

Melinda Duckett used the phrase "Machevellian Vigilante" as her myspace heading when Trenton disappeared.

As a result Machevelli and Machevelli's philosophy of "the end justifies the means" was discussed on websites and Nancy Grace a LOT in August 2006. I am pretty sure Casey and Cindy followed Trenton's case.

Lots of what Cindy said to explain Casey's behavior with LE were "what ifs" from sleuthers trying to come up with reasons why Melinda wouldn't cooperate with LE.

IMO

I wonder if LE is aware of this book and that passage? I find it strange that the passage and the kidnapping are similar to KC's passage in her journal and the kidnapping story. Also the lady bug pin, like leaving a sticker.

Bold mine

Thats exactly what I thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members