Ronald proposes to Misty

Status
Not open for further replies.

elle1919

Reaction score
I popped in here quick to get a daily update and read this news. Then I went off to the other threads and everyone was talking about the proposal in those threads so I thought to help posters stay on topic I would just go ahead and make a new thread.

Any hoot....What does everyone think about this. I can think of pro's and con's but wish to refrain from being judgemental and will hope and pray that the reason they decided to go ahead and get married is because Haleigh wanted them to get married. However I don't see what the harm would have been in waiting a bit.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...133274&catid=3

Isn't it true that a spouse can refrain from testifying against their partner or something like that??

I popped in here quick to get a daily update and read this news. Then I went off to the other threads and everyone was talking about the proposal in those threads so I thought to help posters stay on topic I would just go ahead and make a new thread.

Any hoot....What does everyone think about this. I can think of pro's and con's but wish to refrain from being judgemental and will hope and pray that the reason they decided to go ahead and get married is because Haleigh wanted them to get married. However I don't see what the harm would have been in waiting a bit.

I think we posted our threads at the same time. MODS please delete mine.

I think this is absolutely crazy...no way in hello would I be even thinking about getting married when my daughter is missing! WThuh?

Isn't it true that a spouse can refrain from testifying against their partner or something like that??

I am not sure that would apply in this situation.....course I never looked at it from that angle.

That is exactly what I thought when I read the headline of this thread!

I wonder if they would be excluded from testifying against each other.

I also wonder if it would "count" if they weren't married at the time.

hmmmmm.......

Yes thats true, however it does not apply in this case since whatever crime occured did so prior to marrage.

He's probably in big doo-doo since she's a minor and hes getting himself off the hook. IMO... Very sad that they would even plan something like this and if the kids wanted it so badly wouldnt he wait until Haleigh was around to be apart of all of this? UGH!

How insane is this? I don't get any warm and fuzzy vibes from this at all... :silenced:

It's another weird development in the Satsuma saga.....

Florida Statute 90.504(3) There is no privilege under this section:
(b) In a criminal proceeding in which one spouse is charged with a crime committed at any time against the person or property of the other spouse, or the person or property of a child of either.

So, it looks like the spousal privilege immunity against testifying cant be used if it is regarding a crime against a child.

I want to puke.

Your daughter is missing a month and now you are planning a wedding?

I'm sorry - but - how can anyone let alone her father think about anything else?

Even I couldn't think about getting married right now with this going on!

That and/or he can't be arrested for statutory rape? :confused:

I don't think it matters to LE if they got married or not. I seem to remember a case where the guy was older and teen girl and they got married but he was still charged..Now I will have to and see if I can find.

There are so many things wrong with this picture, where do you start? This is not normal, you can try to color it and spin it anyway you want to, but folks this ain't right!

I don't think it matters to LE if they got married or not. I seem to remember a case where the guy was older and teen girl and they got married but he was still charged..Now I will have to and see if I can find.

I think you are correct however I think the age was really young like 14 IIRC

I want to puke.

Your daughter is missing a month and now you are planning a wedding?

I'm sorry - but - how can anyone let alone her father think about anything else?

Even I couldn't think about getting married right now with this going on!

i'm with you...

Just wondering, what constitutes a 'common-law marriage'? Could an attorney argue that since they are living together they are (legally) married so they can not testify against one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy