Prosecutors Ask For Hearing On How Baez Is Getting Paid

GirlinCentralFL

Inactive
Reaction score
http://www.wftv.com/news/18890190/detail.html

Posted: 4:53 pm EDT March 9, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Prosecutors asked for a special court hearing Monday afternoon, to find out how Casey Anthony's defense team was getting paid.
The state is worried that Casey's lawyer Jose Baez could make decisions in the case based on a book or movie deal instead of her best interests. Prosecutors believe the move could be grounds for appeal if Casey is convicted.

From that article:

Many have been asking how Casey is paying for all of her attorneys and experts.. And even if there is a hearing on this issue, it might be behind closed doors. So even if prosecutors and the judge find out, the public may not.

No fair!!!

http://www.wftv.com/news/18890190/detail.html

Posted: 4:53 pm EDT March 9, 2009

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Prosecutors asked for a special court hearing Monday afternoon, to find out how Casey Anthony's defense team was getting paid.
The state is worried that Casey's lawyer Jose Baez could make decisions in the case based on a book or movie deal instead of her best interests. Prosecutors believe the move could be grounds for appeal if Casey is convicted.
Well, it's about time. I don't think they'd be asking for a hearing if they didn't have some concrete information.

I am so-o-o hoping the judge in this looks into it THOROUGHLY! Something stinks to high heavens about Baez and has all along.

And did anyone else notice how Cindy and George seem to have gotten awfully quiet about the quality of Baez's representation of Casey? Guess it was that stay at the Ritz that convinced them Baez is an okay attorney for their gal! IMO, of course.

Well, it's about time. I don't think they'd be asking for a hearing if they didn't have some concrete information.

I think they must have, they seem to know that Casey has already received at least one payment.

"Home videos of Caylee Anthony fetched almost $200,000 for the young mother last summer. "

Later in the article they say that Casey is not in a position to do her own negotiating, someone is doing it for her. The money trail will lead right back to Baez, IMO. I wonder how long the trial will be delayed if Casey has to replace him.

I'm glad this is happening. I have a feeling the financial backing is very deep and very hidden. I think we're all going to be shocked when all the details come out.

This man is so sneaky, and I don't think there is anything he won't stoop to for a little fame. It really is kinda sad. Casey is so young and gullible, and truly believes in him, but I think in the end, him and his stupidity is what is gonna hang her.

I'm glad this is happening. I have a feeling the financial backing is very deep and very hidden. I think we're all going to be shocked when all the details come out.

I just hope the details do come out. I knew JB wasn't doing this for free and he didn't seem worried that Casey supposedly had no money coming in.

I bet there is a huge paper trail.

This man is so sneaky, and I don't think there is anything he won't stoop to for a little fame. It really is kinda sad. Casey is so young and gullible, and truly believes in him, but I think in the end, him and his stupidity is what is gonna hang her.

I have asked this from the beginning and Baez is taking that girl for a ride in my opinion. She has the intelligence level of a 14 year old and has no ability to access her situation and how the courts work. I believe he needs to be removed from the case in the interest of her getting a fair trial.

I totally believe her to be guilty, but even a guilty person deserves to be able to make "INFORMED DECISIONS" about their life or death, and he has her so isolated, she is being denied that. I wonder if he is using the money for more than her defense.

I just hope the details do come out. I knew JB wasn't doing this for free and he didn't seem worried that Casey supposedly had no money coming in.

I bet there is a huge paper trail.

I bet the letter shredders are working overtime today.

WELL----------->:laugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Good! This definitely needs to be looked into. We've been asking how Casey is paying for things for a long time.

I think they must have, they seem to know that Casey has already received at least one payment.

"Home videos of Caylee Anthony fetched almost $200,000 for the young mother last summer. "

Later in the article they say that Casey is not in a position to do her own negotiating, someone is doing it for her. The money trail will lead right back to Baez, IMO. I wonder how long the trial will be delayed if Caylee has to replace him.
Thanks, CW...good to know...I haven't read the article yet. I guess JB could always say it was his imaginary friend TB that was the intermediary. LOL

ETA: I think you meant to say "Casey has to replace him".

Everytime she visited JB in his office, her backpack was full. Anyone notice if it was stuffed full on her return? Maybe he has dozens of her albums and tapes. Of course her family would notice if they were missing, I must speculate. There must be a lot more video of Caylee. We have seen some but I bet there is plenty. Also many PICS of casey not seen during her teen years. Did she ever go to a prom? no high school PICS. etc.

Wow, just wow.

Later in the article they say that Casey is not in a position to do her own negotiating, someone is doing it for her. The money trail will lead right back to Baez, IMO. I wonder how long the trial will be delayed if Caylee has to replace him.

I just saw this on Orlando news, a few minutes ago.

The reporter (Kathy B) seems very firm in her statement that the home movie was sold for profit and netted the defendant, $200,000.00. So we'll see. There was no language in her reporting which pointed to "sources reveal" or "It is alleged." I found that interesting. She is usually more cautious.
The video shown with this statement, on the Channel 9 (Wftv) report is the one with the birthday cake...I think we all know that one.
It should be a while before they put this video up on their website, though.

As the legal analyst they interviewed pointed out, and rightfully so, it might not mean the end of the line for JB even if he has a role in these financial dealings.
Casey would need to sign a written waiver that she is aware of any and all potential conflicts that might arise. And that further, she is waiving her right to throw a hissy fit about those, to put it in English.:deal:
This would keep JB on board, most likely.
I would not trust the waiver process though, :nono: as I would think Casey would later allege that she did not sign the thing freely, willingly and knowingly. That's just me though. :wink:

Humble-Opinion:wolf:

Thanks, MH, that was a great post.

Thinking about this from an ethical standpoint - Baez is doing a job and deserves to be paid. Casey is on trial for her life, basically, and is entitled to the best defense she can afford. If selling photos, which are hers to sell, buys her that defense and pays Baez, is that ethically wrong?

Discuss amongst yourselves ;)

I bet the letter shredders are working overtime today.

How much you wanna bet, with prosecutors going after the info, that the "big money source" is gonna dry up quick! :)

Well, thank goodness for this ! For the longest this has been a concern to many, myself included. I have always felt like he threw away possible plea talks for a money, book, movie deal. What money could there be if he settled early instead of taking the case to trial ? This is not only unethical, it's not fair for ANY defedant looking for the best possible deal. My honest opinion.

It's about time! I bet Baez is doing a whole heap load of things that could be considered to be appealable issues.

It's just so sad how Baes perpetuates the stereotype of attys being sneaky and unethical. I personally think Baez is NOT a credit to the legal profession. And I personally don't trust him for as far as I could throw him!

Wow, just wow.

I just saw this on Orlando news, a few minutes ago.

The reporter (Kathy B) seems very firm in her statement that the home movie was sold for profit and netted the defendant, $200,000.00. So we'll see. There was no language in her reporting which pointed to "sources reveal" or "It is alleged." I found that interesting. She is usually more cautious.
The video shown with this statement, on the Channel 9 (Wftv) report is the one with the birthday cake...I think we all know that one.
It should be a while before they put this video up on their website, though.

As the legal analyst they interviewed pointed out, and rightfully so, it might not mean the end of the line for JB even if he has a role in these financial dealings.
Casey would need to sign a written waiver that she is aware of any and all potential conflicts that might arise. And that further, she is waiving her right to throw a hissy fit about those, to put it in English.:deal:
This would keep JB on board, most likely.
I would not trust the waiver process though, :nono: as I would think Casey would later allege that she did not sign the thing freely, willingly and knowingly. That's just me though. :wink:

Humble-Opinion:wolf:
...or that she was of sound mind when she did so. There are way too many loop holes here. If there's any impropriety found, I would pray that the judge would 82 ski do Baez out of there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back