Kidnapped son contacts mum online!

Published: March 8, 2009A mother and one of her kidnapped sons are re-united after more than 30 years and it’s all because of MySpace.In an exclusive story, News 3’s Randi Hempel introduces us to a family who endured many years of heartache, tears and a tough road.It started in 1979 in Newark, New Jersey, with a custody battle and lawyer supervised visits between a father and his 3 and 4-year old sons.The father kidnapped his sons at the end of a visit, fleeing to Savannah. It left mom, Diane Spann, searching the northeast, heartbroken and hopeful.She had other children, but always remembered her boys, Isa and Laquarn.Their father told them she was trying to poison them and that if anyone asked about their mom, they were to say she was dead.

What a great story!!! I am so glad she decided to check an old account!

I am so glad they found each other after all this time.

BUT - I am pizzed that these boys were in the care of the state of Georgia, returned to their father and then abandoned!!!!! All the while, their mother was looking for them, missing them and would have TAKEN them! Dang - what is the matter with such selfish people? Why do they have to be so hurtful to others in their selfishness? I don't get it! He could have sent the boys back to their mom and been free to do whatever he wanted, without a worry. Such an easy thing to do - but noooooooo, he has to abandon them and the state of Georgia can't return them to their mother? Did they not ask to see the death certificate?

I am glad they are home, back with the family that loves them. May they all find some peace now, especially the younger one that is now in prison. He can thank his selfish father for that. I hope that sperm donor can't sleep at night.

Salem

Well bless that little granddaughter's heart for getting on MySpace and writing that note to her gramma. What a cute little girl. The boys and their mom missed out on a world of love over the years. What a shame and then the dad didn't really want them the older they got. I hope the mom gets to see her other son who is in prison. I think that mama has faith as high as the tallest mountain. Bless all of them.

Well bless that little granddaughter's heart for getting on MySpace and writing that note to her gramma. What a cute little girl. The boys and their mom missed out on a world of love over the years. What a shame and then the dad didn't really want them the older they got. I hope the mom gets to see her other son who is in prison. I think that mama has faith as high as the tallest mountain. Bless all of them.

I just want to tell you Bobbisangel, I just love your posts. You are the sweetest person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back