IL - Chase Anderson, 22 mos, dies of head trauma, Alton, 8 March 2009

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
Mods, I didn't see this one posted, please merge if I overlooked a previous post for this little boy. TIA!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-altonstepmomcharg,0,1937638.story

Alton ILL,

snipped from article:

" Authorities say an Alton woman has been charged with swinging her 22-month-old stepson against a door frame, inflicting a brain injury that later killed him.
The Madison County state's attorney's office on Tuesday charged 29-year-old Jami Renee Anderson with first-degree murder in Chase Anderson's death.

Alton Police Chief Chris Sullivan says someone called 911 on Sunday to report the boy had struck his head and was unconscious. He died Monday at Children's Hospital in St. Louis. "

http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/charged_24414___article.html/child_death.html

Picture of Chase, and his stepmother located to top right of article:

snipped from that article:

"The boy's father told Harrison's daughter that for several weeks, he would come home from work and notice the child would have a bruise, a cut lip or a knot on his head, Harrison said.

"(Anderson) told him it was from a temper tantrum," Harrison said. "It escalated, and I don't know why. He didn't have tantrums."

She said the incidents were reported to the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, "but nothing happened."

Sullivan said he has no record of anyone calling police regarding abuse of the child."

More info at link, pretty good article.

I read this on another blog, but won't link here: "Chase would have had turned two on April 13."

RIP Chase precious baby boy.

Anderson was being held Tuesday at Alton City Jail with no bond.

What a beautiful little boy. When are parents going to stop turning a blind eye toward the abuse of their kids?

Jami Renee Anderson

Guilty Plea
Sentence Date: 01/28/2010

Offense: 1st Degree Murder
Sentence: 40 years

Projected Release Date: 03/08/2049

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics