Found Deceased MA - Judith Chartier, 17, Chelmsford, 5 June 1982 *car found in 2021*

Richard

Reaction score
Judith Ann Chartier Missing since 5 June 1982 from Chelmsford, MA

[size=+1]JUDITH ANN CHARTIER[/size]
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Aug 12, 1964
Missing Date: Jun 5, 1982
Age at time: 17
Sex: Female
Race: White
Height: 5'5" (165 cm)
Weight: 135 lbs (61 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Missing from: CHELMSFORD,MA, USA
Case Number: NCMC600731

Circumstances: Judith left a party with a male companion, dropped him off and continued home, but was never seen again. She has a scar under her chin, a scar on her left wrist and a cap on her top left front tooth. She may get a red rash on her forehead and knuckles due to a medical condition.

There was an article in in the May 11, 2005 issue of nbc4.com news that stated both Judith Ann Chartier of Chelmsford Ma and Alice Welch of Roanoke Va were being tested for potential matches to skeletal remains found in Frederick Md in August of 1982. The bones were found in Frederick Municipal Forest, known in 1982 as the Frederick City Watershed. Not sure if either one matched up or if results are in yet...

Anyone hear if the DNA tests were completed yet?

Judy was ruled out by dentals immediately...The boyfriend was from the Frederick, MD area...

Alice Welsh's dental records were destroyed in a fire many years ago...

No possibility of DNA testing.

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: August 12, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5, 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown curly hair; brown eyes. Her nickname is "Judy."
Marks, Scars: Chartier has a scar under her chin and another on her left wrist. She may develop a rash on her forehead and knuckles due to a medical condition.
Clothing: Brown corduroy designer pants, a hip-length white sweater with brown buttons and tan sandals.
Dentals: Available. She has a cap on her top left front tooth.
Vehicle: 1977 black Dodge

Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Aug 12, 1964
Missing Date: Jun 5, 1982
Age Now: 41
Missing City: CHELMSFORD
Missing State : MA
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC600731

NCME

Charley Project

Bumping the case up. Here is some more information on Judy's case. The link below has some photos of her.

---------------------------------------------
Judith Ann Chartier
Missing since June 5, 1982 from Chelmsford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: August 12, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5, 135 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown curly hair; brown eyes. Her nickname is "Judy."
Marks, Scars: Chartier has a scar under her chin and another on her left wrist. She may develop a rash on her forehead and knuckles due to a medical condition.
Clothing: Brown corduroy designer pants, a hip-length white sweater with brown buttons and tan sandals.
Dentals: Available. She has a cap on her top left front tooth.
Vehicle: 1977 black Dodge

Circumstances of Disappearance
Chartier attended a party with her boyfriend in Chelmsford, Massachusetts on June 5, 1982. They had an argument during the evening and Chartier drove him to his house, then continued back to the party on her own. Witnesses told the authorities that she left the party at approximately 2:00 AM. Neither she nor the 1977 black Dodge she was driving was seen again.

A couple of years ago, police got a call from the US Secret Service in Washington, who were conducting a counterfeiting investigation. In the trunk of a car owned by the suspect, James Mitchell DeBardeleben, also believed to be involved in serial killings, they found a map of the area where Chartier disappeared, along with sadomasochistic pictures of other young women. There was also a receipt from a nearby motel dated the day before Chartier's disappearance.

A Chelmsford police detective went to Washington and worked with the Secret Service, but never got any information from the suspect.
DeBardeleben was ruled out as a suspect in the 1982 Michigan disappearance of Kellie Brownlee in the mid-1980's.

Chartier was employed at a fast-food restaurant in Chelmsford at the time of her 1982 disappearance. Her mother told authorities that Chartier was being harrassed by a male co-worker at the time she vanished. Chartier's mother also stated that her daughter was frightened of the employee. It is not known if the unidentified male is connected to Chartier's disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
Chelmsford Police Department
Missing Persons Unit
Det. Sgt. T.F. O'Conner
978-256-2521

Agency Case Number: 82-86
NCIC Number: M-273368461

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 10DFMA

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/10dfma.html

The 25 year anniversary of Judith Ann Chartier's disappearance is approaching. Perhaps some local press coverage of it will bring out more information.

Bump...

I am from this this area and have never heard of this case. Any updates? I can't believe I didn't know about her.

I'm always suspicious of "...with a male companion, dropped him off and continued home..."

I'm sure that was his story, anyway.

Well this girl was being harassed by a co-worker at the time she vanished and was afraid of him, sounds more ominous than the boyfriend.

Also her car vanished with her and in many such cases that means the victim is still in the car :(

Still in the car? Ugh. I wonder if the harrasser was ever named? Not finding the car is strange.

IMHO:

CON;discrepancy in height of two inches. UID has appendectomy scar.
Judith C does not. Judith C has other identify marks.
PRO: But the shape of nose and face are remarkable.
brown hair, brown eyes.

I think LE should be called as there are dental and dna available for a match.

Bumping this thread up. Has anyone found out any more information or seen any recent articles?

I wonder if Judith Ann's disappearance could be related to any other similar abuctions around that same time which occurred in other states.

Bumping this thread up. Has anyone found out any more information or seen any recent articles?

Police search home owned by missing girl's family
AP / August 10, 2012
http://http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2012/08/10/police-search-home-owned-missing-girl-family/AZ7t1nlnG8szZk6pJ5iyyM/story.html

Report: Bones Found In Former Chelmsford Home Of Woman Missing 30 Years
August 10, 2012 9:11 AM
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/08/10/report-bones-found-in-former-chelmsford-home-of-woman-missing-30-years/

I have been reading the posts here off and on, and was interested to read the latest articles re: bones being found in Judith's home.

I have never for one minute considered the possibility that she arrived at home that night. Since her car was never found, I have always assumed something happened to her on the way home.

If these bones turn out to be hers, how the heck did she die and who killed her? She lived with her parents and seven brothers, so I can't imagine one of them being able to kill her without someone else in the house being aware of it. IMO

Maybe this will turn out to be a tempest in a teapot, because the bones may not even be human. Could be a family pet.

Okay, I goofed. When I re-read the article I saw that the house being searched is not the home Judith lived in with her family when she disappeared. It is a home down the street which her family purchased. That makes a little more sense to me, as I couldn't figure out how she could have been murdered in her family home with her parents and seven brothers living there too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back