Inconsistencies/Discrepancies & Timeline discussion

pirate

Former Member
Reaction score
Let's take a look at the inconsistencies in this case.

When and why did Misty wake up?

When did Misty discover Haleigh missing?

When did she call Ron in relation to when she discovered Haleigh was missing?

When did she call 911 in relation to when she discovered Haleigh was missing?

Was there a fight about a gun? Misty and Teresa say yes. Ron says no.

I'm not looking to solve these quandrys- just would like to have all of them listed in one place- and who the sources of the inconsistencies were.

Did a relative/GGM drive by/drop clothes off somewhere around 7-7:30 as it was finally stated not by Misty or RC or LE, but by TN on the 17th on the NG show?

Misty said she put Haleigh to bed in the pink shirt, but the shirt was found in the laundry.

Misty and dad state they "never" use the rear door save for rare occasions and insist Haleigh could not possibly reach or open, yet both claim they "constantly checked" that door to be sure it was locked. :waitasec:

Misty and dad state screen door was propped and describe inner rear door as being "wide open" when they discovered, yet this solid rear inswinging door naturally swings closed... :waitasec:

Misty describes the clothing Haleigh was last seen and put to bed in at first as pajamas, then pink shirt and panties, then pink shirt w tan shorts, yet she then finds the pink shirt... (please don't get me started on the blankets...) :waitasec:

Misty and GGM report she fed the children dinner outside on the front porch, yet temps were recorded in 40's or 50's that evening... :waitasec:

Misty insists she was at the home w the kids the entire night, yet tipsters reported to LE that she went out that night, left the home and possibly seen doing drugs as early as 7:30ish... :waitasec:

Misty claims to have not awoken until after 3:00 am shortly before dad's arrival, yet their neighbor reports hearing a woman yelling from inside or around Haleigh's home at 2:25 am that same morning... :waitasec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKkhLHyO_s

:parrot:

snip
Let's take a look at the inconsistencies in this case.
This thread if fine Pirate as long as it stays on topic of "Inconsistencies"
*containing conflicting or contradictory elements

If this turns into a bashing thread of ANY 'player' in this case it will be deleted.

When and why did Misty wake up? She said that all she saw was "3", and didn't notice the minutes. She said she got up to get a drink of water, then she said she got up to go to the bathroom - maybe she was getting a drink of water from the bathroom.

When did Misty discover Haleigh missing? When she woke up to go to the bathroom, she noticed the kitchen light on and went to check, saw the back door open, went back to the bedroom and noticed Haleigh was gone.

When did she call Ron in relation to when she discovered Haleigh was missing? Not sure. She was calling Ron as he was driving up to the house. He got home around 3:25 am.

When did she call 911 in relation to when she discovered Haleigh was missing? 3:27 am.

Was there a fight about a gun? Misty and Teresa say yes. Ron says no. Not sure.

Was there a gun found on the side of the road? Not sure.

Let's remember, we don't know everything that was told to LE and just yesterday, Misty announced that she was advised that she passed her polygraphs which show that she was home the whole night.

When asked Ron C states he last saw Haleigh when he picked her up from the bus stop.

NG asked TN if she knew for certain Haleigh was in school the day she disappeared... TN states.. Yes mam she was, I picked her up at the bus stop..
Someone is lying... Who is it?

Ok..here's my list of inconsistencies coming from Misty for things that happened inside the home that night...

The door/s, the kitchen light, the blankets, the reason for getting up, who got up first, where Misty walked first, the time frame (G gma dropped clothes off at 7-7:30, the kids watched TWO movies and Haleigh was asleep by 8!), where Haleigh was sleeping, what Haleigh was wearing or NOT wearing.

Misty C states her brother, nephews, niece, and ac man came to the house that day and the left sometime between 5:30 pm and 5:45 pm.. She never mentioned Grandma Sykes visiting them to drop off clean clothes. Why didn't she mention Grandma Sykes in the beginning... Grandma Sykes came forward with this information in reference to allegations made that Misty was not at home that night....

The first I read about Gramma Sykes dropping off the clothes, it was stated that Haleigh & Jr. were sitting on the porch eating, & yelled & waved "Hi Gramma!" to her.
That made it sound like that was the extent of her contact with the kids that evening.
More recently, I read that Gramma Sykes said she hugged the children before she left.

Inconsistency - I never hit my daughter/I hit my daughter the way DCF allows.

When asked Ron C states he last saw Haleigh when he picked her up from the bus stop.

NG asked TN if she knew for certain Haleigh was in school the day she disappeared... TN states.. Yes mam she was, I picked her up at the bus stop..
Someone is lying... Who is it?

I am not trying to discuss...but this I know because I started a thread about it...the Nancy Grace transcripts are wrong....when you watch the show it's self...TN says Ron picked her up. :blowkiss:

TN says they couldnt or didnt have the time for a wedding,,,"because daddy always had to work" now that daddy has the time, they are just going to go ahead and do whatever Haliegh wanted.....yesterday, She Is saying this is what haliegh "always wanted", ...says they are just going to do this, no party, no nothing....then she also says, they are going to have a big celebration after haligh comes home. :waitasec: NOW....today, TN stated that when Halieigh returns that she will have everything she wanted.
imo....stick to one story people! :rolleyes:

BUT....Mistys mother LC said on Monday outside the court house that the kids asked to get married before and she said she wouldnt sign until they was 18.....did she not say that on Monday? :bang:
And shes now letting them do it.

Soooo...the inconsistancy is.....the reason why they didnt get married before, while Haliegh was here. Thats :crazy:

TN & LC should communicate better.....so now, those statements become hearsay, ..... Ron & Misty will now speak for themselves tomarrow and perhaps answer the questions .....hopefully making more sense to me.

One thing that I am puzzled about is the lock on the back door. Ron said on either NG or GVS very early on that the kids couldn't reach the lock on the back door and that he installed it himself. On looking at the doors on NG last week, I didn't see a lock that was placed high up on either door. Was this lock supposedly installed on the main door or the screen door? I didn't see a "high up lock" on either door.

Ok- to keep things streamlined, here is what I took from the first 14 posts:

1-When and why did Misty wake up?

2-When did Misty discover Haleigh missing?

3-When did she call Ron in relation to when she discovered Haleigh was missing?

4-When did she call 911 in relation to when she discovered Haleigh was missing?

5-Was there a fight about a gun? Misty and Teresa say yes. Ron says no.
6-Did a relative/GGM drive by/drop clothes off somewhere around 7-7:30 as it was finally stated not by Misty or RC or LE, but by TN on the 17th on the NG show?

7-Misty said she put Haleigh to bed in the pink shirt, but the shirt was found in the laundry.

8-Misty and dad state they "never" use the rear door save for rare occasions and insist Haleigh could not possibly reach or open, yet both claim they "constantly checked" that door to be sure it was locked.

9-Misty and dad state screen door was propped and describe inner rear door as being "wide open" when they discovered, yet this solid rear inswinging door naturally swings closed...

10-Misty describes the clothing Haleigh was last seen and put to bed in at first as pajamas, then pink shirt and panties, then pink shirt w tan shorts, yet she then finds the pink shirt... (please don't get me started on the blankets...)

11- Misty and GGM report she fed the children dinner outside on the front porch, yet temps were recorded in 40's or 50's that evening...

12- Misty insists she was at the home w the kids the entire night, yet tipsters reported to LE that she went out that night, left the home and possibly seen doing drugs as early as 7:30ish...

13- Misty claims to have not awoken until after 3:00 am shortly before dad's arrival, yet their neighbor reports hearing a woman yelling from inside or around Haleigh's home at 2:25 am that same morning
14-The door/s, the kitchen light, the blankets, the reason for getting up, who got up first, where Misty walked first, the time frame (G gma dropped clothes off at 7-7:30, the kids watched TWO movies and Haleigh was asleep by 8!), where Haleigh was sleeping, what Haleigh was wearing or NOT wearing.

15-Misty C states her brother, nephews, niece, and ac man came to the house that day and the left sometime between 5:30 pm and 5:45 pm.. She never mentioned Grandma Sykes visiting them to drop off clean clothes. Why didn't she mention Grandma Sykes in the beginning... Grandma Sykes came forward with this information in reference to allegations made that Misty was not at home that night....

16-I never hit my daughter/I hit my daughter the way DCF allows.

17-TN says they couldnt or didnt have the time for a wedding,,,"because daddy always had to work" now that daddy has the time, they are just going to go ahead and do whatever Haliegh wanted.....yesterday, She Is saying this is what haliegh "always wanted", ...says they are just going to do this, no party, no nothing....then she also says, they are going to have a big celebration after haligh comes home. NOW....today, TN stated that when Halieigh returns that she will have everything she wanted. BUT....Mistys mother LC said on Monday outside the court house that the kids asked to get married before and she said she wouldnt sign until they was 18.....did she not say that on Monday? And shes now letting them do it.

18-the lock on the back door. Ron said on either NG or GVS very early on that the kids couldn't reach the lock on the back door and that he installed it himself. On looking at the doors on NG last week, I didn't see a lock that was placed high up on either door. Was this lock supposedly installed on the main door or the screen door? I didn't see a "high up lock" on either door.

some of these are duplicated but with different details.

Is there any common thread to these inconsistencies? Is there any way we can find out the truth?

Much of this list is simple details.

Misty and dad state they "never" use the rear door save for rare occasions and insist Haleigh could not possibly reach or open, yet both claim they "constantly checked" that door to be sure it was locked. :waitasec:

Misty and dad state screen door was propped and describe inner rear door as being "wide open" when they discovered, yet this solid rear inswinging door naturally swings closed... :waitasec:

Misty describes the clothing Haleigh was last seen and put to bed in at first as pajamas, then pink shirt and panties, then pink shirt w tan shorts, yet she then finds the pink shirt... (please don't get me started on the blankets...) :waitasec:

Misty and GGM report she fed the children dinner outside on the front porch, yet temps were recorded in 40's or 50's that evening... :waitasec:

Misty insists she was at the home w the kids the entire night, yet tipsters reported to LE that she went out that night, left the home and possibly seen doing drugs as early as 7:30ish... :waitasec:

Misty claims to have not awoken until after 3:00 am shortly before dad's arrival, yet their neighbor reports hearing a woman yelling from inside or around Haleigh's home at 2:25 am that same morning... :waitasec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUKkhLHyO_s

:parrot:

when the reporter was on NG's show with TN giving a tour of the house, she did open that back door and it did swing closed, but they mentioned that they put the laundry on the floor and the laundry might have propped it open

this abductor sure thought this out pretty well if he used all these items to prop open doors....

I hope this is appropriate for this thread. :eek: It's not a specific inconsistency, but a new report about LE's comments yesterday about them, and interesting news about Misty's latest interview with LE. I'm posting it here to encourage you all as you continue digging in this direction. :)

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/13/news/news01.txt

Couple again questioned by authorities

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Friday, March 13, 2009 1:35 AM EDT

Lawmen investigating the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings searched land along a nine-mile stretch of highway Thursday as the missing girl's father and his girlfriend got married.

The search and wedding came one day after detectives renewed their questioning of the pair, Ronald Cummings and Misty Croslin.

-snip-

A senior sheriff's official
, asked by the Daily News if investigators were satisfied with results of the interviews of the couple, expressed concern about "inconsistencies" in Croslin's statements.

Investigators are focusing on the eight hours from when Haleigh was last seen - about 7 p.m. on Feb. 9 - and when she was reported missing the next day at 3:27 a.m., Maj. Gary Bowling said Thursday.

"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said.

Croslin ended her interview with detectives Wednesday and walked out during questioning
, Bowling said.

Investigators also met with the 25-year-old Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

Detectives are building a timeline including anyone who had contact with Haleigh during that time. Bowling described the repeated questioning sessions as a normal part of a major investigation.

"From the beginning, we have said that we will interview anyone, at anytime, as many times as need be, to get information that will help us find Haleigh," he said.

Bowling said investigators believe clearing up Croslin's inconsistent statements would help solve the disappearance.

-snip-

Meredith Viera just asked Misty about her inconsistencies in her story and Misty's response was "I don't know."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

How bout the times when Ron says he has no idea about something - then goes on to answer like he does have an idea.

examples...

He has no idea how someone got in - but the lock must have been picked.

and

My fav. - he has no idea where the cinder block came from - never seen it - but it might have come from around the shed in the backyard that he never goes near.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back