Scott Peterson vs. KC - Which case had/has more evidence?*POLL ADDED*

Scott Peterson vs. KC - Which case has/had more evidence in favor of the prosecution?

• Casey Anthony

Votes: 645 90.1%
  • Scott Peterson

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters

trixi491

Reaction score
IMO, these cases are very similiar in the fact that both are relying/relied on mainly circumstantial evidence. They also deal with an individual being charged with killing their loved ones (with children involved in both cases) and then claiming a kidnapping or disappearance. What bugs me is that SP got the death penalty and they are not even seeking it for KC when there is way more evidence against KC than there was Scott IMO. Agree? Disagree?

Hi Trix, Boy, that was a hard button to punch but IMO it is Casey by a mile.

I think they have her so nailed that if she didn't have the right to a fair trial the State could cut some deal with her attorney to save the State allot of $$$$'s in prosecuting her.

Both circumstantial cases, the main diff I see is that with Casey's case there is more forensic evidence, or literally has to be. With SP it was lite on forensics.

BTW, forensics are circumstanmtial evidence.

O/T Do you know where Casey will go if she becomes a lifer?

While I agree that there is more evidence against Casey, the simple fact is she's female and a (edit: former) mother. Regardless of quantity and quality of evidence, a story of man killing a pregnant wife is just universally far easier for a jury to acccept and punish, than a young woman killing her toddler daughter.

While I agree that there is more evidence against Casey, the simple fact is she's female and a mother. Regardless of quantity and quality of evidence, a story of man killing a pregnant wife is just universally far easier for a jury to acccept and punish, than a young woman killing her toddler daughter.

Hi Where's Andre, OMG, I have forgotten as it has been so long ago. Was Scott also found guilty of murder for killing Connor? Ta

IMO, these cases are very similiar in the fact that both are relying/relied on mainly circumstantial evidence. They also deal with an individual being charged with killing their loved ones (with children involved in both cases) and then claiming a kidnapping or disappearance. What bugs me is that SP got the death penalty and they are not even seeking it for KC when there is way more evidence against KC than there was Scott IMO. Agree? Disagree?

Fear not. We are a long way from cases like the Laci/Connor Peterson and OJ. Forensics have come a long way since then as well as the microscope of the media on these types of cases. If I recall correctly, the phrase "person of interest" was coined during the Peterson case.
LE and SA have been held to the highest standards since the inception of cameras in the courtrom and public interest in cases since the OJ case, so I have no doubt that Florida is fully prepared for this case. They have the finest forensic investigators analyzing the evidence for this most bizzare case and all the time in the world to build thier case and decide what punishment will apply.
If this case is televised...if it ever goes to trial without a plea, I will need to take a vacation...an extended one.

While I agree that there is more evidence against Casey, the simple fact is she's female and a mother. Regardless of quantity and quality of evidence, a story of man killing a pregnant wife is just universally far easier for a jury to acccept and punish, than a young woman killing her toddler daughter.

The way I look at it, KC got pregnant by accident, was extremely immature and irresponsible, couldn't afford to raise a child, referred to herself as an "unfit mother," and had constant fights and jealousy issues with her mother regarding Caylee. Add to the fact that she was able to party, smile, rent horror movies with her bf, and get a "bella vita" tattoo days after her daughter gets "kidnapped," and I'm sure the jury will definitely not look at her as your normal, typical mother. Remember, Susan Smith killed her two children b/c the guy she was in love with didn't want kids. If she's capable of it, why not KC?

While I agree that there is more evidence against Casey, the simple fact is she's female and a (edit: former) mother. Regardless of quantity and quality of evidence, a story of man killing a pregnant wife is just universally far easier for a jury to acccept and punish, than a young woman killing her toddler daughter.

I think there is more evidence by a mile against Casey.

But, I agree with you that some people don't want to believe a girl that looks like Casey could be capable of murder. If she had just cried a little bit at some of the hearings she'd have even more fans sending her money.

Appearances matter too much, IMO.

I also think if she gets acquitted after SP didn't, there will be major outrage regarding the issue of double standards b/w men and women.

Circumstantial evidence includes EVERY type of DNA evidence. The only other type of evidence in a court of law is direct evidence. This might be a confession, a video of the actual crime, or an eyewitness to the ACTUAL crime. Seeing Johnny flee the crime scene would be CE if you didn't see him commit the deed.

So, CE is actually preferred to DE and it's silly to ever say this is only a CE case.

Having said that, most of the evidence (though damning) on Scott Peterson was behavioral evidences really. They did have the purchase of the boat, cement, some computer logs, etc.. and him placing himself at the scene where the bodies washed ashore, but there was no real DNA evidence since he lived at the home.

This would apply to Casey as well, but with decomp in the car, Caylee's hair with the death band there as well, statements of her acknowledging the smell also goes a long way. Also, she went the "abduction route," but too many evidences from the home were found with the remains. She too has a LOT of behavior issues and just like with Scott Peterson, it's going to be a huge downfall for the defense. But in the end, what we know right now, they already have 10X more on Casey than they ever had on Scott (aside from behavior as they were pretty equal in that dept.).

Hi Where's Andre, OMG, I have forgotten as it has been so long ago. Was Scott also found guilty of murder for killing Connor? Ta

Murder 1 for Laci, murder 2 for Connor. If he wouldn't have been found guilty of the murder of Connor (1st or 2nd degree), he wouldn't have qualified for the DP.

Murder 1 for Laci, murder 2 for Connor. If he wouldn't have been found guilty of the murder of Connor (1st or 2nd degree), he wouldn't have qualified for the DP.

Yes, but California v.s. Florida probally evens out the DP handicap. Oh, but I forgot to add dirty cheatin' *advertiser censored* subscribin' man to equation. Add in his lack of emotion shown at the trial, and I still think it just was easier for a jury to slip in the needle.

Casey still has possible accident or mental defect in the back of the jury's head going for her as well. Acceptance of alternative theories for SP, just didn't seem to resonate with the NG public opinion crowd quite as well.

I think what you have written may have been true pre-Susan Smith, but now I think jurors are more apt to convict a mother.

The depravity of Susan Smith's actions has opened the eyes of most non-believers and made it less difficut for them to accept that a mother could easily kill her child.....imo

More evidence for KC. What they both have in common is wanting to be free of being a parent so chose murder. SP wanted a new relationship vs being married with a baby....KC wanted to date men and party. And weren't both in shaky financial situations too?

Circumstantial evidence includes EVERY type of DNA evidence. The only other type of evidence in a court of law is direct evidence. This might be a confession, a video of the actual crime, or an eyewitness to the ACTUAL crime. Seeing Johnny flee the crime scene would be CE if you didn't see him commit the deed.

So, CE is actually preferred to DE and it's silly to ever say this is only a CE case.

Having said that, most of the evidence (though damning) on Scott Peterson was behavioral evidences really. They did have the purchase of the boat, cement, some computer logs, etc.. and him placing himself at the scene where the bodies washed ashore, but there was no real DNA evidence since he lived at the home.

This would apply to Casey as well, but with decomp in the car, Caylee's hair with the death band there as well, statements of her acknowledging the smell also goes a long way. Also, she went the "abduction route," but too many evidences from the home were found with the remains. She too has a LOT of behavior issues and just like with Scott Peterson, it's going to be a huge downfall for the defense. But in the end, what we know right now, they already have 10X more on Casey than they ever had on Scott (aside from behavior as they were pretty equal in that dept.).

Actually I think that eyewitness testimoney is considered circumstantial rather than direct because of recollection issues and most testimony is given after the crime and pre trial testimoney and statements are picked apart at trial sometimes months later.
Forensic evidence will seal the deal in this case, which was sorely lacking in the Peterson case.
There is decomp and mad cell ping evidence in this case so I have no doubt that the dots will be connected.
Remeber the cell evidence in the Peterson case? That was 5 years ago.
Technology will bury Casey.

Yes, but California v.s. Florida probally evens out the DP handicap. Oh, but I forgot to add dirty cheatin' *advertiser censored* subscribin' man to equation. Add in his lack of emotion shown at the trial, and I still think it just was easier for a jury to slip in the needle.

Casey still has possible accident or mental defect in the back of the jury's head going for her as well. Acceptance of alternative theories for SP, just didn't seem to resonate with the NG public opinion crowd quite as well.

There were lots of audio recordings of SP in his fantacy world with Amber, but mad pictures of Casey partying for 31 days when she claimed to be "searching" for her "missing" daughter. Video of her writing forged checks for items for her single life after her child was unaccounted for like food, alcohol and clothing...anything other that a mother on her own would need to take care of her young daughter. Without blinking an eye, she forged those checks. Without blinking an eye she went and rented videos with her new boyfriend and her child was unaccounted for.
Powerfull.
Something tells me we have not seen the tip of the iceberg.

And let's not forget that SP told his mistress that his wife went missing weeks before the event. And oooohhhh those secret tapes that AF made of Scott in Paris and all over the place were soooooooo soap opera compelling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back