GUILTY IN - Lilianna Goodmann, 14 mos, beaten to death, Indianapolis, 13 March 2009

I just want to cry!! At least 2 other adults were in that freaking apartment when this MONSTER was beating a baby - for more than an hour with a BELT!!!

Prayers that this little one survives.

There are no words for the man who did this (well, there are many words, but none are fit to print here.) :furious:

Oh my GOD. I understand we all have the god-given right to reproduce, but lord can't something be done for people like this BEFORE they have children? UGH!!! I am so tired of hearing about the terrible abuse of innocent children who only by *luck* of the draw are born to horrible, despicable people. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

National studies show that children who live in a household with an unrelated adult are nearly 50 times more likely to die from an inflicted injury than a child who lives with two biological parents. In more than 80 percent of the cases studied, the boyfriend of the child's mother was the killer.

Words fail me :(

I dont know what to say.

My mind can not even comprehend what that poor baby girl went through

He also beat up his girlfriend the mother who is PREGNANT

How the **** can a baby be disrespectful?! Ohhh this pisses me off so bad I cannot express what I am feeling without getting banned!!! I hope that gets some jailhouse justice everyday he is there. RIP sweet baby, they can't hurt you anymore.

This needs to leave the face of the earth. Now.

Plus there were other adults in the home when this beating was going on!!! They all need to be charged! He doesn't even look sorry in his mug shot. Piece of TRASH!

It also says another juvenile was present.:( Imagine how that will affect that's child life. How does someone become that evil by 18?! And, even though the mother was injured, I have to say, I would have died to save my child. Now she's having another one. This is just not right on so many levels. They need to just put the killer down; he is useless to society.

I think every adult bystander in that house needs to be jailed for life. Including the mother for staying with such a creep and not dying in the attempt to save her little baby girl.
As for chism himself, I won't say what I think should happen because it would be a crime, but it should be swift and sure. I cannot understand the pure evil and cruelty necessary to do such a thing. I cannot understand it.

Toddler beaten severelyfor not eating; Mother’s live-in boyfriend arrested
Updated: Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 5:59 PM EDT
Published : Thursday, 12 Mar 2009, 4:58 PM EDT

Deanna Dewberry
Edited by Hyacinth Williams

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) - A toddler is fighting for her life after suffering being beaten for more than hour. Authorities describe 14-month-old Lilianna Goodman's injuries as unstable and extremely critical.

On Thursday, police arrested 18-year-old Tayuan Chism, the mother's live-in boyfriend.

"The 14-month old girl was beaten with a belt for a period of 1 to 2 hours for disciplinary issues specifically that being not eating her food and failure to respect the suspect. So as a result of his feeling that he was disrespected, he has beaten the child for that duration," said IMPD Spokesman Paul Thompson.

Police believe Chism was angry, very angry. They say he beat Lilianna for not eating her food and failure to respect him.

Lilianna was taken to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St. Vincent. Police believe Chism beat her mother, Rachel Goodman as well. But her injuries are not life threatening.

24-Hour News 8 located her Thursday at her apartment. She was refused to talk to News 8, but her friend did.

"She's emotional, she's alright right now, she's dealing with it the best way that she can," said Kareem Kubisty, a family friend.

Domestic violence experts said abusers often exhibit a pattern of escalation that can be deadly.

"Usually there's a period of building tension until it explodes into some kind of outburst violence or some other kind of abuse," said Betsy Whaley, The Julian Center.

Police said in addition to the mother, there were two adults and a juvenile at the home at the time of the beating. Right now, Chism is the only one being charged.

chism_tayuan.jpg

18-year-old Tayuan Chism, the mother's live-in boyfriend

Police: Toddler Beaten By Mother's Boyfriend Dies
Girl, Mother Taken To Hospital On Wednesday

POSTED: 5:03 pm EDT March 13, 2009
UPDATED: 6:24 am EDT March 14, 2009

INDIANAPOLIS -- A 14-month-old girl who police said was severely beaten by her mother's boyfriend died Friday afternoon.

Lilianna Goodmann had been at the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St. Vincent since Wednesday. She was taken off life support at 3:30 p.m. on Friday after a scan showed no brain activity, said Indianapolis police Sgt. Paul Thompson.

A friend brought the toddler and her mother, Rachel Goodmann, 21, to St. Vincent Hospital after both were beaten by Rachel Goodmann's boyfriend, Tayuan Chism (pictured), 18, police said.

Police said Chism came to the hospital and told police he was the one they needed to talk to. He was arrested later that night on charges of neglect of a dependent, aggravated battery and domestic battery.

Chism's bond was increased to $1 million Friday evening. Thompson said a murder charge would likely be filed against Chism on Monday.

Police said Chism beat the girl for more than an hour Wednesday in an apartment in the 2100 block of Amherst Drive because she wouldn't eat food and "for failure to show respect to Chism," Thompson said.

Rachel Goodmann, who is also 14 weeks pregnant, was treated and released.

"There's not indication at this time, without that autopsy, that there is any other circumstance involving that child's death," Thompson said.

Copyright 2009 by TheIndyChannel.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

I think every adult bystander in that house needs to be jailed for life. Including the mother for staying with such a creep and not dying in the attempt to save her little baby girl.
As for chism himself, I won't say what I think should happen because it would be a crime, but it should be swift and sure. I cannot understand the pure evil and cruelty necessary to do such a thing. I cannot understand it.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/21652248/detail.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- The mother of a 14-month-old girl who authorities said watched as her child was beaten to death earlier this year pleaded guilty Wednesday to neglect of a dependent.

Rachel Goodman was charged in March. She is expected to testify against her former boyfriend, Tayuan Chism, 18, who was charged with murder.

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/tayuan-chism-gets-55-years-in-prison

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - A 19-year-old man who pleaded guilty to beating his girlfriend's 15-month-old daughter to death with a belt has been sentenced to 55 years in prison.

Marion County Judge Kurt Eisgruber sentenced Tayuan Chism on Thursday, 13 days after he pleaded guilty in the March 2009 death of Lillianna Goodmann. Eisgruber suspended 10 years of Chism's 65-year sentence, the maximum for murder.

From February 2010:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/teen-gets-55-years-in-toddler-s-beating-death

Tayuan Chism, 19, was sentenced to 65 years in prison, with 10 years suspended, and two years probation, 6News' Derrik Thomas reported.

Chism pleaded guilty in January to the murder of Lilliana Goodman...

"This is someone who was acting out of pure rage and literally beating an infant to death over the course of 90 minutes to two hours, striking her 50 times with a belt buckle," Marion County Prosecutor Carl Brizzi said in 2009.

From June 2010:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/mom-sentenced-in-daughter-s-beating-death

Rachel Goodman pleaded guilty to charges of neglect of a dependent in the death of her daughter, Lilliana Goodman, at the hands of her boyfriend, Tayuan Chism, 18, in March of last year...

Rachel Goodman was sentenced on Friday to 25 years in prison with five years suspended and one year probation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back