2009.03.14 Geraldo - Dr. Baden, Slip or Not on Chloroform In Caylee's hair test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracey276

Reaction score
I really hope someone else watched Geraldo last night and saw this too. It's driving me crazy. I think we may have a "true" bombshell. Or else I am crazy and everyone else has heard about this and I missed it. But I know if it has come out before or is not new, here is the place to post and find out.

Did anyone watch Geraldo last night, where he did the special on Anna Nicole Smith? He had on Dr. Baden and Dr. Perper to discuss the autopsy and the toxicology examination of Anna Nicole. Geraldo had asked Dr. Perper if he had done hair screening of Anna Nicole to get her drug history, as it stays in the hair and you can get a lot of information from the hair. Dr. Perper said no, because it's totally irrelevant.
When Geraldo heard him say it was irrelevant, he was stunned and told Perper to hold on. He then asked Dr. Baden, Is it totally irrelevant, if a drug overdose is in play, is it totally irrelevant to test her hair, in the way they tested, uh, poor Caylee Anthony's, the baby's hair? And Dr. Baden says, Uh, yea where they found chloroform in the baby's hair.
He then went on and answered the questions about Anna. I had taped this and rewound at least five times to get the exact words he said to get it right.

Ok, here's my question, did we see anywhere yet in discovery that they found chloroform in Caylee's hair? I don't think that has been released anywhere I've read. So, Me's thinking, Old, Dr. B, may have just opened foot and inserted directly yo mouth. What do you think? I even rewound it like 5 times, just to make sure I got it in context. It certainly sounds to me like he knew, as fact, there was chloroform in Caylee's hair. If that is true, that means, Caylee had ingested Chloroform at some time. I don't think just being in the trunk with it would show up in her hair follicles.

Can anyone tell me what can all me told from the hair testing, IF it was in fact in her hair test? Will it show if it was more than one time or how much? Or will it just show as in her system?

I thought this was big enough to make a thread and also quite a "bombshell" IMO, if this is true and hasn't been out yet.

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot as this came out a long time ago and I didn't hear it.

Video added: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fZsd--Y2Hk

Well, was Dr. Michael Baden privvy to any test results? Granted, pillow talk with his wife (gross... I just urped a little) could come into play.

They were just talking hypothetically, also, so his mind might have continued on that line of thought as well.

Admittedly, could be a bombshell if there's any veracity to it. Good catch!

OMG that is a true bombshell in my book if that is true--I think you're on to something!! I will go back and look but I don't remember this being in any discovery documents I've read. No toxicology results were included and I guess that would be toxicology if anything would. Oh my--do you think Baez will be mad at his bestie when he finds out what he has inleashed to the media lol! I'm not familiar with the credibility of Geraldo, but if that slipped in general debate on another subject then it sounds like a slip up to me. I am so glad you heard this and I will go review docs now!!! :footinmouth:

Good catch, and thread-worthy in my opinion. As I recall, I know of no toxicology results released thus far.

These results are something many posters, myself included, are dying to see. I hope this truly is a "slip" and not a mistake. I'd think so, since LKB's gig is heavy on the Dr. Perper crowd-- she's married to one (Micheal Baden).

Maybe this possible discovery hasn't been doc-dumped, so defense can do their own testing.

I'm 99.9% sure there has been NO discovery released where chloroform was indicated in Caylee's hair. If it were, it would be a true bombshell, and would link KC to the crime. You're definitely on to something, unless Dr. Baden's comment was hypothetical.

I've been hoping that traces of chloroform would be found in the hair, but I also hear that it evaporates quickly. I don't know if hair strands would absorb and preserve it.

On that note, we know no fingerprints from CA, GA or LA were found on the duct tape. But am I correct in understanding that KC's fingerprints MAY be on the tape, and they're holding back that info?

and maybe this is why JB wants RM's computer records.....the whole "win her over with chloroform" thing.

I'm 99.9% sure there has been NO discovery released where chloroform was indicated in Caylee's hair. If it were, it would be a true bombshell, and would link KC to the crime. You're definitely on to something, unless Dr. Baden's comment was hypothetical.

I've been hoping that traces of chloroform would be found in the hair, but I also hear that it evaporates quickly. I don't know if hair strands would absorb and preserve it.

On that note, we know no fingerprints from CA, GA or LA were found on the duct tape. But am I correct in understanding that KC's fingerprints MAY be on the tape, and they're holding back that info?

I was just going to post exactly this! I would suggest that someone led SA know about this show. I'm sure they would be VERY interested in these remarks!
:doh:

and maybe this is why JB wants RM's computer records.....the whole "win her over with chloroform" thing.
You beat me to it! GMTA :)
I bet it's true and the defense knows it.

I really hope someone else watched Geraldo last night and saw this too. It's driving me crazy. I think we may have a "true" bombshell. Or else I am crazy and everyone else has heard about this and I missed it. But I know if it has come out before or is not new, here is the place to post and find out.

Did anyone watch Geraldo last night, where he did the special on Anna Nicole Smith? He had on Dr. Baden and Dr. Perper to discuss the autopsy and the toxicology examination of Anna Nicole. Geraldo had asked Dr. Perper if he had done hair screening of Anna Nicole to get her drug history, as it stays in the hair and you can get a lot of information from the hair. Dr. Perper said no, because it's totally irrelevant.
When Geraldo heard him say it was irrelevant, he was stunned and told Perper to hold on. He then asked Dr. Baden, Is it totally irrelevant, if a drug overdose is in play, is it totally irrelevant to test her hair, in the way they tested, uh, poor Caylee Anthony's, the baby's hair? And Dr. Baden says, Uh, yea where they found chloroform in the baby's hair.
He then went on and answered the questions about Anna. I had taped this and rewound at least five times to get the exact words he said to get it right.

Ok, here's my question, did we see anywhere yet in discovery that they found chloroform in Caylee's hair? I don't think that has been released anywhere I've read. So, Me's thinking, Old, Dr. B, may have just opened foot and inserted directly yo mouth. What do you think? I even rewound it like 5 times, just to make sure I got it in context. It certainly sounds to me like he knew, as fact, there was chloroform in Caylee's hair. If that is true, that means, Caylee had ingested Chloroform at some time. I don't think just being in the trunk with it would show up in her hair follicles.

Can anyone tell me what can all me told from the hair testing, IF it was in fact in her hair test? Will it show if it was more than one time or how much? Or will it just show as in her system?

I thought this was big enough to make a thread and also quite a "bombshell" IMO, if this is true and hasn't been out yet.

Feel free to tell me I'm an idiot as this came out a long time ago and I didn't hear it.

Did Dr. Baden mentioned his opinion if test results were irrelevant like Dr. Perper said?

We need to get the transcript or video of the show. Anyone know if it will be posted on FOX?

That is exactly what I was thinking when I first read this. It seems very likely to me. The defense is try to tie someone else to the chloroform part of the terrible story.

WOW, I think he slipped up. He even gives a slight knod of his head as if stating a fact. Then he seems to stumble a bit, like he just realized he screwed up.
Pretty ironic that he would do this on Geraldo considering how pro defense GR is. NOT a good thing for the defense IMHO.

I know, I couldn't believe my ears last night ~ I thought I had misheard! I even thought that he realized what he had said a couple of statements later; you will notice that he kinda stutter-steps in his delivery. . . but he never retracted or made a correction.

Patty, you're always there when we need you!

I don't remember any toxicology results on the hair either. I only remember mitochondrial DNA testing, and air samples with chloroform.

Hmmm....I'm wondering why Geraldo even led him into that statement, though by bringing up Caylee? G says, "...they way you tested poor little Caylee's, the baby's hair..." Dr B: - almost correcting him, "yeah...found chloroform in the baby's hair."....it was like he was correcting him - No, Geraldo - we didn't just test the baby's hair, we found chloroform.

Also, just to clarify, I'm thinking this "found chloroform" was not on the one hair found on the trunk it was on the hairs that were remaining with Caylee! Wow! what more evidence would they need if they have this? :doh:

WOW - just after SA and LE ordered NO MORE LEAKS! I think we can guess where this one came from . . .:shocked2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth