Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Blonde
Date of Birth: 7/23/1968
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Mrs. Light was last seen when her mother-in-law
dropped her off in the parking lot of her apartment at about 2:00 am.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M5/28/20024:03:45PM'

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/light_lorraine.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8649/0

Lorraine Migl Light, 21

Missing since November 23, 1989 from Spring, Harris County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 23, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 105 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Hazel eyes; blonde hair.
Marks, Scars: Discoloration on left leg.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available at UNT.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Light was last seen when her mother-in-law dropped her off in the parking lot of her apartment at about 02:00 am.

Earlier that evening, she had gone to get groceries to make Thanksgiving dinner for her 3-year-old daughter. After that Lorraine went out with friends.

When her sister came home at around 03.00, to the apartment she'd shared with Lorraine, she wasn't there. In the kitchen, the sister saw grocery bags on the floor and a turkey defrosting in the sink.
The answer machine was blinking, and when the sister played the message, she was confused. The caller said it was Lorraine, but it didn't sound like her, saying she had met someone and was going to Mexico for a few days. Her sister knew Lorraine would not have left, especially on Thanksgiving.

When Lorraine didn't show up by Thanksgiving evening, her sister got concerned. She called police, and Harris County Precinct 4 Constables responded and took the report.

At some point, the case was transferred to the Harris County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Division, and the records have been lost.
Foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
800-346-3243
--
Harris County Sheriff's Office
Homicide Division
713-967-5810

Agency Case Number: TXDPS M9001002

NCIC Number: M-401355505
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Lorraine Migl Light, 21

Missing since November 23, 1989 from Spring, Harris County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 23, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 105 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Hazel eyes; blonde hair.
Marks, Scars: Discoloration on left leg.
Dentals: Available
DNA: Available at UNT.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Light was last seen when her mother-in-law dropped her off in the parking lot of her apartment at about 02:00 am.

Earlier that evening, she had gone to get groceries to make Thanksgiving dinner for her 3-year-old daughter. After that Lorraine went out with friends.

When her sister came home at around 03.00, to the apartment she'd shared with Lorraine, she wasn't there. In the kitchen, the sister saw grocery bags on the floor and a turkey defrosting in the sink.
The answer machine was blinking, and when the sister played the message, she was confused. The caller said it was Lorraine, but it didn't sound like her, saying she had met someone and was going to Mexico for a few days. Her sister knew Lorraine would not have left, especially on Thanksgiving.

When Lorraine didn't show up by Thanksgiving evening, her sister got concerned. She called police, and Harris County Precinct 4 Constables responded and took the report.

At some point, the case was transferred to the Harris County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Division, and the records have been lost.
Foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse
800-346-3243
--
Harris County Sheriff's Office
Homicide Division
713-967-5810

Agency Case Number: TXDPS M9001002

NCIC Number: M-401355505
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Thank you for posting this. This happened in the same group of apartment complexes I live in at the same time. I have always wished for resolution for Lorraine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Details of Disappearance:

Light was last seen at approximately 2:00 a.m. on November 23, 1989 in Spring, Texas. That day, she'd bought groceries for the upcoming Thanksgiving Day dinner, then went out with friends.

She shared an apartment with her sister, Cynthia Migl. When Migl returned home at 3:00 a.m., grocery bags were on the floor and a turkey was defrosting in the sink, but there was no sign of Light.

There was a message on the answering machine. The caller claimed to be Light and said she'd met someone and was going to Mexico for a few days. Migl doesn't believe the caller was actually Light: the voice didn't sound like her, and the caller called Migl "Cindy," a nickname she never used.

Migl stated she didn't believe Light would have suddenly left, especially at Thanksgiving. She reported her sister missing after Light missed the family's Thanksgiving dinner.

Six years after Light's disappearance, her boyfriend's father allegedly made some admissions about her disappearance in a nightclub and said no one would ever find her. Two witnesses reported what they'd heard to Migl, who told the police about it, but apparently no action was taken and Migl's police report about the incident has since been lost, along with most of the rest of Light's missing persons file.

Foul play is suspected in Light's case, but no arrests have been made. She left behind a three-year-old daughter."

http://charleyproject.org/case/lorraine-migl-light

Turkey in the sink, groceries on the floor. Looks like someone knocked on the door and she left everything on stand by. When she answered, she was probably forced outside and to later provide the phone number for the message. The whole Cindy wrong name thing probably was done by Lorraine as a clue that something was wrong

I've never made a suggestion before, so help me out. I don't see any recommendations on Lorraine. I found this case on NamUs, tell me what you think?
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/3896

Height and weight don't seem too different between the two cases plus the locations aren't that far apart. I did find though on the doe network a lot more information on the unidentified decedent # 3896 that make it unlikely that it's Lorraine. The UID had upper dentures and a lot of old injuries that Lorraine doesn't show as having. From doe,
She had numerous old, healed injuries which were unrelated to her death. Her right first and second ribs showed healed fractures at the spine; the victim had a compression injury to her upper spine in three places; her lower spine showed signs of an old, poorly-healed compression injury. These injuries and her poor dental condition may have been the result of a singular injury event which occurred some time prior to her homicide. As a result of her injuries, the victim may have had obvious problems with her head or spinal movements.

still missing...

Lorraine was 39, 5-foot-3, 105 pounds, with blonde hair, green eyes when she was last seen on Nov. 23 in the 100 block of Hollow Tree Lane. Lorraine was dropped off in the parking lot of her apartment complex, but was not seen entering her apartment.

View attachment 133069

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...ssing-persons-day-12844234.php#photo-15412952

BBM. Not sure where they got that age, but she was 21 when she disappeared. They also say in the caption under her photograph that she went missing in 2008, but she went missing in 1989.

Height and weight don't seem too different between the two cases plus the locations aren't that far apart. I did find though on the doe network a lot more information on the unidentified decedent # 3896 that make it unlikely that it's Lorraine. The UID had upper dentures and a lot of old injuries that Lorraine doesn't show as having.
I missed that. Thank you for you input. These cases are hard, there is sometimes so little to go on to find a match.

Height on UID was estimated as was pretty much everything else. Lorraine was 5'3" and UID was estimated to be 5'0" no hair or eye color because of decomposition. I dont know the Robert E Lee Class of 75 connection though. I have reached out to the alumni for help on the ring.

Height on UID was estimated as was pretty much everything else. Lorraine was 5'3" and UID was estimated to be 5'0" no hair or eye color because of decomposition. I dont know the Robert E Lee Class of 75 connection though. I have reached out to the alumni for help on the ring.

Great job reaching out to alumni—-any responses?

Ruled out by dentals
Lorraine Migl LIGHT
RULED OUT BY DENTALS

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 5/28/2002
M9001002.jpg

Name: Lorraine Migl Light
Case Number: M9001002
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Spring (Harris County)
Last Seen on: 11/23/1989
Height: 5' 3 "
Weight: 105 lbs.
Age Missing: 21
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Blonde
Date of Birth: 7/23/1968
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Mrs. Light was last seen when her mother-in-law
dropped her off in the parking lot of her apartment at about 2:00 am.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M5/28/20024:03:45PM'

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/light_lorraine.html

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Her mother-in-law dropped her off in the parking lot at 2am.
Where was her husband? And her daughter?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back