Age Missing: 19
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 11/6/1970
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Reed has pierced ears and a small, brown mole on her lower left cheek. Ms. Reed was last seen at the International House of Pancakes where she was meeting a new male acquaintance. She was wearing a stonewashed blue denim skirt, a black long-sleeved top, a brown waist-length bomber jacket, a Guess brand watch, two gold rings and gold hoop earrings. Ms. Reed’s vehicle was later found abandoned on a freeway exit/entrance ramp in route to her home.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...2:54:30PM'

Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse Online Bulletin

Missing Person Details

Date Picture Updated: 10/5/2001
m9001008.jpg

Name: Ashley Fuller Reed
AKA: Ash
Case Number: M9001008
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Garland (Dallas County)
Last Seen on: 1/15/1990
Height: 5' 2 "
Weight: 115 lbs.
Age Missing: 19
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 11/6/1970
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Ms. Reed has pierced ears and a small, brown mole on her lower left cheek. Ms. Reed was last seen at the International House of Pancakes where she was meeting a new male acquaintance. She was wearing a stonewashed blue denim skirt, a black long-sleeved top, a brown waist-length bomber jacket, a Guess brand watch, two gold rings and gold hoop earrings. Ms. Reed’s vehicle was later found abandoned on a freeway exit/entrance ramp in route to her home.
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...2:54:30PM'

I profiled this case at my website. I'm surprised that Ashley Reed didn't match #UP14762. In researching this case in the newspaper coverage from the time, websleuths should be aware of three points that aren't in her NamUs profile at time of writing:
  • According to journalism I uncovered in 1990, one of the men that Reed was meeting at the pancake house was named "Robert"
  • According to another article I found in 1992, the other man was named "Dave"
  • This same 1992 article indicated that Reed's car was found with a dead battery; when the battery was recharged it was discovered that her hazard lights were on.

Ashley Fuller Reed – The Charley Project
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Ashley Fuller Reed
  • ashley_fuller_reed_1.jpg
  • ashley_fuller_reed_2.jpg
  • reed_ashley3.jpg
Reed, circa 1990

• Missing Since01/14/1990
  • Missing FromGarland, Texas
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth11/06/1970 (48)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'2, 115 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA stonewashed denim skirt, a long-sleeved black shirt, a waist-length brown bomber jacket, a Guess? watch, gold hoop earrings, and two gold rings.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Reed has a small brown-colored mole on her left cheek. Her ears are pierced. Reed's nickname is Ash.
Details of Disappearance
Reed planned to meet two unidentified males for dinner during the evening of January 14, 1990 near her hometown of Garland, Texas. She was supposed to meet the men, who were known to her family only as Dave and Robert, at the International House of Pancakes (IHOP) restaurant at Interstate 635 and Military Parkway in Dallas, Texas. She mentioned she might travel to Corsicana, Texas with friends and would call home when she arrived.

The two men Reed planned to meet that night have never been identified. A witness reported seeing Reed at the IHOP talking to a man. He's described as Caucasian, about 6'0, and 175 to 200 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He had a clean, neat appearance and wore a beige Western-style jacket with elbow patches, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. Reed has never been heard from again.

Her brown 1984 Chevrolet Citation was found abandoned the following morning on the freeway ramp at Military Parkway and LBJ Freeway; the hazard lights had been left blinking and the battery had died by the time the car was located. The ramp was approximately one-quarter mile from the restaurant she planned to visit the night before. The vehicle's driver's seat was pushed all the way forward, the way Reed normally kept it, and her purse and keys were missing.

Two fishermen reported finding Reed's purse in a water-filled gravel pit near the Trinity River and Bois d'Arc Road. They said they'd looked inside the purse and seen papers with Reed's name on them, and they told the police. When the police went to the pit to retrieve the purse, however, they couldn't find it.

Reed is a former student at Harding High School in Minnesota. She was an honor student, president of the student council, and a cheerleader, and was on the school's newspaper and integration committee. She had planned to enroll in the University of Minnesota at St. Cloud to study pre-law, but changed her plans and moved to Texas with her mother and brother in October 1989. She had taken a job at JoJo's Restaurant in Addison, Texas.

Authorities believe she was taken against her will, and foul play is suspected in her case.

Kenneth Mcduff is a strong possibility for this one in my opinion.

Finally found the police sketch that the police did in 1990. Anyone recognize Robert?

Attachments

• 7C111541-4211-48B5-99D2-C15D50F9BE0C.jpeg
    7C111541-4211-48B5-99D2-C15D50F9BE0C.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 16
Bump for Ashley

8 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1668096178020.jpeg
1668096192077.jpeg

Dallas PD - Cold Case Tuesday - Ashley Reed

2/14/23

The Dallas Police Department continues to investigate the 1990 Missing Person case of 19-year-old Ashley Reed. Ms. Reed was reported missing on January 15, 1990.
Ms. Reed was last seen by a family member on January 14, 1990. Her car was found abandoned on the service road of 635 at Military Parkway on January 15, 1990. Ms. Reed has never been found.
Anyone with information on the disappearance of Ms. Ashley Reed is to contact Sergeant Jerry Girdler by email at coldcase@dallaspolice.gov or by phone at 214-671-3584. Please refer to case number 032732-Y.

I have the impression that she perhaps committed some crime, perhaps a robbery, or seduced someone to get money, sent by these two men, Dave and Robert, and that after they got what they wanted, they killed her, they violently took her out of her car, perhaps they were following her. they crossed her and put her in another car... pretty young and kind girl... I don't think she's still alive... I hope that one day everything will be resolved
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back