One year later..this week in People magazine

I wonder if the article's title "Children of the Cult" is supposed to remind you of the Children of the Corn. LOL. Because it did to me.

I, too, agree.

These women really are doing about the same thing that some people on the outside do, which is multiple women having babies with one man. The people on the outside are just not all living together. As long as children aren't abused and "married," if it works for them, well, it's their lifestyle. (It's not mine, however.)

The big problem I have with this is that the sect may intentionally or unintentionally indoctrinate young women to feel this life is the one and only lifestyle for them.

hi trino,

I liked your post. On the matter of the indoctrination of young girls isnt that also true of American society too? Just because we let the television do it?

hi trino,

I liked your post. On the matter of the indoctrination of young girls isnt that also true of American society too? Just because we let the television do it?

Yes. You're correct. If young girls outside FLDS think it's great to emulate, dress, and act like TV and movie low life, they'll probably grow up to be like them. It's all in the values with which young women are raised.

The young women in FLDS do have love and security, which is certainly a postive. The one difference is most outsiders don't wish to share the same man. It would be great if FLDS women could be exposed to both sides of the world and be certain the choice they're making is the right one for them. Maybe we should even send the sect some young women from outside to get updated on moral values (LOL).

I went to the Oprah site to read some of the comments by viewers. One woman said that she comes home everyday to nothing and to go to a place that is so wholesome where everyone is counseled to love one another sounds good. She said " I want to move there."

I think that people are realizing that just like regular society, you have to look beyond the bad to see what is really good (and working) when you look at the FLDS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back