Photo Help

nanandjim

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This probably has been covered before. :) Can anyone list easy-to-use websites that allow you to post your photos for free? Also, then, can we link to one and use as a signature image??

I used to have a photo on my signature.Now it is not working.When I put the code in from photobucket,it is a square with an x.The same steps that I did when it was working.I tried it with yahoo photos and I get the photo in the preview,but when I check my posts,it shows a link to click on to see the photo.
Any clues??
I can post photos in a post,but not in the signature.

YUP
DO this ...

Go to user CP (upper right of any page)

Click Edit options from the left side list Scroll down
It says THread display Visible Post Elements
Make sure "show images" is checked

Wow Amraann,you are quick on answering!:clap:

I am going to go try it and I will let you know if it worked.

Amraann I just checked this post and it is working.It is huge and has image tags at the bottom.It is not the same as before.

:(

The size isn't dictated by us.

Are you using photobucket? You can shrink the picture there.

What did you do to add the pic? Possibly you can go back to User CP and edit Siggy and take out the extra tags ..

IMO you copied the image link that already had the tags .. thereby creating the extra ones when you added it here.
Use the URL link and When the window pops up to add delete the HTTP that is already there then add yours.

Amraann,
What would we do without you!
Is this too big to have as a signature?

In my photobucket the size says 85x160.Somewhere in photobucket, it is changing the out going photo to a larger size.

Glad its fixed!

Going from memory.. In photobucket you should be able to click edit above the picture then change the size.

Amra, on a related note, how are you able to have an avatar separate from the signature image? On mine the option for an avatar is a radio button that won't uncheck don't use an avatar.

Now I have to think about that!

I think it just means you can see others avatars??
If you don't use one it makes no difference?

It may be the way the software is set up
that everyone sees them??

I am not sure.

I have two questions. This is non-forum related.

I am going to try to make a page or website listing unsolved crimes in my state. The page at this link is how I want it to look - http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/homicides.html (the way they are listed with photos).

How would I go about putting a photo with each unsoved crime. Can I just pick a photo I find online of the person or suspect and post it? Or is that a copyright issue? Thanks for any advice on that.

Second, do I have to host my photo somewhere else online before I put it on my site? Or can I just save the photo to my computer? IF I have to use a photo hosting site, it seems that if I don't buy something after so many monthes they give me notice and then erase all my photos. ARe there any sites that host photos and you don't have to buy anything? Any advice on how to get the photos on my site woudl be awesome!

I honestly don't know. But those are great questions!

I dont know the answer to the first question.
I know that I collect pics online all the time and just save them to my pc. When I want to use them in a post or a mail or whatever, I use a site called Picraters, upload the image and then paste it into whatever I want to paste it into. You dont actually host the images on Picraters....it just uploads them for you from your pc to wherever you want them to go, so maybe you could use something like that.

Hello Laini, glad to hear you're going to create a missing persons website.

If you find a picture of a missing person on a website you could contact the site's web master or owner to ask permission to post pictures? Most site owner's will be more than happy to get the message out & may be useful contacts for you to have too.

If you host your own site you should be able to ftp or otherwise upload the images to your site and then link to them in the code for your pages.

Alternatively you can use free photo sites like flickr or photobucket which do not force users to upgrade to paid accounts.

Hope that's of some help.

I have two questions. This is non-forum related.

I am going to try to make a page or website listing unsolved crimes in my state. The page at this link is how I want it to look - http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/homicides.html (the way they are listed with photos).

How would I go about putting a photo with each unsoved crime. Can I just pick a photo I find online of the person or suspect and post it? Or is that a copyright issue? Thanks for any advice on that.

Second, do I have to host my photo somewhere else online before I put it on my site? Or can I just save the photo to my computer? IF I have to use a photo hosting site, it seems that if I don't buy something after so many monthes they give me notice and then erase all my photos. ARe there any sites that host photos and you don't have to buy anything? Any advice on how to get the photos on my site woudl be awesome!

I believe Angelfire offers you a limited amount of storage for things like graphics, doesn't it? Then you wouldn't have to host it elsewhere, Angelfire would be hosting it. ;) Places like Reuters, AP, and Corbis copyright their images, so you can't use images from there.

Thanks everyone! Those are just the answers I was looking for! You're all awesome. :)

I thought there was instructions here for posting pictures? Elsewhere?

I understand I need to set up a photo acct to do this. Anyone have any suggestions about best/easiest-friendliest? Photo-bucket is one choice I'm aware of any others you can recommend?

After I've completed this monumental task, is there a tutorial here for help posting pix. Size recommendations so margins aren't blown off the page?

Are animated pix different from from regular when posting is concerned?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks to anyone who can help!!:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77