World's deadliest spider found in Tulsa store

Buzz Mills

Reaction score
Website
forumsforjustice.com
World's deadliest spider found in Tulsa store

TULSA, Okla. – One of the most deadly spiders in the world has been found in the produce section of a Tulsa grocery store. An employee of Whole Foods Market found the Brazilian Wandering Spider Sunday in bananas from Honduras and managed to catch it in a container.

The spider was given to University of Tulsa Animal Facilities director Terry Childs who said this type of spider kills more people than any other. Childs said a bite will kill a person in about 25 minutes and while there is an antidote he doesn't know of any in the Tulsa area.

Spiders often are found in imported produce, and a manager at Whole Foods says the store regularly checks its goods and that's how the spider was found.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090320/ap_on_re_us/deadly_spider

Hi Buzz, Dasterdly, eh?

20092115.JPG

xox

Ew, ew, ew, ew. If there is one thing I can not tolerate it is spiders. I try to leave them alone in my home if they are not a harmful species. Often they get too big for their own good (larger than a penny is my general rule,lol) and they end up either end up with a shoe upside their noggin-or if they are lucky (iow, my husband is home) they may be set free outside.

OMG why did I look at this b/f going to bed? Scary!!!!:shakehead:

I hope none of these things ever leave baby spiders loose to start multiplying into Texas.

I hope none of these things ever leave baby spiders loose to start multiplying into Texas.

No doubt txsvicki, here in cen-tex we have small hairy black tarantulas and huge wolf spiders we don't need none of those up there^^^^.

The spider has been "put down," because it was too dangerous to keep or ship. However, Barry Downer, at the Tulsa Zoo, says he believes the spider was misidentified.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090319_11_A9_Whatmi278315

*LOL* They make it sound like it was humanely euthanized, but what do you wanna bet they whacked it with a shoe. Too bad. It deserved to live as much as anything, especially kept where it couldn't hurt anyone.

LOL They "accidently" destroyed it at Tulsa University by freezing it. Said there was nothing left of it to determine if it was the deadliest spider or if it was only a harmless one instead.

LOL They "accidently" destroyed it at Tulsa University by freezing it. Said there was nothing left of it to determine if it was the deadliest spider or if it was only a harmless one instead.

Hmmm. This all sounds suspicious to me. I think I will do a google map of the area and see if there are any convicted SOs (spider offenders) working in the produce section. Somebody contact Nancy Grace quick! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back