MI - Jonathan Staat for sexual assault of 4yo girl, Holland, 2008

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/Teen_sexually_assaults_girl_and_gets_no_jail

20 March 09

The father of a 4-year-old sexual assault victim is furious after his daughter's attacker wasn't sentenced to any jail time.

Jonathan Staat, 16, was sentenced Wednesday for his second criminal sexual conduct offense against a person under the age of 13. Charged as an adult, he was sentenced to five years probation, one year on a tether with a 4 p.m. curfew, and ordered to not be alone with anyone under the age of 16 without adult supervision.

"I was in utter disbelief. I was extremely angry at the judge's decision to basically give this man nothing but a stronger slap on the wrist," the victim's father told 24 Hour News 8.

24 Hour News 8 is not releasing the name of the victim or her father to protect the family's privacy.

The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it.

The incident with the young girl happened last August, court records show. Three years prior to that, in July 2005, Staat pleaded guilty to another criminal sexual conduct charge involving a young victim.

more at link

20 March 09

The father of a 4-year-old sexual assault victim is furious after his daughter's attacker wasn't sentenced to any jail time.

Jonathan Staat, 16, was sentenced Wednesday for his second criminal sexual conduct offense against a person under the age of 13. Charged as an adult, he was sentenced to five years probation, one year on a tether with a 4 p.m. curfew, and ordered to not be alone with anyone under the age of 16 without adult supervision.

"I was in utter disbelief. I was extremely angry at the judge's decision to basically give this man nothing but a stronger slap on the wrist," the victim's father told 24 Hour News 8.

24 Hour News 8 is not releasing the name of the victim or her father to protect the family's privacy.

The suspect's father, Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it.

The incident with the young girl happened last August, court records show. Three years prior to that, in July 2005, Staat pleaded guilty to another criminal sexual conduct charge involving a young victim.

more at link

WTF! :eek: This is unacceptable!!! I am outraged!!

Remember that name, Jon Staat. :mad:

You'll see that name again. Only next time, the victim may not be alive to tell.

Personally, I think some people ought to create a fund to purchase a house next door to this judge. Maybe he'd like him living next door to him and his family.

:furious:

Ridiculous!
fran

OMG, that is outrageous!! That little creep should be under the jail. Lucky it wasn't my kid or he wouldn't have made it out of the courtroom without a beat down!!

I agree. After two slaps on the wrist he's going to think he can get away with it again...and again.

20 March 09

more at link

The most bothersome part of this sad story is that Staat pled guilty to similar behavior three years ago. That should be enough information, IMHO, to give us fair warning that is behavior is deeply ingrained (how many times has he not been caught, I wonder?) and earn him a stiffer penalty. A 13 year old boy who does this for the first time - yeah, I can see hoping that therapy and probation can help him turnaround. But I feel like a 16 year old boy doing this for the second time is dangerous enough to be taken out of the stream of society.

I am in absolute agreement with the victim's father. Not to mention that this kid appears to be a repeat offender, and hence, well on the road to a life of sex offending. What makes this esp appalling is the statement made by the offender's father.
Quoted from the article:

Imo, and in this case, it appears the apple did not fall far from the tree. Just sayin...

That's it? I mean really-if this were a newspaper I would be turning the pages and shaking it looking for the rest of the story.

Interesting that the judge did not feel oral sex was the equivalent of rape.

20 March 09

more at link

I find this kid's father a disgusting too. :sick:

"The suspect's father,:slap: Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it."

He acts like it was no big deal. That the 4 year old child agreed to do it, even though she is a very young child who had no clue what she was doing or why.

I tell ya it seems some of these juvenile violent offenders get the sweetest deals. It is almost like an incentive to do horrible crimes because the sentence is either non existent or much lessor time compared to the crimes they have committed.

imo

So if he had assaulted a grown woman, would he have gotten jail time? Why is it that whenever the abuse involves a child, the punishment is lighter? Because the chidlren can't speak up for themselves? It is not right.

I find this kid's father a disgusting too. :sick:

"The suspect's father,:slap: Michael Staat, said he thought his son's punishment was sufficient. He says Staat asked the girl to perform oral sex on him and she did it."

He acts like it was no big deal. That the 4 year old child agreed to do it, even though she is a very young child who had no clue what she was doing or why.

I tell ya it seems some of these juvenile violent offenders get the sweetest deals. It is almost like an incentive to do horrible crimes because the sentence is either non existent or much lessor time compared to the crimes they have committed.

imo

I hear you. And then I have to wonder - if this boy is sent to juvie, is the behavior going to stop (probably not) or will he just find victims there. As we know, there is precious little we can do to stop these kinds of offenders.

This is revolting. Judge doesn't want to ruin his life by giving him jail time.

http://southernsassoncrime.com/?p=1909
When you go towards the bottom of the page linked above, you will find a link for "Jon Staat's" alleged MySpace.

His mood is listed as indifferent. The smiley-face/ emoticon shows a Frankenstein Monster head.

It's as if he's giving fair warning that he see's himself as an indifferent monster. Very scary indeed.

The most bothersome part of this sad story is that Staat pled guilty to similar behavior three years ago. That should be enough information, IMHO, to give us fair warning that is behavior is deeply ingrained (how many times has he not been caught, I wonder?) and earn him a stiffer penalty. A 13 year old boy who does this for the first time - yeah, I can see hoping that therapy and probation can help him turnaround. But I feel like a 16 year old boy doing this for the second time is dangerous enough to be taken out of the stream of society.

Remember...it's the second time he was CAUGHT......I would bet my last dollar there are plenty of other victims in between that never told anyone.

That judge is either a pedophile or an idiot! IMO

I am in absolute agreement with the victim's father. Not to mention that this kid appears to be a repeat offender, and hence, well on the road to a life of sex offending. What makes this esp appalling is the statement made by the offender's father.
Quoted from the article:

Imo, and in this case, it appears the apple did not fall far from the tree. Just sayin...

ITA! :furious: I cannot believe that the sex offender's father is even attempting to explain away what happened by saying a 4 year old consented! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Does this sick even have to register as a SO? I'll bet this isn't the last time we hear of this scum. How many times does he have to get caught for there to be some serious consequences? He messes up this little girls life forever and the judge is doesn't want to ruin the perverts life? Is it me or is this seriously messed up?

The judge could have at the very least ordered the boy into a juvenile or daytime mental health facility to get intense sexual offender treatment while attending school. Surely the boy has gotten treatment but it's not mentioned and probably wasn't intensive treatment when he was thirteen. Since the boy is a teen and probably has other behavior problems, he'll probably mess up on his probation and end up in jail anyway before turning 21.

This Ahole of a judge should be personally responsible for every victim this kid has from this point forward.

I am guessing if it was his 4 year old grandchild he wouldn't be so concerned about the 16 year olds life being ruined. Here is a clue, it is already ruined.

I guess we just sit back and see how many he takes down with him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back