FL FL - Young women missing in Florida in the 80's

monkalup

Former member
Reaction score
Wow. There are so many.
My heart breaks for the girls and their families and others who love them.
We need answers, answers, answers.

Yeah, and this is just those who remain missing. CA list is probably much worse, as is Texas.

I couldnt find another thread for Martha Jean Lambert but the case has been closed.

Detectives began taking another look at her unresolved cases last year and recently re-interviewed family members and neighbors last summer, including Lambert's brother, who was 15 at the time.
David Lambert told investigators he was playing with his sister on the property of an abandoned college when they got into an argument. Detectives said the brother admitted he pushed the girl, and a piece of steel went into the back of her neck when she fell. He said he panicked and buried his sister in a 3-foot-deep grave not far from the family home.

http://www.kmbc.com/irresistible/22106859/detail.html

Wow, the brother. How said for this family.
I couldnt find another thread for Martha Jean Lambert but the case has been closed.

Detectives began taking another look at her unresolved cases last year and recently re-interviewed family members and neighbors last summer, including Lambert's brother, who was 15 at the time.
David Lambert told investigators he was playing with his sister on the property of an abandoned college when they got into an argument. Detectives said the brother admitted he pushed the girl, and a piece of steel went into the back of her neck when she fell. He said he panicked and buried his sister in a 3-foot-deep grave not far from the family home.

http://www.kmbc.com/irresistible/22106859/detail.html
The case of Martha Lambert is still not solved without a body. She should still be considered in this thread. I’m trying to get her case reopened.

2 young women who went missing from Orlando, FL:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/y/young_sherry.html

A young woman named Sherry Young went missing from a bar in 1984. She was 13, but the pictures of her on CP look like she was much younger.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vaughn_emma.html

Another girl named Emma Lorene Vaughn (14) went missing from Orlando in 1982. She had a son and they think she may have went to Tennessee.
Sherry Young looks much younger than thirteen in her photos. She looks like a kindergartener. I wonder if she was actually seen inside the bar. The Charley Project states she was in its vicinity .

Also consider Tampa Girl!

Her skull was rediscovered at forensic evidence, and her original case file is lost, but according to NamUs, her original discovery date is set to January 1st*, 1991, so she would be a young girl disappearing sometime in the 80s.
*classic default date, tho

Martha Lambert, Debora Lowe, and Gail Joiner has been ruled out per NamUs.

Tampa Girl's WS thread:
FL - FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91

Also consider Tampa Girl!

Her skull was rediscovered at forensic evidence, and her original case file is lost, but according to NamUs, her original discovery date is set to January 1st*, 1991, so she would be a young girl disappearing sometime in the 80s.
*classic default date, tho

Martha Lambert, Debora Lowe, and Gail Joiner has been ruled out per NamUs.

Tampa Girl's WS thread:
FL - FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91
Yes!! I sent a request to Othram to do this case because I once sent her in as a possible match to Martha Lambert but it wasn’t. I want this girl identified!

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Erin Kimmerle started the ‘Left for Dead’ project in 2015, to try and help solve murders of women whose bodies were found in Central Florida between 1970 and 1990.

Kimmerle said there are as many as 15,000 unsolved homicides in Florida. Her team narrowed down the cases to about 200 missing women in Central Florida, 80 unsolved homicides and 35 unidentified women.

“So we like a challenge,” said Kimmerle.

We picked cases that are the toughest to solve in a certain way. But because of that they fall to the bottom of the queue, right, they tend to get the least amount of attention: some haven’t been looked at in decades.”
(bbm)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back