Bruce Willis Marries

PattyCake

Gypsy By Heart
Reaction score
I think this is just disgusting. He falls into the category of dirty old men as far as I'm concerned.

The only reason he has a chicky this age is because he's rich & famous. Otherwise look at him?! Him and Billy Joel should be ashamed of themselves. I could add more names. What could you possibly have in common?

Just dirty old men who don't want to face that they're actually getting old.

I'm not celebrating... and neither should his children. What if Rumor Marries a 50 year old soon? He'd throw a fit!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/23/bruce.willis.remarries/index.html

She's 30 so really I don't think it's so bad, she's old enough to know what she wants. Big difference between a woman who's 30 or one who's 20.
When I was 21 I became engaged to a man 20 years older than me, I ended up breaking it off because of his immaturity! There was more than a 20 year age difference between my parents.

I wish them the best.

VB

Wow she's really pretty. Congrats to both.

my grandfather was a soldier in the world war 2 he was 36 when he married my grandmother at the age of 16 they were married for 40 years until he passed then 10 years later she passed ..they were VERY happy couldnt be without eachother ..

Is Demi a dirty old woman?

I think 15 years difference is big enough, but he / Ashton doesn't have a financial motive. I'd question my decisions as a parent if the man I'm with is hanging on my daughters wall though. That's weird.

Bruce is almost 25 year difference and at that, there is a generational difference. I don't think this marriage will last, he loves playing the field and I can't wait for the day Rumor or the other girls marries someone with a 25 yr age gap. Her dad will go nuts. But kudos to the model, she'll be able to secure her future permanently. I think these guys are dirty old men yes!

Congrats to Bruce and his bride. I love that his exwife and her husband were there. I have always respected the way Demi and Bruce have co-parented following their divorce.

As for the age difference or his bride's motivation - who knows, you know? I have known plenty of women who are routinely attracted to much older men for all sorts of reasons and not only the money reason (though financial security can be attractive and is something that older men often offer).

People get married for all sorts of reasons. I wish the two of them much peace and happiness.

I find the opinions here rather interesting because I know for certain the high majority of people would not agree nor approve of a union like that if it was their own daughter.... I've seen posts countless of times to that effect. He's old enough to be her father.

I just dont think this is something he just up and decided to do...look how long he has been divorced? as for him playing the field thats exactly what he should have done until he found the one.....which it looks like he has
If my daughter was 30 and wanted to marry an older man...thats fine with me if he made her happy and too care of her....age is just a number
I think its great he has finally found someone!
Heck if I was 30 Id marry him lol

I think 15 years difference is big enough, but he / Ashton doesn't have a financial motive. I'd question my decisions as a parent if the man I'm with is hanging on my daughters wall though. That's weird.

Bruce is almost 25 year difference and at that, there is a generational difference. I don't think this marriage will last, he loves playing the field and I can't wait for the day Rumor or the other girls marries someone with a 25 yr age gap. Her dad will go nuts. But kudos to the model, she'll be able to secure her future permanently. I think these guys are dirty old men yes!

Patty - I understand your concern over the age difference, but don't you think this is a bit of a double standard? Why is it okay for her to marry for money but not okay for him to marry for sex/looks? Both positions are shallow, in my opinion.

I'm not saying that is what happened with Bruce here - just pointing out an example. I think the woman is 30 years old, so more power to them both. I wish them a wonderful life together.

Salem

I love bruce - I think when you can you will go for younger and sexier, besides it seems dudes don't lose their desire mojo as women do approaching "the change". I think he's pretty sexy and at least she's not in her 20s. I think both he and Demi are very open minded when it comes to age and will not be hypocritical with their kids.

I hope she is as nice as she is pretty.

When she dumps him, he can look me up!

I might bump into Bruce Willis. He will be in Sonoma California for a few days in the beginning of April for the Sonoma International Film Festival,which the festivities is literally almost in my back yard.Bruce will be receiving the "Lifetime Achievement Award".It's a fun time,all types of actors/actresses,producers,etc.walking around.
It should be fun.

Okay back on topic..
I'm glad he found happiness with his new wife.

I don't see how we can assume that she married him for financial security. Does someone here have access to her financial statements?

Come on, Pattycake! Haven't you ever heard that "age is just a number?" I mean, she is a 30 year old woman - she isn't some super "young thang".

I say big-flippin'-deal. More power to them. As far as you saying he would throw a fit if his daughter married someone that much older, I don't know about that. The Willis/Moore/Kutcher thing proves that they are all pretty solid and mature when it comes to these sorts of things. We have seen them all out together as a family for years now - you never hear of ridiculous fights and jealousies. They seem to have risen above it all. I'd be willing to bet that as long as Rumer loves who she is with and is treated well, Bruce will be totally okay with it.

I find the opinions here rather interesting because I know for certain the high majority of people would not agree nor approve of a union like that if it was their own daughter.... I've seen posts countless of times to that effect. He's old enough to be her father.

What we may want or how we may feel if this were our own daughter is irrevelent here... this is about Bruce and his new wife. But to answer your question, I may not like a great age difference, but if my daughter were happy I'd find a way to live with it.

We don't know what Bruce and Emma feel for one another, what kind of agreement they have or know what motives they have. It's really none of our business and to judge so harshly without knowing all the facts... For all we know they may be the love of each other's lives... As someone else mentioned, Emma is 30 years old and I would hope that she's lived enough of life to know what she wants from hers.

I think it's none of my business and not my place to decide who marries who and for what reasn.

I wish them nothing but the best!

She is 30 years old not 18. This is her first marriage. Seems to me that she is pretty smart. Alot of 30 year olds are working on their second marriages by now. You cant even begin to compare someone who is 30 to someone who is 18. She does have a good bit of life experience where an 18 year old would not.

From the interviews and movies that I have seen of Bruce what he lacks in appearance he more than makes up for in personality! And he has been divorced from Demi for quite a few years and didnt just jump into something. I think they have seriously thought about what they are doing.

Emma Heming is one of the world's top fashion models so I am sure that she herself is quite finacially secure. I thing it's great that Bruce and Demi get along so well - it is very important for the children. Age is just a number - all the power to them.

I'm struck by how much she looks like Demi.

I'm glad they all seem to get along well.

I think it's nuts when old geezers marry a lot younger women and then they have several little kids when they're old enough to be grandpas. They have the money to hire child care and not be too bothered with kids constantly though. I wouldn't have wanted a man old enough to be my dad at age 30 mainly because I would want to stay married for years and not be widowed by age 45 and be left with teenagers to raise alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back