GUILTY CA - Michael Lamb for evading child support, Auburn, 2009

MagicRose99

Watch out for my thorns!
Reaction score
Slime like this need to pay... He moved from State to State, job to job, used false SSNs all to avoid supporting HIS child... SLIME!

~~~~~~~~~~~
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A former Auburn man was sentenced Tuesday to 18 months in federal prison and must pay more than $80,000 in restitution for failing to pay court-ordered child support for his young son, authorities said Tuesday.

Michael Eugene Lamb, 49, of Great Falls, Mont., moved several times to different states to avoid making payments as he violated the Deadbeat Parents Punishment Act, prosecutors said.

"With Michael Lamb's crisscrossing states to avoid supporting his minor son, this case amply demonstrates the limited but important role federal law can play in holding parents accountable to support their children," Acting U.S. Attorney Brown said in a prepared statement.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19003642/detail.html

while I agree he needs to be punished...how is he going to repay that debt while he is serving time?
I think the states needs some type of work program that guys like these can work to repay it back ... he would of course wear a monitor or else they work during the day under close watch and then be locked up at night....
A work prison of somesort that is geared to helping the community while he earns a wage that all but 10% goes to the child support...once the child support is paid off in full then he is free to go after he has secured employment for future payments.
and they also need to explain to their kids face to face why daddy doesnt want to help take care of them!

I wonder if he went to prison mainly for using fake SSN's and tax evasion rather than child support.

I wonder if he went to prison mainly for using fake SSN's and tax evasion rather than child support.

The article mentioned he also threatened a government employee.

I wonder if sometime in the future a child may bring a lawsuit against their mother for picking a sob to be their father? There are so many men out there who are not father material yet many women have no problem picking them.

VB

The article mentioned he also threatened a government employee.

I wonder if sometime in the future a child may bring a lawsuit against their mother for picking a sob to be their father? There are so many men out there who are not father material yet many women have no problem picking them.

VB

It's not just men, some women like my husband's ex are awful parents. My hubby is owed 35,000 in back child support for 3 children that the mother has not seen in 10 years. She moves from place to place, from job to job, and contributes nothing to their support. If you have a child you should help support them. PERIOD!!

It's not just men, some women like my husband's ex are awful parents. My hubby is owed 35,000 in back child support for 3 children that the mother has not seen in 10 years. She moves from place to place, from job to job, and contributes nothing to their support. If you have a child you should help support them. PERIOD!!

Yes I agree, sadly there are many women also who should never become a parent. In the far off future I wonder if it will be possible to do some type of test to tell ahead of time if a person is capable of being a real parent to a child? It's always the children who have to pay the price of a deadbeat parent.

VB

Geez, I hope not! My ex owes close to $60,000. So what, are you saying I should be sued for a decision made more than a decade ago? You know, they don't always end up as great as they seem to be in the beginning.

I hope you don't discover that your Vegas groom is a lemon years from now.

The parent that owes the child support must pay it. So if the child turns 18 before all child support is paid, the parent must still pay. For parents that complain that the support money they pay is not used for the children, think how they will feel when they still have to pay and the child does not live at home anymore. I call that sweet justice.

The child may not be able to sue the supporting parent that made a bad choice, but, iirc, there have been cases where the child has sued the absent/nonsupporting parent. I can't remember if they won or not or what happened?

Salem

You sound like a bitter bag. Do u know that the child's mother was married& lied upon finding out she was pregnant? That she never told Me Lamb he even could have been the father until, her husband past away & DNA was determined it was not his. So broke & with out a father she then went after Mr Lamb. Said child was 5 . The only slime was a deceitful married female looking for attention. Mr Lamb had been denied a child he never knew about . Sounds like not only are you bitter but unfortunately not well educated ether

The parent that owes the child support must pay it. So if the child turns 18 before all child support is paid, the parent must still pay. For parents that complain that the support money they pay is not used for the children, think how they will feel when they still have to pay and the child does not live at home anymore. I call that sweet justice.

The child may not be able to sue the supporting parent that made a bad choice, but, iirc, there have been cases where the child has sued the absent/nonsupporting parent. I can't remember if they won or not or what happened?

Salem

Fact when working for a military construction company your paycheck comes from the contractor!!!! Hummmmm again uneducated word vomit flowing from bitter people. 7 companies 3 states paid Mr Lamb for work in one state ! Imagine when doing taxes & nnever even leaving the city let alone the state . He was raising his children that he was not denied.

Or the child can ask the mother what the hell is wrong with her. Adultery! Depriving the father the knowledge of even having a son first years! Lying to the man she felt was better financially suited at the time. Or dragging her son's childhood thru the courts to gain sympathy? No mom of the year award for her. Wow PS the federal employee that was so called threatened was an argument with a mail clerk that was having her husband & father of their children ripped away from them to go to prison. We all say things we don't mean when we are in love & people chose to mess with their life can u image the fear the kids felt having their Daddy taken away from them. The ones he was working his *advertiser censored* off supporting loving the ones he was aware were his. As well as supporting 2 from his wife prior to marring her . But no one tells that to the damn press cuz it won't sell the papers

Slime like this need to pay... He moved from State to State, job to job, used false SSNs all to avoid supporting HIS child... SLIME!

~~~~~~~~~~~
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A former Auburn man was sentenced Tuesday to 18 months in federal prison and must pay more than $80,000 in restitution for failing to pay court-ordered child support for his young son, authorities said Tuesday.

Michael Eugene Lamb, 49, of Great Falls, Mont., moved several times to different states to avoid making payments as he violated the Deadbeat Parents Punishment Act, prosecutors said.

"With Michael Lamb's crisscrossing states to avoid supporting his minor son, this case amply demonstrates the limited but important role federal law can play in holding parents accountable to support their children," Acting U.S. Attorney Brown said in a prepared statement.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19003642/detail.html
To this day Mr Lamb has never been shown DNA results. Never had the chance to meet see know the child. Never . DNA was never released to Mr Lamb s attorneys. It was sealed due to a law filing 2suits in same court. Then picking the one that best suited your case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back