D. Casey Hires High Profile Criminal Defense Attorney

bunnyphoenix1

Former Member
Reaction score
It appears BC is no longer repping DC and DC has hired himself a high profile criminal defence attorney by the name of Chaney Mason.

Dominic Casey, another private investigator who works for the Anthony family, who was supposed to give a sworn statement at 1 p.m. today will no longer happen. Dominic Casey has retained high powered attorney Chaney Mason.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7435592.story

It makes me think he may be facing some charges, and may be breaking away from the As. Perhaps he might even tell some A family secrets to save himself? It just seems that if they were all still "together", he would have continued with BC repping him, rather than firing him and hiring Mason. I wonder if Mason is also acting pro bono or maybe the As paid the $100 000 plus that DC apparently told Hoover they owed him?

I was thinking that the blanket coverage BC was providing might cause some problems, it does make sense that DC would retain his own lawyer. I also wonder if this hints at a seperation between DC and the Anthony's, oh well, they still have DM.

It appears BC is no longer repping DC and DC has hired himself a high profile criminal defence attorney by the name of Chaney Mason.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7435592.story

It makes me think he may be facing some charges, and may be breaking away from the As. Perhaps he might even tell some A family secrets to save himself? It just seems that if they were all still "together", he would have continued with BC repping him, rather than firing him and hiring Mason. I wonder if Mason is also acting pro bono or maybe the As paid the $100 000 plus that DC apparently told Hoover they owed him?

Now I wonder why DC would have need of such a creature as 'a high profile criminal defence attorney'. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm.:waitasec:

I hope John Morgan deposes a certain psychic from VA. I immediately thought of her when I read about Dominic's new lawyer.

I was thinking that the blanket coverage BC was providing might cause some problems, it does make sense that DC would retain his own lawyer. I also wonder if this hints at a seperation between DC and the Anthony's, oh well, they still have DM.

LOL re DM.

I don't think it was right for BC to be repping DC at all. But he went ahead and did it anyhow, and all seemed to accept that. So, I wonder if something has changed? Perhaps it's as simple as BC being a little less greedy and suggesting DC talk to someone else, or perhaps DC figured out for himself he should talk to someone else, but again, I can't see why he'd do that unless he thought he was in some pretty serious trouble and/or wanted to turn on the As to save himself.

I hope John Morgan deposes a certain psychic from VA. I immediately thought of her when I read about Dominic's new lawyer.

So did I...and I think DC has some tough choices to make...keep lying or tell the truth, which he knows will not be good for the As. From what I have seen so far on google, it looks like Cheney is a highly regarded and very experienced criminal defence lawyer, so hopefully DC will get some good advice and tell the truth!

this case is providing alot of clients for attorneys in Orlando or did he swoop in from another zip code

well good for him I hope that he does what is right,for Caylee But I must say when you need a lawyer you better have a good one :)
Doesn't the psychic already know if she is going to deposed......:)

this case is providing alot of clients fof attorneys in Orlando or did he swoop in from another zip code

He is an Orlando lawyer, and according to his website wcheneymason.com he is very experienced and is on the Board of Directors for the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers from 2001 - 2008.

these are all good things he was close to the A's.He knows alot and may be of
value to the SA.He is protecting himself the waters become muddy when to
many people are in the pond.I am surprised that it took him this long he seems to be loyal to the A's.I wonder how these they are getting by of course I am wallpapering my kitchen with my wachovia shares they sure look pretty......

For my opinion, I don't expect DC to be any more forthcoming than he has been. I will not hold my breath for him to show any character other than the character he has already shown.
I do expect DC to do what will benefit DC.
I also agree with BunnyP, it is a shame he will be able to see where the questioning will lead. Though, I'm sure he had an inkling...no psychic needed here.

well good for him I hope that he does what is right,for Caylee But I must say when you need a lawyer you better have a good one :)
Doesn't the psychic already know if she is going to deposed......:)

Indeed. She already knew the cell records did not show her speaking with DC...

This makes me give more thought to the "affair" that's been rumored.

I also think that DC knows some family secrets.

these are all good things he was close to the A's.He knows alot and may be of
value to the SA.He is protecting himself the waters become muddy when to
many people are in the pond.I am surprised that it took him this long he seems to be loyal to the A's.I wonder how these they are getting by of course I am wallpapering my kitchen with my wachovia shares they sure look pretty......

Thankfully I don't know what wachovia shares are, but it doesn't sound good...I'm sorry!

I think he could be very valuable to the SA and could cause the As some big worries. I think he would have a good chance at an immunity deal if he gave full and frank information about the As and their knowledge re Caylee's remains, and whatever else he knows!

Thankfully I don't know what wachovia shares are, but it doesn't sound good...I'm sorry!

I think he could be very valuable to the SA and could cause the As some big worries. I think he would have a good chance at an immunity deal if he gave full and frank information about the As and their knowledge re Caylee's remains, and whatever else he knows!

Oh please oh please oh please

So did I...and I think DC has some tough choices to make...keep lying or tell the truth, which he knows will not be good for the As. From what I have seen so far on google, it looks like Cheney is a highly regarded and very experienced criminal defence lawyer, so hopefully DC will get some good advice and tell the truth!

This is what I get for reading too fast and trying to do 2 things at once. I thought your post said "Cheney is highly retarded" and I had to do a double-take!

:doh:

If DC is talking about the As, it seems like a conflict for BC- DCs best interest and the As best interest aren't necessarily the same. I think its good he got his own lawyer

This is what I get for reading too fast and trying to do 2 things at once. I thought your post said "Cheney is highly retarded" and I had to do a double-take!

:doh:
:eek::floorlaugh::clap:
Thank you. That's the best laugh I've had all day.

Could this be the reason behind hiring a high profile attorney? I think LE wants this kept private for several reasons.

Part of P.I.'s interview in Casey Anthony case to stay private
Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
5:01 PM EDT, March 25, 2009
<snipped>
Some of the details that private investigator Dominic Casey told detectives in the Casey Anthony case won't be released publicly, a judge ruled today.
Casey, who now works for George Anthony and Cindy Anthony, once worked for defense lawyer Jose Baez.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,5951247.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth