Deceased/Not Found CA - Lesley Herring, 46, Los Angeles, 8 Feb 2009 - *L. Herring guilty*

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Police on Tuesday appealed to the public for help in finding a woman who vanished six weeks ago, describing her husband as "less than helpful."

Detective Chris Gable told a press conference that Lesley Herring, 46, disappeared Feb. 8 after an argument with husband Lyle Herring.

The woman's sister Aasha Davis, an actress who has had recurring roles on "Friday Night Lights" and "Grey's Anatomy," reported her missing several days later after discovering she had not been to work.

Gable said Lyle Herring, who was standing nearby at the news conference, was not considered a suspect, but added that he had not been fully forthcoming.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510473,00.html

They always say the husband is not a suspect . . . at first!
I wonder why he isn't being "forthcoming"?

Police on Tuesday appealed to the public for help in finding a woman who vanished six weeks ago, describing her husband as "less than helpful."

Detective Chris Gable told a press conference that Lesley Herring, 46, disappeared Feb. 8 after an argument with husband Lyle Herring.

The woman's sister Aasha Davis, an actress who has had recurring roles on "Friday Night Lights" and "Grey's Anatomy," reported her missing several days later after discovering she had not been to work.

Gable said Lyle Herring, who was standing nearby at the news conference, was not considered a suspect, but added that he had not been fully forthcoming.

More at link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,510473,00.html

from the same article:

He said that he and his wife had planned to take a Valentine's Day vacation at Rosarito Beach, Mexico. He said he went on the trip anyway, thinking that his wife may have been there.
Gable said that detectives are pursuing leads stemming from threats Lyle Herring received over money he owed.
KCAL-TV reported that Herring had radically changed his appearance by cutting off long dreadlocks on Feb. 14.

Oh, and he also spoke up at the presser, saying to his missing wife: "...give me a call, we have a lot to talk about." ( As if she were just running a little late, not missing and probably dead!)

I think that says it all.

Susan

Probably isn't easy to wash all of the trace evidence out of the dreads.

Photos of Lesley and her husband..

2h3dbwh.jpg

90syop.jpg

From: http://cbs2.com/local/Lesley.Herring.missing.2.966807.html

Husband, Lyle Herring, has that blank shark eyes look. IMO.

He shows no emotion. He did not report her missing.
He says people were after him for some bad 'money' deals.

I hope LE has checked that apartment for any kind of blood evidence.
And the dumpster.

I just think she is not with us anymore.

I'm trying to google for updates and have found nothing...so I'm just trying to see if anyone knows anythign on this. Gonna keep googling but yell if you've seen something!

I can't find anything either. I may email LAPD (I think that's who has jurisdiction over this case) and see if there have been any updates.

Bumping for Lesley. It makes me sick that Lyle is not in jail..he has a Facebook. And not surpringly isn't a part of the group "Find Lesley Herring".

LOS ANGELES -- Police have arrested a 56-year old man for the murder of his wife, who was last seen more than a year ago.

Lyle S. Herring was arrested Wednesday about 4:30 p.m. after a 14-month-long investigation, police said.

Police say Herring was taken into custody without incident at California State University Northridge where he worked as a recruiter for the school.

Herring has not been seen since Feb. 8.
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-missing-wife-arrest,0,6925323.story

I am glad to see that he has been arrested.
His actions and behavior sure raised my eyebrows.

Lesley Herring, Aasha Davis' Sister, Remains Missing

[snip]

Aasha first reported Lesley missing in February 2009. Davis’ body has never been found. Husband Lyle Herring pleaded not guilty when charged with Lesley’s murder in 2010. Herring was arrested at the time at California State University, Northridge, his place of employment.

http://news.lalate.com/2011/03/31/lesley-herring-aasha-davis-sister-remains-missing/

Lesley Herring, Hollywood Woman Missing for 2 Years, Gets Nancy Grace Treatment on CNN Tonight

The media has been roundly criticized for its "missing white woman syndrome" -- giving way more play to missing, young (attractive) Anglo females than those of other ages and ethnicities.

So it's refreshing when we buck the trend.

Nancy Grace, who has made a franchise of missing women of all backgrounds via her eponymous CNN show, takes a look at the perplexing case of missing black woman Lesley Herring tonight.

http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2011/03/lesley_herring_nancy_grace.php

Lesley still hasn't been found

• lesley_anne_herring_1.jpg
  • lesley_anne_herring_2.jpg
  • lesley_anne_herring_3.jpg
  • lesley_anne_herring_4.jpg
  • lesley_anne_herring_5.jpg
Lesley, circa 2009
  • Missing Since 02/08/2009
  • Missing From Los Angeles, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth 03/21/1964 (59)
  • Age 44 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 120 - 170 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Lesley may use the last name Telford. She is of Guyanese descent. Her ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance​

Lesley was last seen at her apartment in Los Angeles, California on February 8, 2009. According to her husband, Lyle Stanford Herring Sr., they got into an argument in the middle of the night, he went to bed, and when he woke up at 9:00 a.m. the next day, Lesley had disappeared.

She has never been heard from again. Her car and all her personal effects were left behind, including her purse, wallet, keys, identification, ATM card, cellular phone, and two gold bracelets which she treasured and wore every day. She also left $26,000 in her bank account.

A photo of Lyle is posted with this case summary. He didn't report Lesley missing; her sister did when Lesley's employer called her to say Lesley had not shown up for work two days in a row. Lesley's sister, Aasha Davis, is a television actress and has appeared on the shows Grey's Anatomy, Friday Night Lights and South of Nowhere.

Initially, it looked as though Lyle had disappeared also. He dropped out of sight for about two weeks after his wife vanished. When he reappeared, he was crossing the border from Mexico into the United states and his long dreadlocks had been cut.

Lyle claimed a gang in Mexico cut off his hair because he owed them money. He said he'd gone to Mexico to look for Lesley, thinking she would be there because they'd planned a vacation trip there. Lesley's family, however, wasn't aware of any planned trip to Mexico and stated she would never have gone on vacation without giving her family a copy of her travel itinerary.

In April 2010, Lyle was charged with Lesley's murder. Authorities stated he'd been a suspect from the onset of the investigation. Davis said she wasn't aware of any relationship problems or any history of violence between Lesley and Lyle. He denies any involvement in her disappearance and at his trial his attorney suggested there was no evidence that Lesley was even dead.

Lyle was convicted of second-degree murder in April 2013. He was sentenced to fifteen years to life in prison.

Lesley worked in the payroll department of a sprinkler manufacturing company in Glendale, California at the time of her disappearance. She is described as a responsible woman and it's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance due to the circumstances involved.

Investigating Agency​

• Los Angeles Police Department 213-485-5381

Source Information​

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated January 14, 2013; details of disappearance updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back