?'s about shared/multiple accounts?

Shutterfly

Reaction score
I realize that this is posted via sticky in the parking lot, but I didn't have the heart...or the guts....to post this on tybee's "untouched" thread. It just seemed wrong, so if I screwed up I'm sure Mom and the Mods will :slap:

I keep seeing that posted, and it's just got me bamboozled to the point where I finally just have to ask. What on earth would the point be of having more than one WS's account?????? Maybe I just don't have one of those devious, twisted mindsets and therefore I'm unable to comprehend why someone would do this? Have people done this and then post to themselves under various hats for kicks...like WS's multiple personality hour? You mean to tell me that this has actually been done? Incredible. But WHY?

I realize I probably sound like a complete moron because I can't figure this out, but would someone be so kind as to educate me? It just seems so...well...stupid....and pointless?!? I hate things I can't figure out.

People do this to stir up trouble, to be on one side under one persona and another w/ another. it's good you're not familar w/ this, really. :)

I realize that this is posted via sticky in the parking lot, but I didn't have the heart...or the guts....to post this on tybee's "untouched" thread. It just seemed wrong, so if I screwed up I'm sure Mom and the Mods will :slap:

I keep seeing that posted, and it's just got me bamboozled to the point where I finally just have to ask. What on earth would the point be of having more than one WS's account?????? Maybe I just don't have one of those devious, twisted mindsets and therefore I'm unable to comprehend why someone would do this? Have people done this and then post to themselves under various hats for kicks...like WS's multiple personality hour? You mean to tell me that this has actually been done? Incredible. But WHY?

I realize I probably sound like a complete moron because I can't figure this out, but would someone be so kind as to educate me? It just seems so...well...stupid....and pointless?!? I hate things I can't figure out.

The most nefarious (and common) reason is to cause trouble, though some I'm sure end up with double accounts accidentally.

maybe because that's the only way they can get someone to agree with them

:floorlaugh:

I saw a big blow-up on another forum years ago because someone secretly had two accts. She was caught when she was posting a heated response to another poster (her other acct) but she forgot to sign out and sign back in. OOPS! I guess it's the thrill of having a secret?

I never heard of this.........computer dummy...........

I'm joking but partly serious.

LONG LONG TIME AGO when there was "an unusal character" trying to have a similar name to websleuths, it was said by others that she owner (james*n) had her own multiple names on her site and it was all just her posting. Very sad & pathetic. And maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the name here. :eek:

Maybe we're all figments of Tricia's imagination. ;)

I've seen long drawn out posts before from a couple of different posters and they will have exactly the same writing style and using big words. It may just be coincidence or just like minded people though.

I remember that. That was just ONE of that poster's manipulations and attacks. Ah, the bad ol' good ol' days.

I saw a big blow-up on another forum years ago because someone secretly had two accts. She was caught when she was posting a heated response to another poster (her other acct) but she forgot to sign out and sign back in. OOPS! I guess it's the thrill of having a secret?

I don't know why people do it, but it is really, really, really disappointing when you find out a WS 'friend' has multiple hats and that they didn't create them by accident.

It is a real let down. Big time. All you can do is tell a Mod, and avoid that 'friend'.

I don't know why people do it, but it is really, really, really disappointing when you find out a WS 'friend' has multiple hats and that they didn't create them by accident.

It is a real let down. Big time. All you can do is tell a Mod, and avoid that 'friend'.

Agreed. And anyone who does that, needs to put down the mouse and take a long, long walk outside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back