GUILTY TX - Marcus Savage, 4, Lewisville, 2 June 2004

The Texas Rangers are joining the search for this little boy today. With all of the rain and storms we've had here over the last five days, the creeks and rivers are really high and the banks muddy and slippery. Apparently, there is also a huge wooded area by the little boys apartment. When are parents going to learn that a FOUR YEAR OLD shouldn't be allowed to go "visiting" alone!!!!!! :furious: :banghead: :banghead:

Missing 4-year-old's father arrested in unrelated cases

Police dogs track boy's scent to near a creek at Lewisville complex

LEWISVILLE — The father of a 4-year-old boy missing since Wednesday afternoon was arrested on charges unrelated to his son's disappearance Thursday, Lewisville police said.

Marcus Savage Michael Savage, 24, who reported his son Marcus missing from outside his apartment at the Valley Ridge apartment complex in Lewisville, was arrested on warrants out of Denton and Dallas counties.

Mr. Savage faces a motion in Denton County to revoke probation for unlawful carrying of a concealed weapon, a speeding-related charge from the city of Dallas and a charge of failing to report a change of address in Richardson.

He was released after posting bail, records show.

On Thursday, police, city staff and volunteers scoured the area around the apartment complex in the 1000 block of Valley Ridge Boulevard for the boy but found no sign of him.

Police spokesman Richard Douglass said a canine unit followed the boy's scent but lost it near a creek abutting the complex.
Mr. Savage told police he was home when his son wandered out of the apartment and into a breezeway just before 1:30 p.m. He has been involved in the search for Marcus since then.

"We went in this creek all the way to the road; we didn't find anything," Mr. Savage said. "We came out of the creek and we walked around all the woods back there and we still came up with nothing."

The search is expected to continue today.
Investigators have not said they suspect foul play in the boy's disappearance. Anyone with information about the boy should call police at 972-219-3600.

www.dallasnews.com

I always walk my 4 year old down the block to friends houses. I then either go get her or have another responsible person bring her home. But occasionally, she'll come home on her own to get something. Drives me crazy! I'm lucky that we have a very nice neighborhood with watchful neighbors, so I don't worry too much about her.

I hope they find this little guy and that he is fine. If he is not fine, I really, really hope that it was an accident and he fell into the creek and was not "helped" into it by his dad or anyone else. I can't imagine what must go through a child's head when a parent is killing them.

Yup Arielle, I know what you mean. My 9 and 10 year old are not allowed to go between their friends houses unless I'm out there watching them. Until this year, I didn't let them check the mail unless I was watching them. I guess its because of all the "true crime" stuff we read about here - I'm completely paranoid about that type of thing. Better safe than sorry.

I am the same way. We live on a very safe cul-de-sac, know all our neighbors, in a small town. I still watch my 10, 7 and 5-year-olds as they go from house to house on the cul-de-sac. You just cannot be too careful. Only my 10-year-old goes for the mail and only with me watching her down our short driveway. It's sad that life has become like this, but I don't think there is such a thing as being too overprotective nowadays.

--Leigh

Unfortunately the father failed a polygraph given while he was under arrest for unrelated charges. I guess I am gullible, but I saw the father on TV pleading for info on his "missing child", and I thought he seemed sincerely devastated. This just really breaks my heart, as someone mentioned before, what goes through a child's mind when being harmed by the person who is supposed to protect them above all else?

IMO

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/3383599/detail.html

LP Moderator said:
Yup Arielle, I know what you mean. My 9 and 10 year old are not allowed to go between their friends houses unless I'm out there watching them. Until this year, I didn't let them check the mail unless I was watching them. I guess its because of all the "true crime" stuff we read about here - I'm completely paranoid about that type of thing. Better safe than sorry.
You are not paranoid - you are a good Mom and wise to the way the world is.

We live in a gated community with our own park, it is difficult for people that do not live here to get in... I feel fairly safe, but who knows one of my neighbours could be a perv.

When Noel plays out front or out back with her friends also from our community she has her two way radio with her. It is not the solution to abduction or assults but she if anything ever happens or she feels uncomfortable or threatened she can reach me with the press of a button.

Most of the time she just calls me to bring out snacks LOL but still - I feel good knowing she has it and I can call her in too when I need her back.

The local news played the tape of the father's 911 call to report his son missing. It was VERY ODD. The dad was extremely calm (imo) and simply stated that he needs to fill out a report on a missing child. No hysteria, anxiousness. Just very matter of fact.

I now take back what I said earlier about the father seeming sincerely devastated.

IMO

They found the body in the trunk of a car and the father has been charged with capital murder. So sad :(

Grrr...I hate these stories! That Dad should be hurt in the same way he hurt his poor son. :mad:

That boy was so darling. Where was the mother when all of this unfolded?

This kind of stuff breaks your heart. Some people are sin sick. It just seems to me for a parent to kill a child, there had to be signs, events, behaviors, some type of knowledge someone had to have concerning the relationship between this father and son. How does a mother not see this coming if she lives in the same home with them?

This is not the will of God. Murders like this make me thanksful I have a comforter in the Father. The kind of father every father should aspire to be and things like this wouldn't happen.

06/05/2004

Associated Press

A North Texas man who reported his 4-year-old son missing was jailed on Saturday on a capital murder warrant after the boy's body was found.

Police officers in Addison found Marcus Savage's body on Friday night, Lewisville police spokesman Richard Douglass said in a statement.

The boy's father, Michael Savage of Lewisville, was arrested a short time after the body was found. He was being held at the Lewisville Police Department jail awaiting arraignment on $1 million bond.

Michael Savage, 26, reported the boy missing on Wednesday afternoon, prompting an extensive search. He said he was home when Marcus wandered out of the apartment and into a building breezeway.

He said Friday he had nothing to do with Marcus' disappearance.

"I didn't do anything or don't know of anything that happened to my child," Michael Savage said in Saturday's edition of The Dallas Morning News. "If I did, I would go and get it right."

Douglass said Michael Savage took a polygraph test "and that polygraph did not come out in a positive way."

Douglass said the incident remains under investigation.

bump .........................Thanks lanie :blowkiss:

For Marcus

I'll never forget you, little one.
I pray for justice for you.
With HOPE, Lanie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads