Has Casey gone under any type of Psychological Evaluation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Issi

Former Member
Reaction score
Title says it all.

I was just sitting here, and got to thinking about this.

We've been seeing the word "Sociopath" thrown out many many times lately. We've seen it in the media, and the word gets thrown around here as well... almost like a new buzzword. No offense meant to anyone... It's just that I'm sure very few of us, if any, are qualified to diagnose her mental well being.

So anyhoo... I honestly don't recall anywhere where Casey Anthony has actually been professionally evaluated as to her mental state of mind. I think I remember her talking to psychologists in the jail... but maybe that was more of a crisis counselor and not an actual evaluation.

And no... this chica ain't got a chance for an insanity plea. Let's not go there.

So anyhoo... If it's been said before, I thank you for your assistance.

Thanks,

Issi

Anyone? Bueller?

Has KC gone under any kind of state ordered psych evaluation?

All I know is that Judge S order a psych eval for her at bond hearing. Other than that...nada...

I'm sure it was done but we wouldn't get any info on it anyway.

Yes, she did at jail intake upon her first arrest. I seem to recall that it was said that her psychological condition was "difficult to describe."

A psychiatric evaluation and testing was one of the conditions of Casey's bail. (the first time she was bailed out)

Thanks for the answers...

"Difficult to describe" Lol... I'd be like "Is that your professional opinion, doctor?"

I remember seeing a thread on KC's mental condition, but it looked like it was mostly an opinion thread (which is fine and good). I was just curious, and couldn't remember what had all gone down as far as her having a real psych evaluation done.

The prosecution must be keep those results close to the vest.

I'm sure bat-sh** and cuckoo for coacoa puffs aren't admissable legal or medical terms as evidence.

Thanks for the answers...

"Difficult to describe" Lol... I'd be like "Is that your professional opinion, doctor?"

I remember seeing a thread on KC's mental condition, but it looked like it was mostly an opinion thread (which is fine and good). I was just curious, and couldn't remember what had all gone down as far as her having a real psych evaluation done.

The prosecution must be keep those results close to the vest.

I'm sure bat-sh** and cuckoo for coacoa puffs aren't admissable legal or medical terms as evidence.

Sometimes I wonder if her possible psychiatric issue(s) is the reason why JB has said "we will understand come trial"(paraphrase).

Anyone? Bueller?

Has KC gone under any kind of state ordered psych evaluation?

Maybe a rousing rendition of "Danke Schoen" will do it.....Segue into "Twist and Shout"......Love that movie.....LOL

Found this in another thread and thought it had some relevance
Casey has to admit she is guilty in order to plead insanity. Baez cannot do it for her.

Baez and crew left the door open for a possible insanity plea and also for an accidental death/panic disposal scenario in documents sent to the prosecutor. If you don't answer a criminal charge with those possibilities right from the start, you can't do it later, as I understand it.
http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html#-

Baez is apparently opposed to an insanity plea:
http://www.wftv.com/news/17919607/detail.html#-
Eyewitness News also learned that dissention among the defense team may be behind the release of those documents. The death penalty-qualified attorney, who is helping Jose Baez, said he wanted Casey to be evaluated by a nationally-known psychologist who was involved in the Unabomber and the Elizabeth Smart cases. The attorney thinks Casey is mentally ill, but Eyewitness News learned Baez rejected his suggestion.

Sometimes I wonder if her possible psychiatric issue(s) is the reason why JB has said "we will understand come trial"(paraphrase).

Or maybe why he was requesting a private meeting with the judge??? Maybe he knows she has problems, but she won't let him plead her guilty by insanity.

Early on she was evaluated and a "source close to the case" informed one of the news agencies that KC did suffer from "deficiencies"-It was a very vague reference on HLN (IIRC), but I took that to mean that she probably has a pretty colorful profile.

Wait a minute. I know from reading that they did do a psych. eval. around bond hearing time. And I remember reading that someone said her results were "normal." Anyone else remember reading this way in the beginning?

Or maybe why he was requesting a private meeting with the judge??? Maybe he knows she has problems, but she won't let him plead her guilty by insanity.

I think the private meeting request has more to do with "personal information regarding the family" just as JB phrases it. Most likely with Caylee's coming into this world to start with and the things that could come out at trial that the defense sees as important, but doesn't want public. Even though I believe her psych profile is colorful, I don't think it is enough to remove her responsibility for her actions. Again...JMO>

Wait a minute. I know from reading that they did do a psych. eval. around bond hearing time. And I remember reading that someone said her results were "normal." Anyone else remember reading this way in the beginning?

IIRC-the FAMILY and KC said her results were normal. Nothing official was released.

Found this in another thread and thought it had some relevance

Eyewitness News also learned that dissention among the defense team may be behind the release of those documents. The death penalty-qualified attorney, who is helping Jose Baez, said he wanted Casey to be evaluated by a nationally-known psychologist who was involved in the Unabomber and the Elizabeth Smart cases. The attorney thinks Casey is mentally ill, but Eyewitness News learned Baez rejected his suggestion.
I remember the letter he wrote where he hinted at a possibble mental illness and "accidental overdose"...and now that the DP is off the table that defense just goes out the window ? Will the state be able to show the jury that letter to show the changes of defense theories according to what's at stake, Life vs, DP ?

She's evaulated by professional psychologists every night on NG. :)
I wonder if the defense has had her evaulated. I would hope they have before they make any decision either way regarding an insanity defense.

There is and has been so much discussion on this throughout the forum. Please search. I am sorry to close this, but I do not want to merge another thread and throw the conversation off.
There are numbered threads on her psychological profile which encompass discussion on any evaluations. there is also an Insanity Plea thread that is currently being discussed.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members