When Parents Kill..

Ames

Reaction score
http://www.slate.com/id/2063086/

Although I believe that JB was ACCIDENTLY injured, and her parents thought she was dead..so they staged a cover-up...and unknowingly finshed her off with the garotte...I found this article interesting.

It is devoted to all of the IDI's that believe that Patsy is innocent, just because a parent wouldn't kill their own child.

Hell is full of people who killed their own children.

An interesting article Ames - thanks for the link. It also has relevance to the current Caylee Anthony case.

Hi Ames. TY for posting the link.
Very interesting .... stats, and mention of England's Infanticide Act.

That's a fascinating piece, Ames. I too think that JBR's death was accidental or at least unpremeditated but it is helpful to remember that parents can and do kill intentionally and that there are wicked parents. Without going into too many tedious details, there was a case over here recently where a beautiful baby boy was tortured to death by his mother's boyfriend. The boyfriend was sentenced to prison and an unGodly rush ensued to blame social services (with lots of summary firings etc). What was largely overlooked by the media was the fact that the mother of this little angel was covering up for her boyfriend - covering the toddler's bruises with chocolate so it looked like he was just a bit overindulged when he went to the doctor's office etc. To most mothers, this is beyond unthinkable and it would be comforting to think it didn't happen. But it did happen.

That's a fascinating piece, Ames. I too think that JBR's death was accidental or at least unpremeditated but it is helpful to remember that parents can and do kill intentionally and that there are wicked parents. Without going into too many tedious details, there was a case over here recently where a beautiful baby boy was tortured to death by his mother's boyfriend. The boyfriend was sentenced to prison and an unGodly rush ensued to blame social services (with lots of summary firings etc). What was largely overlooked by the media was the fact that the mother of this little angel was covering up for her boyfriend - covering the toddler's bruises with chocolate so it looked like he was just a bit overindulged when he went to the doctor's office etc. To most mothers, this is beyond unthinkable and it would be comforting to think it didn't happen. But it did happen.

That is so sad. Bless his little heart. I hope that the mom and the boyfriend are now in jail.

Although I believe that JB was ACCIDENTLY injured, and her parents thought she was dead..so they staged a cover-up...and unknowingly finshed her off with the garotte...I found this article interesting.

It is devoted to all of the IDI's that believe that Patsy is innocent, just because a parent wouldn't kill their own child.[/quote]

Good article. I do think, however, that the vast majority of IDI's do not believe Patsy is innocent solely based on the thought that "a parent wouldn't kill their own child". In fact, I have NEVER seen or heard a IDI base their opinion on that thought process. Everyone knows that there ARE parents who kill their children. I just think that the thought process is that the RAMSEY's do not fit the standard mold, if there is one, of parents who would do this. Actually, the article supports that.

My opinion only & I could be wrong. Not looking to get into a spittin' match with anyone on this thread......Lord knows this topic gets people's heads spinning ha ha. Backing out now.

It is devoted to all of the IDI's that believe that Patsy is innocent, just because a parent wouldn't kill their own child.[/quote]

Good article. I do think, however, that the vast majority of IDI's do not believe Patsy is innocent solely based on the thought that "a parent wouldn't kill their own child".

I would imagine so, but there have been cases.

In fact, I have NEVER seen or heard a IDI base their opinion on that thought process.

I have.

Everyone knows that there ARE parents who kill their children. I just think that the thought process is that the RAMSEY's do not fit the standard mold, if there is one, of parents who would do this.

Same difference.

Actually, the article supports that.

Mm.

My opinion only & I could be wrong. Not looking to get into a spittin' match with anyone on this thread......Lord knows this topic gets people's heads spinning ha ha. Backing out now.

I really don't know why you always talk like that. We're not a nest of cobras.

I have.

Same difference.

Mm.

I really don't know why you always talk like that. We're not a nest of cobras.[/quote]

Do I always talk like that? Hmmm - I don't think so. I have made probably 5-8 posts on this entire subject. Either way, I do not not think anyone here is part of a cobras nest....however, I do know that dissenting opinion on this subject is often scorned and ridiculed. Not by everyone and not even by the majority. But some, for sure. For that reason, I know there are some that feel like making a disclaimer that they are not trying to rile any feathers when voicing a dissenting opinion, because oftentimes that is exactly what it does, and I am sooo not all about that sort of thing. So, I made a disclaimer. Please don't equate it with me thinking you are a "nest of cobras". Not true and not at all necessary.

I have.

Same difference.

Mm.

I really don't know why you always talk like that. We're not a nest of cobras.[/quote]

Do I always talk like that? Hmmm - I don't think so. I have made probably 5-8 posts on this entire subject.

Sorry. I was merely speaking of what I've seen.

Either way, I do not not think anyone here is part of a cobras nest....however, I do know that dissenting opinion on this subject is often scorned and ridiculed. Not by everyone and not even by the majority. But some, for sure.

No doubt.

For that reason, I know there are some that feel like making a disclaimer that they are not trying to rile any feathers when voicing a dissenting opinion, because oftentimes that is exactly what it does, and I am sooo not all about that sort of thing. So, I made a disclaimer. Please don't equate it with me thinking you are a "nest of cobras". Not true and not at all necessary.

All right. Forget i said anything.

Sorry. I was merely speaking of what I've seen.

No doubt.

All right. Forget i said anything.

Ha ha, okay SD...forgotten.

This case, after all these years, definitely gets folks riled up...and for good reason, no doubt. I do know, however, that the ones who get so riled up are the ones who want justice served the most and the ones who feel the most passionate about this. Whether IDI, RDI or NRKFSWDI (Nobody Really Knows For Sure Who Did It) the frequent posters and commentators on this subject are folks with a soft heart and an incredible desire for this little girl to have justice....and I hope that one day she gets it. Whether that "justice" supports my theory, your theory, or anyone else's theory, well, none of that matters as long as the justice does get served.

I respect EVERYONE here and for the most part, I think everyone else does too.

Have a beautiful night, SD.

Ha ha, okay SD...forgotten.

This case, after all these years, definitely gets folks riled up...and for good reason, no doubt. I do know, however, that the ones who get so riled up are the ones who want justice served the most and the ones who feel the most passionate about this. Whether IDI, RDI or NRKFSWDI (Nobody Really Knows For Sure Who Did It) the frequent posters and commentators on this subject are folks with a soft heart and an incredible desire for this little girl to have justice....and I hope that one day she gets it. Whether that "justice" supports my theory, your theory, or anyone else's theory, well, none of that matters as long as the justice does get served.

I respect EVERYONE here and for the most part, I think everyone else does too.

Have a beautiful night, SD.

Hi eleven.

Wow. That's it exactly! ..... incredible .... the effort that has been put forth ..... for justice and dignity for that little girl, ah .... poor wee JBR, and by such effort, all children. The dedication of 'the public' is admirable. All the bloggers and posters .... I really appreciate all the info they've made available. I could not have imagined such dedication and such a wealth of information; evidence of how JonBenet has been embraced.

Ya ... passionate discussions, but not toxic or venomous.

Children under the age of 5 in the United States are more likely to be killed by their parents than anyone else. Contrary to popular mythology, they are rarely killed by a sex-crazed stranger. FBI crime statistics show that in 1999 parents were responsible for 57 percent of these murders, with family friends and acquaintances accounting for another 30 percent and other family members accounting for 8 percent. Crime statistics further reveal that of the children under 5 killed from 1976 to 1999, 30 percent were murdered by their mothers while 31 percent were killed by their fathers. And while the strangers, acquaintances, and other family members who kill children skew heavily toward males (as does the entire class of murderers), children are as likely to be murdered by their fathers as by their mothers.
This was from article................I'm thinking of many cases ...........sad

Hi eleven.

Wow. That's it exactly! ..... incredible .... the effort that has been put forth ..... for justice and dignity for that little girl, ah .... poor wee JBR, and by such effort, all children. The dedication of 'the public' is admirable. All the bloggers and posters .... I really appreciate all the info they've made available. I could not have imagined such dedication and such a wealth of information; evidence of how JonBenet has been embraced.

Ya ... passionate discussions, but not toxic or venomous.

Hiya back, Tadpole! I agree - the effort that has been put forth has been incredible. Admirable, even. Personally, I am of the belief that the Ramsey's are innocent :eek: and that someone is walking the streets today (unless he's dead now) that got away with this disgusting crime. However, I don't know for sure and the people that think that the Ramsey's are guilty don't know for sure either! So, with that said, the IDI's and the RDI's aren't TRULY on the opposite sides of the fence, because the common denominator for us all is that we do not really know. We only have opinions, and I really do respect them all. From both sides.

from the article:
And mothers frequently dispose of the corpses in what researchers call a "womblike" fashion. Bodies are swaddled, submerged in water, or wrapped in plastic. Moreover, the NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away. All these behaviors suggest that women associate these murders with themselves, their homes, and their bodies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

submerged in water..Susan Smith.
JonBenet was swaddled in a blanket,(which was found to have Patsy's arm hair on it),and found within the home.

from the article:
And mothers frequently dispose of the corpses in what researchers call a "womblike" fashion. Bodies are swaddled, submerged in water, or wrapped in plastic. Moreover, the NCMEC study showed that while the victims of maternal killings are almost always found either in or close to the home, fathers will, on average, dispose of the bodies hundreds of miles away. All these behaviors suggest that women associate these murders with themselves, their homes, and their bodies.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JonBenet was swaddled in a blanket,(which was found to have Patsy's arm hair on it),and found within the home.
CAYLEE in blanket, in bag found in water......added by me

this is such an interesting thread......could go for so many cases!
Maybe it wil get to be a stcky!

from the article:

Exactly...if we had just the swaddling to go on, and THAT alone...I would still say that Patsy was involved. What sort of intruder would have done that? "He" had just finished killing her, why should "he" have cared if she was wiped down, redressed...and swaddled like a papoose?? Why even bother?? The swaddling...ALONE...screams Patsy did it.

Good article. I do think, however, that the vast majority of IDI's do not believe Patsy is innocent solely based on the thought that "a parent wouldn't kill their own child". In fact, I have NEVER seen or heard a IDI base their opinion on that thought process. Everyone knows that there ARE parents who kill their children. I just think that the thought process is that the RAMSEY's do not fit the standard mold, if there is one, of parents who would do this. Actually, the article supports that.

I didn't say that that ALL IDI's believed that Patsy wouldn't kill her own daughter, I just said that the post was dedicated to all of the IDI's that believed it. A vast majority of them do, however...believe that the Ramsey's are innocent, simply because a parent wouldn't do such a thing. I am SURE that there are TONS of parents out there, that do not fit the "mold" of the killer of their own child....but, they have snapped and have done it anyway. As I have said many times before...I do NOT believe that Patsy MEANT to harm JB the way that she did. I believe that the blow was done out of rage...possibly from slinging JB around, and JB falling and hitting her head on the side of the tub, or sink. Because JB was likely unconscious...I also believe that the Ramsey's thought that JB was ALREADY dead, before applying the garotte. I don't think that it can be compared to a parent that, say for example...deliberately chases down their child, grabs them and then goes and drowns them in a tub (Andrea Yates), or straps them in a carseat and lets the car roll in the water, while they stand there and watch the car roll...and then sink to the bottom (Susan Smith).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back