OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
16734448_IMG_8792animateCs2.gif

Without A Trace: Shaffer Missing 3 Years

Brian Shaffer went missing three years ago, and authorities still have the case open.
The case still is considered an active case but puzzles all who look at it.
Central Ohio Crime Stoppers’ Kevin Miles told NBC 4’s Matt Alvarez Shaffer still is considered a missing person.
“It’s still in missing persons. It’s not in homicide,“ Miles said.
If Shaffer were to turn up tomorrow, he’d find the landscape of his life changed in the three years since he disappeared: His mother died of cancer shortly before his disappearance. His father, who spearheaded a constant and widespread effort to keep his son’s name in the public eye, was killed in the September 2008 wind storm. A branch fell on Randy Shaffer.
http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/crime/article/without_a_trace_shaffer_missing_3_years_now/14506/

New article w/video but no new info...

Brian Shaffer went missing three years ago, and authorities still have the case open.

COLUMBUS, Ohio—Police have investigated and re-investigated, but three years after 27-year-old OSU medical student Brian Shaffer was last seen at the Ugly Toona Saloona bar, detectives have no idea where he is.

More at link..

http://www.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/crime/article/without_a_trace_shaffer_missing_3_years_now/14506/

Central Ohio Crime Stoppers’ Kevin Miles told NBC 4’s Matt Alvarez Shaffer still is considered a missing person.
“It’s still in missing persons. It’s not in homicide,“ Miles said.
If Shaffer were to turn up tomorrow, he’d find the landscape of his life changed in the three years since he disappeared: His mother died of cancer shortly before his disappearance. His father, who spearheaded a constant and widespread effort to keep his son’s name in the public eye, was killed in the September 2008 wind storm. A branch fell on Randy Shaffer.

lol...We both posted this at the same time!

Bumping again for the anniversary of Brian's disappearance - 4/1/06...

Alright...Here's my Opinion on this case for what ever it's worth...

Either one of a couple things happened:

1.) He did leave the bar via the front stairs by the escalator and for some reason the security camera's didn't catch him, may be because of the crowd leaving the bar at the time was great enough that he was in that crowd but couldn't be possitivly identified by the video.

2.) He left via the back door and the camera that was suppose to activate if the door was opened, (as they say was suppose to be the case), didn't activate/malfunctioned and no one ever knew it didn't activate/malfunction and because of this they dismissed the possibility of him leaving out the back door.

3.) He left via the construction route.

You wouldn't think that Robbery would have been a motive because he didn't have any cash on him, or not enough to entice a Robbery.

I believe one of about four different scenerios probably happened:

1.) I think that possiably someone wanted to fight him that night for what ever reason...may be due to the girls he was seen talking to on the video...Brian tried to get out of there to avoid the fight/perpetrators...he went out through the construction area but was inadvertantly seen leaving by the perpetrators who then followed him into the construction area where they would have had pleanty of oportunity to do what they wanted to him with out anyone seeing.

2.) He left the bar with or without someone and wasn't caught on the video camera for what ever reason and something happened to him.

3.) He died in the bar, was discovered at closing and because of liablilty to the bar and or the people who may have served him alcohol that night, his body was removed from the bar by workers and disposed of.

4.) He left with the band after the bar closed, wasn't caught on video camera for what ever reason, and something happened to him...may be he went to an "After the bars close party" with the bar staff and or the band and something happened to him.

I seriously doubt that he was taken by a serial killer as some have speculated...this is really such a long shot....the above noted sceneros make a lot more sence.

Just my theory.

ARIELILANE....

Why do you persist in posting your "In my Opinion" smiley faces, and balloons...etc.

I thought this was a discusson forum for Brian Shaffer....Not Facebook,
No offence intended, but I would like to see the Forum used for Useful Discussion rather then meaningless irrelivant happy face/balloon posting.

Just My Opinion!

New article out today in the OSU student paper:

Is Brian Shaffer alive?

Missing med student might be alive, attorney says; brother suspects best friend has knowledge of incident that happened three years ago

More at link...

http://media.www.thelantern.com/med...3/Campus/Is.Brian.Shaffer.Alive-3707043.shtml

Very interesting article from The Lantern, but I dont think he is still alive. If Clint's lawyer is saying he is still alive, that is just Clint wiggling out of taking a lie detector test. If he has nothing to hide he needs to tell what he knows.

And Arielilane, I love your posts, they always make me smile. I think it is great how you pay your respects to Brian and others on this board. Keep it up, because I always feel that others have forgotten.

ARIELILANE....

Why do you persist in posting your "In my Opinion" smiley faces, and balloons...etc.

I thought this was a discusson forum for Brian Shaffer....Not Facebook,
No offence intended, but I would like to see the Forum used for Useful Discussion rather then meaningless irrelivant happy face/balloon posting.

Just My Opinion!

Every time this thread is bumped, Brian's name remains visible. I am thankful for every post, and thankful that people still care. :twocents:

Every time this thread is bumped, Brian's name remains visible. I am thankful for every post, and thankful that people still care. :twocents:

Yea...but come one...there are pages filled with no decussion on the case...thats what this is for isn't it???

Can't we discuss the case more here???

New article out today in the OSU student paper:

Is Brian Shaffer alive?

Missing med student might be alive, attorney says; brother suspects best friend has knowledge of incident that happened three years ago

More at link...

http://media.www.thelantern.com/med...3/Campus/Is.Brian.Shaffer.Alive-3707043.shtml

This might sound utterly ridiculous but what IF Brian is alive? Of course, I have always hoped he was but sincerely doubted that was the case. When you think about it, Clint is the only person who refused a polygraph and essentially lawyered up at a certain point and refused to talk. What if he DOES know something? Suppose Brian told Clint that night he was leaving and didn't want anyone to know where he was going, except Clint? Maybe it's a situation where Clint is harboring this secret and vowed to never tell where Brian was. When you think about Clint's behavior, it's either a scenario like that or else he knows Brian is NOT alive and knows something about that too.

I personally find it very hard to believe Brian is alive and would do that to his family. And especially after Randy Shaffer's death, you would definitely think he would have come back and let everyone know he was alive. I just find Clint's behavior somewhat strange and I think he knows more than what he is telling.

This might sound utterly ridiculous but what IF Brian is alive? Of course, I have always hoped he was but sincerely doubted that was the case. When you think about it, Clint is the only person who refused a polygraph and essentially lawyered up at a certain point and refused to talk. What if he DOES know something? Suppose Brian told Clint that night he was leaving and didn't want anyone to know where he was going, except Clint? Maybe it's a situation where Clint is harboring this secret and vowed to never tell where Brian was. When you think about Clint's behavior, it's either a scenario like that or else he knows Brian is NOT alive and knows something about that too.

I personally find it very hard to believe Brian is alive and would do that to his family. And especially after Randy Shaffer's death, you would definitely think he would have come back and let everyone know he was alive. I just find Clint's behavior somewhat strange and I think he knows more than what he is telling.

I don't think it's utterly ridiculous at all. I have never been able to make up my mind on what I believe happened to Brian. The thing that has made me start to feel that he is no longer alive is the fact that it has been 3 years with no word from or about him. He's a guy who by all accounts had a close, loving relationship with his family and his girlfriend. I feel like if he would have snapped under stress from school and grieving and taken off, well, I can't see someone who has those close relationships being able to leave for 3 years without a word to any of his loved ones. 3 days or 3 weeks, sure, but not 3 years with absolutely zero contact. Maybe that's projecting too much of my personality onto a stranger, but it just doesn't feel plausible to me. I understand that feeling of wanting to run away from everything, but would never be able to leave my loved ones, at least not for a long period of time!

But then I second guess that feeling - what if he's in a fugue? What if he was/is experiencing some kind of psychosis that negates those feelings of wanting to be with loved ones? Those things seem implausible though too.

Somewhere, someone knows something and he needs to be found.

I don't think it's utterly ridiculous at all. I have never been able to make up my mind on what I believe happened to Brian. The thing that has made me start to feel that he is no longer alive is the fact that it has been 3 years with no word from or about him. He's a guy who by all accounts had a close, loving relationship with his family and his girlfriend. I feel like if he would have snapped under stress from school and grieving and taken off, well, I can't see someone who has those close relationships being able to leave for 3 years without a word to any of his loved ones. 3 days or 3 weeks, sure, but not 3 years with absolutely zero contact. Maybe that's projecting too much of my personality onto a stranger, but it just doesn't feel plausible to me. I understand that feeling of wanting to run away from everything, but would never be able to leave my loved ones, at least not for a long period of time!

But then I second guess that feeling - what if he's in a fugue? What if he was/is experiencing some kind of psychosis that negates those feelings of wanting to be with loved ones? Those things seem implausible though too.

Somewhere, someone knows something and he needs to be found.

Thanks, SisterMadly. I know it's not ridiculous that he could still be alive..just the circumstances behind his disappearance if he is still alive, IF Clint knows something more than he's telling. If Brian did go off and Clint knows it, I just find it unreal that Clint wouldn't have spoken up by now. With searches being organized and fundraisers, not to mention the grief and anxiety of Brian's family...and then Randy Shaffer dying so tragically, for someone to sit back and watch all that unfold and possibly know something about Brian's whereabouts, to me it just defies all reality that he wouldn't come forth and tell what he knows. I'm relatively sure that is NOT the case...but I just find Clint's behavior kind of strange. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10