Sophie the Cattle Dog's Incredible Journey

gaia227

I have never taken any exercise except sleeping an
Reaction score
This just makes me cry. Sophie's parents to their Austrailan Cattle dog with them on a sailing trip. Sophie fell overboard during a storm and they thought for sure she would have died. Sophie swam for five miles reaching a remote island where she then became a wild dog, eating baby goats to survive for 4 months. Rangers were finally able to trap her and she was called 'ferocious.' Her parents somehow heard on the news about this dog and they flew out and sure enough it was their Sophie. She went from being 'ferocious' to whimpering, licking, wagging her tail, so happy to finally be with her family.

Sophie is very lucky she was not killed by ranchers pissed she was eating their baby goats.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30088069?GT1=43001

Too bad they weren't baby cows. She may have gotten a job instead of a reputation.

Glad they found her.

I'm so glad she's back safe with her family. Ugh, I feel like I'm going to cry.

Thank you for posting this story.

I'm so glad she's back safe with her family. Ugh, I feel like I'm going to cry.

Thank you for posting this story.

It's okay! I have been spontaneously crying about for the past hour. They are happy tears because all too often the stories in the news about animals are horrible and because Sophie's spirit is so admirable.

I just saw this story on NBC Nightly News and was going to post it in the News That Makes You Smile thread...glad it's already on here..

What a wonderful, heart-tugging story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back