Mother wins right to sons sperm!!!

PattyCake

Gypsy By Heart
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513200,00.html

This is just sick, even if she's not going to carry the children, she clearly is going to raise them. I'm sorry, SICK! YOU CANNOT reinvent your kids when they die, they're gone. If God's plan didn't have him having children, that's GODS plan!

WHY can courts and doctors overrule Gods plans for us on earth? Its so very wrong on so many levels. WRONG WRONG WRONG. :furious:
Those poor future children get stuck with a mental grandmother and a dead father who she'll probably have him so high on a pedastal they'll never measure up. :rolleyes:

Doesn't the science come from God?
I can see wanting a grandchild from a deceased child.

Doesn't the science come from God?
I can see wanting a grandchild from a deceased child.

:eek:That is the wrong reason to have those children in my opinion... because you've just lost a child?!. It puts a 'job' on those grandchildren to fill a 'need' that you'd want - not because they were born out of love of a union in marriage.

Just because we have the capabilities, does that mean we should allow everything going on? Would you like to see us start to clone people because scientists have the ability? Better yet, lets just make all strong, athletic blue eyed blonde children, if that's what the 'parent's would like to have a made to order baby.

God gives us the knowledge to create science. He expects us to act morally & within his laws as well. Otherwise WE BECOME GOD and we're not capable of the consequences that comes with that. We have the ability to morph some computer chips into human skin and have it manipulate the skin. Is that okay? When does it end? She got this granted because no one was there to oppose her. She's USING these 'future' babies to fill her sorrow. How horrible.

It's terrible that these future grandchildren have a job to fill this woman's emptiness. Children should never be 'used' like that ever. I would never ever want grandkids that way. Nope.

well if the son had a wife i could see mabey but if the mother intends to carry ewwww

no, no wife. he was single & alone. By all accounts in other articles, lived with his mom still. Which is how she knew he wanted boys & their names I assume.

I believe she's probably going to carry these kids if she's desparate enough. Unless she's rich, it'll cost her dearly to get surrogates for these 3 unfortunate souls. I can only hope that the sperm somehow is rendered useless...

:eek:That is the wrong reason to have those children in my opinion... because you've just lost a child?!. It puts a 'job' on those grandchildren to fill a 'need' that you'd want - not because they were born out of love of a union in marriage.

Just because we have the capabilities, does that mean we should allow everything going on? Would you like to see us start to clone people because scientists have the ability? Better yet, lets just make all strong, athletic blue eyed blonde children, if that's what the 'parent's would like to have a made to order baby.

God gives us the knowledge to create science. He expects us to act morally & within his laws as well. Otherwise WE BECOME GOD and we're not capable of the consequences that comes with that. We have the ability to morph some computer chips into human skin and have it manipulate the skin. Is that okay? When does it end? She got this granted because no one was there to oppose her. She's USING these 'future' babies to fill her sorrow. How horrible.

It's terrible that these future grandchildren have a job to fill this woman's emptiness. Children should never be 'used' like that ever. I would never ever want grandkids that way. Nope.

My uncle died when he was 14 of cancer. The Doctor told my Grandmother to have another baby that it would help with the grief. She had two more. I guess she used them to fill her sorrow but she loved those girls and they loved her.

This is simply disgusting and infuriating.

Here are my thoughts on this matter. In THIS case it's wrong, there is nothing right about it at ALL. BTW I did not read thoroughly, how did the mother get the sperm, if the son had it frozen, why?

I believe unless a man specifically and explicitly consents to having his sperm used, it's just wrong. About the only way I see it as okay is if a man and his wife go have some sperm frozen for some reason and the man explicitly consents to what can be done with it, or not. I have heard of cases where a newly married couple, the man is going off to Iraq, and in case something happens which would prevent him from having kids (paralyzing injury, exposure to chemicals, death), the man wanted his wife to be able to have his children- I think this is ok with the man's consent but ONLY specifically for what he has consented. And NOT for his mother! If the man was single, then that should be that.

Why'd this guy have his sperm frozen? Please tell me he did and his mother did not have to collected after his death..I need to read up on this before I get too opinionated- basically I feel it's ok in cases where the man is going off to war and wants his wife to be able to have his child if something happens to him, and that's almost about it.

My uncle died when he was 14 of cancer. The Doctor told my Grandmother to have another baby that it would help with the grief. She had two more. I guess she used them to fill her sorrow but she loved those girls and they loved her.

OMG a doctor should NEVER tell a patient something like this! It may have worked out in her case, but if someone has a baby for a selfish reason to fill a void or make up for another loss, and the baby doesn't end up changing that, it could cause the parent to resent the kid. A kid or baby should NEVER be responsible for filling up someone else's happiness, it just simply should be naturally that babies are a blessing a do...they should not be had JUST for this purpose, does this make sense?? I'm sure a baby can fill a void...I'm just saying it's not ok to have one specifically and purposely to fill the void, because what happens if they don't, or what happens if they're born and have to carry the weight if always having to fill, satisfy, comfort, etc? That is too much for a kid.

When I had my kids I had a problem with a certain grandparent making demands on one of the kids to make him/her happy and it was thrown up all the time as a demand. "I'm not happy because the grandkid doesn't do this with me", "I don't get to experience such-and-such because the grandkid doesn't do such-and-such and I am not happy" etc. Putting expectations of using kids to fill your OWN needs, wants, and happiness requirements is just WRONG.

He didn't have any sperm frozen at all....
His mother is attempting TODAY to collect it. He died on Sunday, got a court order Monday morning to retrieve his sperm from his body. No doctor wants to help her and the courts cannot compell a doctor to do such a thing. She's still scrambling and in the mean time, the hospital is keeping her son's body at a certain temperature so not to damage the sperm. UGGGG

Reading everything else, she's single parent, he's single and she wants to have his baby. Purely completely sick. She needs so much help. What a thing to do to a future baby.

That's her choice with her own body & ability to have kids naturally...! It's her children. BTW, you cannot fill a void of a deceased child, what backwards thinking. You can have more children to have a good life & reason to live. Children cannot be replaced...

but Marissa says "she wants a piece of her son...". That is the wrong reason to make a child. That child now has a responsibility, a JOB if you will before they're even born. To fix grandma's heart. What a terrible thing to do to a child. Seriously. that's what therapists are for, not babies.

This is HER SON'S SPERM... she has no right to decide about any grandchildren. That's the big difference here.

She's 41, young enough to go have another baby! So go have another child... in the 'normal natural way...' I would not have a problem with that. But this? So completely wrong.

This snippet from the article tells me that if his organs and tissues were harvested, her son will "live on", in another person who needs them.

"Other organs and tissues were already going to be harvested from Evans' body, the judge noted, and there would be no other remedy for the mother if time expired."

I feel for the mother and I feel badly that she lost her son, but the decision to harvest his sperm is outside of my grasp. I love my children more than anyone or anything in the world and in my eyes there wouldn't be a "replacement" for them. I can't judge the woman too harshly though, perhaps this is just "her way" of grieving and she may change her mind? I pray she has some comfort and support during this time of loss. :blowkiss:

I don't think she should be able to harvest his sperm either. It's also not a great idea for her to carry any future children of her son's. They're related--couldn't that cause genetic problems?

I could MAYBE understand if it was a wife that wanted to harvest her deceased husband's sperm, but even then I don't know.

"I want him to live on. I want to keep a piece of him," she told the newspaper.

Wouldn't he live on in those that he donated his organs to?

i dont think this shouldve been ruled in her favor either what about all the other mothers that have lost thier sons ..:yuck::shakehead: what if this becomes something other people will try :puke::yow:

And exactly whose eggs will she use... she can't use her own...

snipped from Pattycake's link.

Evans and her attorneys were trying on Tuesday to find a urologist or other medical professional willing to collect the sperm for a possible surrogate pregnancy in the future.

I hope this means that IF she does go through with this, someone else will provide the egg and carry.

That being said, I pray that this mother is just acting out her grief over losing her son. This is definitely NOT the time to make a decision like this. Hopefully she has a good support system of friends and family that will make her re-think this odd choice.

Doesn't she realize that if she becomes pregnant by someone else, ANYONE else, the baby she gives birth to will "be" a part of her son? After all, her deceased son was part of her.

This snippet from the article tells me that if his organs and tissues were harvested, her son will "live on", in another person who needs them.

"Other organs and tissues were already going to be harvested from Evans' body, the judge noted, and there would be no other remedy for the mother if time expired."

I feel for the mother and I feel badly that she lost her son, but the decision to harvest his sperm is outside of my grasp. I love my children more than anyone or anything in the world and in my eyes there wouldn't be a "replacement" for them. I can't judge the woman too harshly though, perhaps this is just "her way" of grieving and she may change her mind? I pray she has some comfort and support during this time of loss. :blowkiss:

I tend to agree fully. This spells it out perfectly. Sadly, had her son lived there was still no guaranty he would have ever fathered a child. We aren't guaranteed offspring from our children when we become parents.

A little side note. When I was in my 20's I worked with a gentleman who talked about his adult children so much it was almost annoying. Several years later he shared with me his parents had another child who died before he was born. How they only planned on one child, and he was constantly reminded he would not have been born had his older brother not passed away. It broke my heart and I was overjoyed to hear ALL about his children as often as he liked after gaining some understanding. It's awful to have to live in the place of someone who has passed.

he said he wanted 3 sons....what if he has girls?....unless she is going to do the gender selecting she has a 50/50 chance of a girl!
He may have said he wanted 3 boys and he probably did but he also didnt think he would not be around to raise them! would he really want his kids to be raised without him?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back