GUILTY CA - Angels pitcher, 2 friends killed by drunk driver, Fullerton, 9 April 2009

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Angels Starting Pitcher Killed After Ball Game

Our local news was reporting that someone killed in the car crash was high profile, but were not reporting who that person was. TMZ is saying it was Nick Adenhart who pitched a gerat game last night.
3 people were killed and this is another senseless tragedy.

RIP all involved.

Cbs sportsline and SI are also reporting this. What a shame.

The Angels have had bad luck: Lyman Bostock, Donnie Moore, now Nick Adenhart.

Requiscat in pace, boys of summer.

My son is a die-hard Angels fan...I sent him a text message at work, he said his dad had beat me to it. He said Adenhart was one of the best minor league pitchers last year...22 years old. Just a baby.

I think I heard another "person associated with the Angels" was also involved/killed? Sounds like next of kin hasn't been notified? Oh boy. Sad for the Angels team.

And if the intial report is correct, all for the other driver running a red light. :furious: Glad to hear they caught the driver.

This is sad. Young positive people cut down because some fool ran a red light.*sigh*

What a tragic end to such a young man with a promising career/life ahead of him. Prayers to his family and the other families that lost their beloveds today. :(

I saw this on fox news at lunch. Its so very sad. RIP Nick

I love baseball and watched my son play from T-ball all the way to earning his letter his Senior year of High School. Nick is only a year younger than my son. What a tragic loss to baseball by such a thoughtless act.

I watched the presser and LE stated that Nick had told his Dad that he'd better come to the game tonight because something very special was going to happen. About an hour and after the game ended, Nick was dead.

My prayers go out to his family, his Angels family and his friends.

May you rest in peace, Nick...you certainly earned your Halo while in this life!

Absolutely tragic. I cannot imagine the pain for his family and friends as they watched him begin the dream of a lifetime this weekend only to have it cut down in such a senseless moment.

Prayers for all who knew him. So sad.

Wow that is so sad, 3 lives gone because someone didn't care enough about himself or anyone else. Why does the drunk driver always survive when others die? Prayers to all the families of the victims.
I really hope Nick's dad went to that game??

I bawled during the press conference when Nick's manager broke down in tears! What a tragedy and a loss in baseball. Just imagine what he could have accomplished! But let's celebrate his accomplishments while with us.....he pitched his heart out last night.
His team mates and colleagues speak highly of his character. What a nice reflection on his parents and upbringing! You'll be missed Nick!

One of the responses says the 4th person died in surgery? No report, just someone posting a response to the articles and claiming to know the one who survived?

Really sad,im no Angels fan but Nick was one he** of a pitcher. Prayers for his family and friends. I hope his family gets justice.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back