Facts only

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Someone asked for this thread, so I started it for you.

Sandra Cantu 8 years old kidnapped and murdered.

Thanks for starting this thread. This is a first pass at confirmed facts.

-Sandra Cantu - 4 feet 45 lbs. Birthmark on cheek. Wearling a Hello Kitty t-shirt.

- Reported missing from the Orchard Estates Motor Home Park at approximately 8 p.m.

-Image of Sandra captured on CCTV at appx. 4 p.m. walking toward the back of the mhp, away from the only entrance/exit of the mhp.

- No Amber Alert issued. Per LE not enough detailed info.

-LE believes for 9-10 days she is alive and well. Investigated as a Missing Person.

-Rewards >26K

-Massive search in mhp. Many homes searched, cars impounded. (Did they use dogs - search or cadaver?)

-Daniel Cantu (father) interviewed. (Has he been ruled out?)

-Tip re: floating luggage called in by workers at the *advertiser censored*? dairy farm at appx. 10:15 Monday 4/6.

-April 6 - Evidence collection and suitcase retrieved and taken to SJ county morgue to be opened. Press conference announces it contained the remains of Sandra.

-She was id'd by what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance. Hello Kitty t-shirt?

-Home in mhp searched immediately following the press conference on the evening of 4/6. Assumed to be Pastor Lane Lawless.

-Clover Road Baptist Church cordoned off with crime scene tape 4/6. Church and shed searched by CSI on 4/6-4/7. CRBC is Pastor Lawless' church.

-4/8 LE declines rumors that the Pastor will be arrested "today"

-TPD has served 15 warrants.

Thanks for starting this thread. This is a first pass at confirmed facts.

-Sandra Cantu - 4 feet 45 lbs. Birthmark on cheek. Wearling a Hello Kitty t-shirt, black leggings.

- Last seen approx. 4:00 pm; reported missing from the Orchard Estates Motor Home Park at 7:53 p.m., police search began approx. 8:15 p.m.

-Image of Sandra captured on CCTV at appx. 4 p.m. walking toward the back of the mhp, away from the only entrance/exit of the mhp.

- No Amber Alert issued. Per LE not enough detailed info.

-LE believes for 9-10 days she is alive and well. Investigated as a Missing Person.

-Rewards >26K

-Massive search in mhp. Many homes searched, cars impounded. (Did they use dogs - search or cadaver?)

-Daniel Cantu (father) interviewed. (Has he been ruled out?)

-Tip re: floating luggage called in by workers at the *advertiser censored*? dairy farm at appx. 10:15 Monday 4/6.

-April 6 - Evidence collection and suitcase retrieved and taken to SJ county morgue to be opened. Press conference announces it contained the remains of Sandra.

-She was id'd by what she was wearing at the time of her disappearance. Hello Kitty t-shirt?

-Home in mhp searched immediately following the press conference on the evening of 4/6. Assumed to be Pastor Lane Lawless.

-Clover Road Baptist Church cordoned off with crime scene tape 4/6. Church and shed searched by CSI on 4/6-4/7. CRBC is Pastor Lawless' church.

-4/8 LE declines rumors that the Pastor will be arrested "today"

-TPD has served 15 warrants.

My edits in red above. (We keep close track of timing on Forensic Astro thread.)

Thanks,
Soulscape

My edits in red above. (We keep close track of timing on Forensic Astro thread.)

Thanks,
Soulscape

Thanks Soulscape. I was working off media reports and what was confirmed by LE - not too much detail there. I totally appreciate the corrections and what you guys are doing on the Astro thread. I lurk but think you guys are AMAZING!

Discovery of container: Monday 4/6/09: approx. 10:00 am: Sgt. Tony Sheneman with the Tracy Police Department said when workers were draining the [irrigation] pond in the area off Tracy Boulevard and Whitehall Road Monday morning in preparation to flood a nearby field, the suitcase floated to the surface. He said a worker moved it to the edge of the pond and then called authorities.

Removal of Container: Monday 4/6/09: 5:40 pm: Detectives spent hours processing the area around the pond for any tracks or other evidence before actually removing the suitcase to the San Joaquin County Coroner's Office.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=57551&catid=2

This was posted by a new member regarding the Sovereign Grace connection. [Mods, if this is not considered "fact" please feel free to let me know.] :)

FACT: Clover Road Baptist Church is NOT one of the churches targeted on the website sgmsurvivors.com

Hi, everyone...

I'm new here. I'm the moderator of a site called www.sgmsurvivors.com, and I noticed that today we have received a number of hits from this board. A user posted information that linked Clover Road Baptist Church to the organization called Sovereign Grace Ministries that is the subject of the site that I moderate.

I haven't read all the posts here, so I don't know if this has already come up, but I just want to clarify that Clover Road Baptist Church has no connection to Sovereign Grace Ministries. Yes, Clover Road did at one point merge with another congregation that had "Sovereign Grace" in its name, but there has never been any affiliation between those churches and SGM.

I realize that this is probably old news and not a big deal, but I thought I'd post this info in case anyone was still under the impression that the issues discussed over at sgmsurvivors (our site) would have any relation to the investigation of Clover Road Baptist Church. They don't.

Thanks, and blessings to all. My heart is sad over the loss of Sandra!

To date, LE has identified 5 POI's

FW, lives in MHP, Space 81, kissed Sandra when she was 6 at the MHP swimming pool. Grandparents have said they filed a report of the incident with TPD. Long standing community member. Owns business. TPD executed a SW for both the mobile home and cars. The cars were taken to the lab for processing. (Which cars were FW's? Anyone know?)

CS, lives in MHP, Space ___. CS lives with his parents. CS said he did not know why he was investigated. During the execution of the search warrant, CS became hostile and TPD charged him with OOJ. CS has priors and his parents have taken out restraining orders against him in the past. LE served a search warrant for both the mobile home and cars. Cars were taken to the lab for further processing.

CS's Cousin. A name has not been released for this POI but the address was in Oakdale, CA, not far from Tracy and possibly on School Avenue. Neighbors reported that the FBI dug a hole in the yard, used metal detectors, and searched a boat on the property.

DS, lives in MHP, Space 43. News media indicate there is a disable son living in the trailer with DS and his wife. News media also indicate DS is friends with CS. A search warrant was executed at the mobile home and cars were taken to the lab. DS was taken for questioning BUT not to the police station. LE has refused to disclose where questioning took place.

CLL, live in the MHP, Space 57. Pastor of local church. LE executed a search warrant and impounded cars the day after Sandra was found (Sandra found April 6th, 2009, Pastor questioned April 7th, 2009). CLL and his wife have publicly stated that LE searched their home, took a cell phone and computer. There are various rumors floating around about the suitcase, rummage sale, etc. NONE of which have been confirmed by LE. A search warrant was executed at the Pastor's church which included searching of at least one car, a shed and the church building.

Salem

PassionFlower, please add the dates (Last Seen, Police Report Filed, Search Began) to the entry:

- Last seen Friday 3/27/09, approx. 4:00 pm; reported missing from the Orchard Estates Motor Home Park Friday 3/27/09 at 7:53 p.m., police begin search at MHP Friday 3/27/09 approx. 8:15 p.m.

Thanks,
Souscape

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak