U.S. flagged ship Captain Richard Phillips Rescued

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! What a wonderful Easter day in the U.S. of A!

:woohoo:

What a wonderful Easter blessing!

I'm so overjoyed for Captain Phillips, his family, and those of the rest of the crew, as well!

:woohoo:

Go Navy!

This is GREAT news!! What a wonderful gift on Easter Sunday!!! - Go U.S.A. !!!!

The Captain looks fantastic, too! :)

Richard Phillips gave himself willingly to the Pirates in exchange for the release of his crew.

He jumped overboard and attempted to swim to safety, but was recaptured under a barrage of gunfire.

He jumped overboard again, giving the Navy the opportunity to kill & capture those SOB pirates and bring him to freedom.

I'd say Richard Phillips is the embodiment of True American Spirit.

...and our Navy has again proven it's the best in the world.

Happy Easter!

You're right, Patti Ann ... Captain Richard Phillips is a True American Hero! I'm so proud of him!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

They shot 3 and saved 1 to talk!

Brilliant! Excellent job!

I am so happy for his family and for his crew!! Wow! What a wonderful Easter present for everyone!

Kudos to our Navy boys!!! (Tossing them an Easter egg filled with joy and kisses!)

Speaking of the Maersk crew, SS .... I want them to be released!
They're kinda being held hostage by the FBI. They need to be set free, too!

I agree!! FREE THEM ALL! It is PARTY TIME!!!

(Tossing them cases of beer and pizzas in the shape of Easter eggs)

THIS THRILLS MY HEART! I am so HAPPY for this HERO and his family! God Bless them ALL!! And God Bless America!!!

Wonder how this lone is feeling, right about now?
Damn that 20/20 hindsight, huh, Buddy? Woulda, coulda, shoulda...NOT picked on the US of A!

I posted up thread, but I'm just sitting here in happy tears. After all the sad news we've had here lately (Sandra, Caylee, Haliegh), this wonderful, WONDERFUL news about Captain Phillips has overwhelmed me with joy. I just can't tell you how joyful it makes me that he will be able to go home to his loving family! No doubt that the reunion will be an emotional one and that their bond will be stronger than ever before. God Bless!

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not sure this will end here. Remember Somalia is holding over 100 hostages from other hijackings. Negoliations with Somalia elders failed because they would not allow the US to take prisoners. It seems to me we should be concerned about a countermove. These people are ruthless.

Wonder how this lone is feeling, right about now?
Damn that 20/20 hindsight, huh, Buddy? Woulda, coulda, shoulda...NOT picked on the US of A!

Right, didn't the pirates announce that they were not intimidated by the U.S. Navy? Whoops...

“We are not scared,” the pirates’ spokesman, Sugule Ali, said in a telephone interview on Tuesday. “You only die once.”

It kills me that pirates have spokesman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/world/africa/02pirates.html

Somalia Foreign Minister: "We are very happy at this action and the outcome."

Call me pessimistic, but I'm not sure this will end here. Remember Somalia is holding over 100 hostages from other hijackings. Negoliations with Somalia elders failed because they would not allow the US to take prisoners. It seems to me we should be concerned about a countermove. These people are ruthless.

Long-term, and maybe short-term, you've got a good point. As they've been mentioning, normally these pirates haven't been killing crews. That may change, but I hope not.

What this has done is bring it more to the public's knowledge (at least in the US) and I bet we'll see more tactics deployed to combat this growing international issue. At least I hope some good will come of this.

I still can't believe these little flea thugs can wreak so much havoc (sp)...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back