Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

Why did Huckaby murder Sandra? What do you think?

• Huckaby got irritated with Sandra and hit her, which led to her death.

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Huckaby has mental illness and lost control/snapped.

Votes: 33 9.7%
  • Huckaby was jealous of Sandra's relationship with her daughter.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Sandra and Huckaby's daughter were having a disagreement and Huckaby lost it.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • She is involved with a pedo ring.

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • Something else will come out.

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • I just don't know...

Votes: 119 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She looks mentally ill to me. I think she was molested herself. I get the feeling that she either was involved with a man or friend who is into child *advertiser censored*, or is a mentally disordered sex abuser herself, something like that. But, I just don't know. This is horrific.

I think something unexpected will come out as far as motive --it will stun us with it's senselessness. It's going to prove how crazy she is.

Then again, it could contain elements of many of the motives in the poll....who knows.

I voted that I just don't know at this point in time. I could speculate but I think I will wait until LE releases the results of the autopsy which will tell me more than I probably would want to know about how Sandra was murdered.

I also want to wait until the investigation moves a bit further along. I dont' have enough information at this time to evaluate whether or not she is mentally ill, whether or not she was herself molested, whether or not she was involved in pedophilia, *advertiser censored* and other connected activities.

That's my honest opinon as of this evening.

The motive for the crime is going to be waaay out there. I think that Melissa is crazy.

I am wondering if this is going to be "a religious calling for her". Rather than her being involved in the darkside.

i have no idea why she did this but i believe this was planned.sandra had asked to go to the movie and bible study so i believe she was trying to get her to go with her and sandra trusted her.

I voted I just don't know. However, something about how she disposed of Sandra makes me think of the info on mothers who murder their children. Sandra was put into a waterproof Eddie Bauer suitcase (would that be considered womblike?), in water, and less than two miles from home.

I'm probably way off the mark on this though.

Melissa may be a little bit like Casey with the stealing and other charges. Maybe a sociopath with other mental illness and some delusion mixed in. I don't think she just got angry and snapped doing something to Sandra because of the allegations of another drugged child. Maybe she gets upset at girls who have other little friends besides her daughter, got tired of Sandra knocking on her door to play alot, etc., and reacted in a crazy way. It almost sounds like she could have been trying to get rid of little girls who were beginning to influence her daughter into wanting to go play outside the home or visit other kids' homes. I just hope she left some clues or confesses because if she doesn't talk we may not ever know exactly why unless it all does turn out to be sexual abuse related.

I think it is very interesting that MH's 5 year old daughter was already scheduled to leave the day after Sandra went missing with MH's biological mother. I can't believe that was a coincidence.

"Huckaby's father, Brian Lawless, said he was at a preacher's conference in Salinas when he heard news of his daughter's arrest. He informed his wife, Judy, who has been on a planned vacation in Northern California with Huckaby's 5-year-old daughter, Ma****n, since the day after Sandra went missing."

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_12128530

I am still leaning towards a very unusual case of Munchausen by proxy, and an attempt to gain attention - especially since MH was being "left behind" and "abandoned" by her mother and 5 year old daughter.

Melissa may be a little bit like Casey with the stealing and other charges. Maybe a sociopath with other mental illness and some delusion mixed in. I don't think she just got angry and snapped doing something to Sandra because of the allegations of another drugged child. Maybe she gets upset at girls who have other little friends besides her daughter, got tired of Sandra knocking on her door to play alot, etc., and reacted in a crazy way. I just hope she left some clues or confesses because if she doesn't talk we may not ever know exactly why unless it all does turn out to be sexual abuse related.

I'm not so sure if I think she is a sociopath. I'm just wondering if her problems started around the time she separated from her husband. Was he threatening to take custody from her? She tried to get herself declared mentally incompetent to stand trial on one of her charges. She was evaluated and declared competent as a result, but what was going on there? LE has already said this case is an anomaly. What do they know that led them to state that.
What makes this case unlike any other before it? (that is other than the killer was a woman who was not a primary caregiver)

.... LE has already said this case is an anomaly. What do they know that led them to state that.
What makes this case unlike any other before it? (that is other than the killer was a woman who was not a primary caregiver)

I think LE was probably referring to the way MH kept inserting herself into the case by speaking with the media; the stories about the suitcase, the "note" she found that had "Sandra, water, suitcase, whitehall" written on it. The stories she was constantly giving to the media did not match what she was saying when questioned. I mean good grief! The only other perp I have ever watched act so brazenly stupid with their lying was Casey A. :cool:

I think the motive was revenge. Sandra's GF was trapping cats in the mhp and taking them to the pound. Someone (who I believe was MH) was angry enough about this to slash Sandra's gf's tires. I believe MH has a borderline personality disorder. Many of her traits fit that disorder. She would not, however, fit the legal definition of "insane." I believe she escalated her revenge to the slaying of Sandra.

I think LE was probably referring to the way MH kept inserting herself into the case by speaking with the media; the stories about the suitcase, the "note" she found that had "Sandra, water, suitcase, whitehall" written on it. The stories she was constantly giving to the media did not match what she was saying when questioned. I mean good grief! The only other perp I have ever watched act so brazenly stupid with their lying was Casey A. :cool:

This case is so strange.

OT It's nice to meet another Carolina Girl in here. I live in the Upstate.

I can't come up with any reason. I am impatiently waiting for her reason. This was a huge surprise to me. I automatically thought it was a pervert. The police said this precious Angel was murdered very soon after she went missing...before the police were even called.

She looks mentally ill to me. I think she was molested herself. I get the feeling that she either was involved with a man or friend who is into child *advertiser censored*, or is a mentally disordered sex abuser herself, something like that. But, I just don't know. This is horrific.

i don't know why, gitana1, but i have the same feeling. just my gut, though.

I can't come up with any reason. I am impatiently waiting for her reason. This was a huge surprise to me. I automatically thought it was a pervert. The police said this precious Angel was murdered very soon after she went missing...before the police were even called.

What a beautiful tribute to your little sweetie. I completely lost it when I saw his "occupation"...Angel. He sure is an angel. May God comfort your heart with His love as you cherish your precious memories of Jared.:blowkiss:

I'm waiting to vote until I can narrow it down more. I think it's one of the first 4 choices - something to do with jealousy or anger. I'm just not sure yet who it was directed toward...Sandra, Sandra's family, or perhaps her own daughter/family.

I'm updating my theory on why. The drugging of the other girl was an attempt to create danger and fear in the trailer park so this little girl or maybe even other kids wouldn't be allowed to play outside and come around as much. That didn't work, or word didn't get around so the even more horrible abduction had to happen there. That would get rid of the little girl coming around so much and make all the little girls have to stay and play indoors at their own homes. I believe it all has to do with her own "super thin and frequently ill" child wanting to go outside and play, getting older and more independent, and being influenced by her neighbor friends. A child being abducted nearby would be a perfect excuse to not let your child have any freedom at all or go outside.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back