Suspect steals cop's phone while being taken to jail on another rap

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
CARRBORO -- A man already charged with breaking into a car and taking something had another offense added to his legal problems after police accused him of stealing the cell phone of the arresting officer as the officer took him to Orange County Jail.

Zachary Lee Foust, 19, of Lincoln Lane, Chapel Hill, initially faced a charge of felony breaking and entering an auto and misdemeanor larceny. Police accused him of breaking into a 1988 white Pontiac Firebird at Abbey Court Condominiums about 4 a.m. Saturday and taking a speaker box from the car, according to Carrboro police reports.

He was placed under a $1,500 secured bond and taken to Orange County Jail.

On the ride to the jail, Foust allegedly managed to take the Carrboro police officer's cell phone from the patrol car's center console, according to reports.

When he got to the jail, the officer noticed his cell phone was missing. He thought he had misplaced it and intended to look for it later, according to the report.

But in the booking room, the officer noticed that Foust seemed very nervous and did not want to look at the officer. As Foust shifted in his chair, the officer heard a beep. The officer searched Foust and found his missing cell phone in Foust's left shoe, according to the report.

"I removed my phone and advised him I would be back with another warrant," the officer wrote in his report. The officer returned to the jail at 9:32 a.m. Saturday with a warrant charging Foust with misdemeanor larceny, according to the report

http://www.herald-sun.com/orange/10-486661.html

the stupidity never fails to amaze me...i have total job security! :laugh: last month we had moron who robbed bank and there on front page was his nice clear big color photo from bank camera...we just looked at the picture and said oh yeah, that's wendell, went over his house and got him.

deputylinda said:
the stupidity never fails to amaze me...i have total job security! :laugh: last month we had moron who robbed bank and there on front page was his nice clear big color photo from bank camera...we just looked at the picture and said oh yeah, that's wendell, went over his house and got him.

Linda.........here is San Diego the police give all the bank robber's nicknames.
Like the "BO bandit" cause the guy smell's......... I can't think right now of any of the other names, but they're really funny. I remember the year's when I never heard of a bank robbery.........except for the Brigg's one!
Oh the good old day's...........

xxxxxxxxoo
mama

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member