New developments reported today 16 April 09

hoppyfrog

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=6764014

16 April 09

Authorities investigating the case of missing Plainfield mother Lisa Stebic say there is new progress in the case.

A spokesman for the Will County State's Attorney's Office says the new developments came about over the last few months, but he has not released any specific details.

Charles Pelkie says the information has "not cracked open the case, but has shed additional light on what happened."

Stebic disappeared in April of 2007.

Additional news stories:

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/1529357,4_1_JO16_STEBIC_S1.article

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/lisa.stebic.case.2.986172.html

I'd love to know exactly what these new developments are.

Thanks Hoppy. This is very good news, it's disheartening to see so little movement on these types of cases. Eventually though they will get these guys.

Any piece of news about one of these missing women is welcome! Let's hope this will lead to something productive and they can find her.

They did a terrible recap of Lisa's story on CNN - they focused on her trying to "evict" her husband from the home. Now there are many many comments on the cnn story almost claiming Lisa deserved what she got because of women taking the house, kids and their husband's for alimony.

I don't know Lisa's full story, but there are a lot of scary men out there taking the husband's side. Makes me sick.

I hope LE gets their guy. I hope this case doesn't end up a cold case.
Those poor children are stuck with this man!
It is all to sad........
I hope all his neighbors buy the magnets and drives him nuts!

Wonder how the kids are doing...we're coming up on what...2 years now???? Geeze. What a cowardly little man.

Wonder how the kids are doing...we're coming up on what...2 years now???? Geeze. What a cowardly little man.

In some ways it doesn't seem that long and in others it seems like she has been missing for years. I believe with everything in me that the husband murdered Lisa. He sent the kids to the store which was unusual and killed her while they were gone. Later he got rid of her body which was probably wrapped in that tarp with the blood on it. I hope LE can prove that this creep murdered Lisa. I feel sorry for the kids having to live with him. I wonder if they even have a clue...wonder what he has told them. They are young yet and he has probably told them she just left and didn't ever come home.

I believe Craig is the murderer also and eventually he'll get put away, just like Drew Peterson, Brad Cooper, Jason Young and eventually Raven Abaroa.

It's so good to see that slowly but surely these men are getting put behind bars.

They did a terrible recap of Lisa's story on CNN - they focused on her trying to "evict" her husband from the home. Now there are many many comments on the cnn story almost claiming Lisa deserved what she got because of women taking the house, kids and their husband's for alimony.

I don't know Lisa's full story, but there are a lot of scary men out there taking the husband's side. Makes me sick.

I saw part of that story on CNN also. When I heard it, I told myself they forgot to say WHY she was evicting him.

She was evicting him because the situation had become intolerable and he was acting abusive towards her in front of the children.

Kind of puts a different outlook on the situation, doesn't it?

JMHO
fran

A female body was just pulled from the DesPlaines River near Channahon that was badly decomposed. All that has been released is that it was a young female - the location is not far from where both Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic disappeared. State police have been notified of the discovery and are on location.

My thoughts and my prayers are with Lisa's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back