GUILTY FL - Helen Googe, 66, killed by Putnam County jail escapees, 22 April 2009

Indiana at Heart

Former Member
Reaction score
PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- Investigators now say the two men who broke out of jail are suspects in the murder of a woman in Putnam County.
Twenty-three-year-old Doni Ray Brown and 25-year-old Timothy Wayne Fletcher are wanted and considered armed and dangerous, and investigators believe the two are on their way to Crawfordsville, Indiana

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=136035&catid=3

PUTNAM COUNTY, FL -- The manhunt for two inmates who broke out of the Putnam County Jail continues.
A woman found dead in a home northwest of Palatka may be related to the search.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=135962&catid=3

Wow! Nice guys. NOT.......The woman found murdered is the step-grandmother of one of the fugitives.:mad:

fran

Crawsfordsville is not far from the illinois line. How did they make it this far. If they don't take the I74 there is lots of little towns that maybe might have a cop. wonder what in Crawsfordville very cute town , I been to craft shows there, I am thinking that might had a pen pal there.

crawfordsville, In is about 5 hours from Monroe County Ky(where they took the last car).
Crawfordsville is not a big town , but lots country roads. I don't see how they won't be notice. I have not hear any alert over the scanner. I am pretty close to the line.

Wow. Putnam County Sheriff's Office can't put them in jail OR keep them there, huh?! Very scary!

An all-out manhunt is underway for two jail escapees. They could be in Kentucky. The two men broke out of a Florida jail Wednesday. Police believe they stole a relative's car and are suspected of killing her. That happened in Palatka, Florida, just outside of Jacksonville.
The stolen car has been found in Tompkinsville, Kentucky in Monroe County. Police believe the men may be headed to Crawfordsville, Indiana, but they say they could be anywhere.

http://www.wkyt.com/home/headlines/43130562.html

PALATKA, Fla. -- An intense manhunt continued more than 18 hours after a pair of convicts escaped from the Putnam County Jail on Wednesday.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/19186381/detail.html

terre haute Inidaina channel 10 is doing updates. Crawsfordville is little north of there.
I been try to figure out what route they would take, either I74 or I64.
the only thing is I don't think that channel 10 has not update the car with Kentucky Plate

terre haute Inidaina channel 10 is doing updates. Crawsfordville is little north of there.
I been try to figure out what route they would take, either I74 or I64.
the only thing is I don't think that channel 10 has not update the car with Kentucky Plate

Yeah I know we don't know what way they would come in!! I would like to know how they know thats where there going??

Family, friends, girlfriend, online person

Yeah I know we don't know what way they would come in!! I would like to know how they know thats where there going??

Family, friends, girlfriend, online person

There a college there, I hate when they don't warn people that could be in danger. Theses guy could be anywhere, I am pretty sure that they have another car by now. Kentucky just had a prison break a couple weeks ago, they beat up some brothers really bad and stole guns and money which wasn't that far from us, just south about three hours, They were caught way up north. thanks goodness.:furious:

They are making pretty good time, aren't they? This would seem to indicate they are just going right up the highways. I don't see how they could take backroads with stopping to steal vehicles etc. and make such good time. I hope LE catch them very soon as they are very dangerous.

I wonder why they won't give a reason they believe Crawford is their destination?

They are making pretty good time, aren't they? This would seem to indicate they are just going right up the highways. I don't see how they could take backroads with stopping to steal vehicles etc. and make such good time. I hope LE catch them very soon as they are very dangerous.

I wonder why they won't give a reason they believe Crawford is their destination?

I looks up Fletcher in Crawsfordville, And there is four families listed.
I wonder if any of them would be Timothy's family.
I live in the country, and my husband leaves his car keys in the truck all time. a couple summer ago a young girl 15 and a man 25 ran away from missouri hours a way from us. They broke in to our friends bait shop stole a quilt that she made and pop and food and camp out in the woods like 10 miles from us. we are not all that smart in country we tend to sleep with unlock doors and key in cars. :rolleyes: go figure. My doors are lock.
I am orginal from Delaware live about three miles from a prison 7 guys escaped we had helicopers in our woods cops everywhere, this was before 911 numbers ,I had two little girls in the country i never been so scare in my life, they end up in town 20 mins from where i live and killed a friend has she was getting in her car to go to work like 7:00 am. this was about 25 years ago. Ever since them when prisoners escape I am on edge until they are found. I hope that when I get up they been caught and have not hurt anyone.:eek:

Hi. I'm south of Indy and haven't seen anything about it on our news stations yet. I wish they would keep us updated!!

Hi. I'm south of Indy and haven't seen anything about it on our news stations yet. I wish they would keep us updated!!

I am west of indy about 3 hours. be careful you never know where theses cowards might show up. I think Fletcher has family in Crawsfordville. there is wayne with the same last name that live in Blufton , In I think that like 160 mile north of Crawsfordville. Be safe :blowkiss:

Anyone know the possible max. sentence these guys were facing for their original charges?

The car they might be in as of now is 2003 red oldsmobile Alero. Kentucky handicap plate HPY 796

PALATKA, Fla. (AP) - Authorities searched for two "armed and dangerous" jail escapees from Florida who apparently stole a car found abandoned Thursday hundreds of miles away in Kentucky, a Florida sheriff's official said. Investigators said the car was taken from the home of one of the inmate's relatives, a 66-year-old woman found dead hours after the breakout.

Law enforcement officers in Monroe County, Ky., recovered a 1999 four-door Lincoln that was missing from the Florida home of one man's step-grandmother, whose body was found there hours after Wednesday's pre-dawn escape, according to the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

Doni Ray Brown, 23, of Satsuma and Timothy Wayne Fletcher, 25, of Welaka, are being sought, authorities said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30248819/

Details of the escape

Prisoner Escape Detailed
2009-4-17
Captain Dick Schauland

The initial investigation indicates that Fletcher had been transported to the Putnam County Court House for a hearing, and upon being returned to the Putnam County Jail, he was able to pry loose a bottle jack from the inside of the transport van. Fletcher concealed the jack inside his pant leg when he was returned to the jail and sent back to his cell which he shared with Brown. It appears that the jack was not discovered when Fletcher returned to the jail, because he had a cast on his leg in preparation for foot surgery and was provided with oversize pants to accommodate the cast. Further he walked with a pronounced limp - all of which helped him hide the tool.

Sometime during Tuesday night, after all of the prisoners were locked in their cells for the night, Fletcher and Brown used the bottle jack to jack up the sink/toilet combination appliance from the wall of their cell, popping the bolts that held it to the wall. Behind the appliance is a hole that the pipes run through, obstructed by metal bars. Fletcher and Brown apparently again used the jack to pry the bars far enough apart to shimmy through into a small maintenance corridor called a "chase."

After entering the "chase," the two made their way to an outside access door that opens into the inner perimeter fenced yard. They then dug a hole and went under the inner fence finally reaching the outer fence. It appears Brown and Fletcher were able to squeeze between a gate and the outer fence to make their escape.

Sheriff Jeff Hardy has ordered an intensive internal investigation to determine exactly what happened and why. As that internal investigation is completed, more information will be forthcoming

The public needs to be aware that the two individuals are considered
armed and dangerous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17