Melissa's Ex speaks on GMA 04.17.09

Johnny Huckaby states his reaction to Melissa arrest: Shock!

Together over a year

Carefree person, a person I can't see doing something like this

Did suffer from depression, self image...

Never violent

Does not see this as being an intentional situation

After divorce Melissa went to school, got a job, had a decent life

Feels she was a good mother to his child

The Melissa he saw after the arrest does not look like the Melissa he know...looks like someone else in her body

Their daughter is in a safe place and doing very well. Does not have any knowledge of this situation.

Denies ever abusing Melissa...denies substance abuse.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7356264&page=1

He also says that he is seeking custody of their daughter. He's remarried and has kid(s?) with his present wife.

Johnny Huckaby states his reaction to Melissa arrest: Shock!

Together over a year

Carefree person, a person I can't see doing something like this

Did suffer from depression, self image...

Never violent

Does not see this as being an intentional situation

After divorce Melissa went to school, got a job, had a decent life

Feels she was a good mother to his child

The Melissa he saw after the arrest does not look like the Melissa he know...looks like someone else in her body

Their daughter is in a safe place and doing very well. Does not have any knowledge of this situation.

Denies ever abusing Melissa...denies substance abuse.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7356264&page=1

Bolded by me.
What? What about the rape??? How could that not be intentional?

I saw this segment of GMA. IMHO, you most likely canNOT believe anything Melissa says.

I believe she's a drama queen who makes circumstances to make herself look like a victim. :mad:

JMHO
fran

Bolded by me.
What? What about the rape??? How could that not be intentional?

Because nothing has been proven yet. There may not have even been a rape while SC was alive. i.e. the violation may have occurred after death.

Is it possible someone else had been abusing, Sandra?

Because nothing has been proven yet. There may not have even been a rape while SC was alive. i.e. the violation may have occurred after death.
Absolutely.
Not if they have evidence to the contrary. Saliva, bodily fluids, etc. would have been taken to determine DNA of the perp. They would also be able to tell if the rape happened before or after her death and they would charge her accordingly.

Sandra being abused prior to the day of the murder isn't an issue in this case unless it was by the perp. What occurred between seeing Sandra walking towards the perp's house and the TOD is the focus of the charges against Melissa.

I'm pretty sure that they have evidence of a rape or they wouldn't have charged her with it. If it was after she was dead it's not called rape. She would be charged with abuse of a corpse or necrophillia. JMO

This isn't the reaction I expected from her ex and I am glad he took the high road for their daughter's sake. Someday, she will be privy to all the information and know her father didn't trash her mother in spite of everything.

I'm willing to bet that IF there is in fact evidence of 'abuse,' of Sandra, the defense will be claiming it was NOT their defendent. They'll TRY to bring out that SOMEONE ELSE abused Sandra BEFORE she was even with the defendent, most likely over a period of time. Either that or that the finding of 'abuse' is WRONG.

JMHO
fran

Well, that does not make any difference at all to me as to whether or not Sandra was alive when the rape occurred. I hope she wasn't and was spared this indignity. The ME would have been able to determine whether the trauma took place before or after the death because the injuries would appear different. As the blood flow stops after death, even bruising would have a different appearance after death.

To me, a rape is a rape and even more an aberration if done after death. MH's actions have shown that she was aware that what she had done was wrong, hence the coverup.

ETA: I realize that it is not termed a rape if done after death, but the actions were the same.

except in that case that wouldnt be defined as a rape then...but mutilation of a corpse or something along those lines....am i wrong....moo

MH seems not to take the end of relationships well. IF she was dating the Sinclair guy, and they were no longer dating, maybe she figured he'd be blamed for Sandra.

The words "intentional situation" is how the reporter phrased the question as in - do you see this as an intentional situation? he answered no etc....... But the words "intentional situation" are odd wording by the reporter. So I think the reporter kind of put words in his mouth.
I am surprised by how well spoken the ex is. He is not what I was expecting for some reason. I think based on what I had read regarding their divorce, but I should have considered the source. Also, appearances can be deceiving as we all know.

I hope it was after death so that little Sandra didn't have to go through that.
It's still really sick if it was done after death though.

Or raped weeks earlier by someone else and then then killed by accident. I think its unlikely, but possible

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back