OK OK - Jeffrey Ben, 18, Clayton, 29 January 2001

findlorne

Reaction score
Website
www.findlorne.faithweb.com
I am posting this for Kelly Jolkowski...

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: January 29, 2001 from Clayton, Oklahoma
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date Of Birth: August 23, 1982
Height and Weight: 6'3; 150 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair; brown eyes. Ben is of Native American descent. His tongue is pierced. Ben has a tattoos of Indian maidens on his chest and right arm; a photograph of the one on his arm is posted below this case summary. He also has tattoos on both of his shoulders and a scar on his nose.

Details of Disappearance
Ben was employed in Detroit, Michigan at a fiver-optic company in 2001. He returned to his family's residence in Clayton, Oklahoma in late January of that year. Ben was last seen at approximately 1:00 a.m. on January 29, 2001 on 9-Pine Road in the Tuskahoma area of Pushmataha County, Oklahoma. (Some agencies may refer to the road as "Nine Pines Road"). He was wearing a white t-shirt, a black hooded Carhartt jacket, jeans and Chucka lace-up boots at the time of his disappearance. Ben has never been heard from again. His pickup truck was discovered wrecked and abandoned near the area shortly afterwards. There was no sign of Ben at the scene.
An extensive search of the region produced no clues as to Ben's whereabouts. There has been no activity on his bank account or credit cards since his disappearance. Authorities stated that one of Ben's cousins failed a polygraph test concerning his case later in 2001. It is not known if the person is connected to Ben's disappearance. There have been no arrests in Ben's case, but foul play is suspected.
Ben's family are tribal members of the Choctaw Nation.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
800-522-8017
OR
Pushmataha County Sheriff's Office
580-298-2475
MPCCN Case File: 977M00

You can also visit his website:
http://www.jeffreyben.com
http://www.projectjason.org

If you think you have seen one of our missing persons, contact the listed authority on the post and kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org or call 402-932-0095.

I went to Project Jason site and I cam across Jeffery Bens picture and read about his case on the website. I was wondering if there was anymore information on his case?? I seacrhed but was unable to find anything more. Like why did he come home, was he there on a visit. Was he out with friends that night were they drinking etc?

If anyone cant point me in the right direction I would apprecaite it. Thanks

Thanks Lanie. I have been reading that all morning and his guest book and unless I am missing something I am not finding a whole lot of details about the investagation or the details surrounding his disappreance. Like where was he before he was missing did it look like his truck had been in accidetn was he out with friends etc. Thank you for the information. I will keep reading. I pray for his safe return.

does anyone have any additional information on him. What the rumors were that surrounded the case? Anything? His family misses him so much.

I have searched and searched the interent for news articles and I haev found nothing. It is so sad and very strange case. I feel so sad for his family. I think there is more then meets the eye to this case, although there is not much information out there about his disapearance. I understand they need to keep things sometimes quite, but it always seemed starnge that there was not a few more details...like where he was ealry what time he left home, who was the last to see him, what where his plans for that evening.

I think about Jeffrey & his famliy often. I saw a new post on this thread and hoped there was some new inforamtion about this case. It is too bad we didn't have more info there are some great sleuthers here too bad we cant help.

MistyGirl said:
I have searched and searched the interent for news articles and I haev found nothing. It is so sad and very strange case. I feel so sad for his family. I think there is more then meets the eye to this case, although there is not much information out there about his disapearance. I understand they need to keep things sometimes quite, but it always seemed starnge that there was not a few more details...like where he was ealry what time he left home, who was the last to see him, what where his plans for that evening.

I think about Jeffrey & his famliy often. I saw a new post on this thread and hoped there was some new inforamtion about this case. It is too bad we didn't have more info there are some great sleuthers here too bad we cant help.

Thanks, Misty! You can help. Pray for Jeffrey and those who search for him.

In fact, I would ask anyone who reads this to stop and say a prayer for Jeffrey. Please pray for his family, who love and miss him so much. Thanks y'all!

With love and hope, Lanie

thanks for posting.... I read all that I could find about him and said a prayer for him and his family. I hope that they recieve some answers soon. I will always continue to check back here in hopes that new information is recieved. I can't stop thinking about his family and friends. Thanks again for the post.

Missing Man Gone Four Years

http://www.kxii.com
1-29-05

It has been four years to the day since 18 year old Jeffrey Ben disappeared without a trace from Pushmataha County. On the anniversary of his disappearance, family and friends held a candlelight vigil, praying for answers to their unending questions.

People gathered in Clayton, Oklahoma Saturday evening for the vigil which included photos of Jeffrey and prayers from friends and family.

Jeffrey disappeared January 29th, 2001 on his way home from a Super Bowl party. Authorities discovered his truck abandoned in Pushmataha County, but there was no sign of the outgoing teenager. In the four years since he went missing, Jeffrey's mother has organized several vigils and concerts in his honor and hoping to keep his memory alive.

Law enforcement officials concede that the trail has gone cold, but they continue to hold out hope and say the case continues to be classified as "missing person."

http://www.kxii.com/home/headlines/1211067.html

Prayers for Jeffrey and all who love and miss him on this four year mark of his disappearance.

They're a lovely family, and I pray they find him soon.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

I saw someone had posted on this thread and thought "Oh maybe they found him" and clicked on this thread right away. Thanks for bumping this thread and putting his name back out there.

I did a little more searching on the internet again this morning for news articles etc about his case and I could not find a one.......they are only a few websites that have his web paged linked. It makes me sad to search and not find much information....it is so stragne that there is not one news article. I read his guest book entries on his website and it brings me to tears. I pray they find Jeffrey soon.

Thanks Misty. I'm forever searching for stuff on Jeffrey and I always come up blank. I did hear some whispers about his cousins being involved, but I don't know- you know how these things get blown out of proportion. I just think they don't have a clue what happened to him. He is so beautiful as well. I really hope they find him............x

emma l said:
Thanks Misty. I'm forever searching for stuff on Jeffrey and I always come up blank. I did hear some whispers about his cousins being involved, but I don't know- you know how these things get blown out of proportion. I just think they don't have a clue what happened to him. He is so beautiful as well. I really hope they find him............x
Hi Emma - if you ever find any info or hear anything please PM as I don't know much about the case and would like to know more. Like where was who was he with, was he out with friends doing something and onhis way home and disappread etc? All it says was he was last seen at 1:00 am...who was the last to see him? What were his plans left the house for the evening? Thanks!

Jeffrey's case is one that touched me deeply- the love that is shown is his sister's writings is so apparent. I pray that his family finds the answers to what happened to him soon.

"Hi Emma - if you ever find any info or hear anything please PM as I don't know much about the case and would like to know more. Like where was who was he with, was he out with friends doing something and onhis way home and disappread etc? All it says was he was last seen at 1:00 am...who was the last to see him? What were his plans left the house for the evening? Thanks"

I will do Misty- no problem. Just had a quick scan on google to find that old article on his cousins but I can't find it. Think (from memory) that he was on his way to or back from a party. Think I remember allegations of drugs being involved (not Jeffrey involved but maybe he stumbled across something or got caught up in something). Who knows- its weird that they found his car though.
I'll let you know if I hear anything.............x
ps Kelly I am very interested in the adopt a missing persons programme but I'm in the UK...........Think we really need something similar over here.

i was wondering if anyone knows any new news about this case. i recently came across and read his website and i feel so bad for his family - it has been a long time with no answers for them.

Hi Momof3,

I also visit Jeffreys website and check for updates. There havent ever been any as far as I can remember. It would seem that this is a complete mystery. Jeffery seemed to vanish into thin air. It is so puzzling...............

http://www.jeffreyben.com/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3