2009.04.23 Baez WESH Interview

joyceandjay

Reaction score
WESH-Channel 2's Bob Kealing will have an interview with Anthony attorney Jose Baez at 11 tonight. Anchor Martha Sugalski said at 11 last night that Baez "makes the case for why Casey could go free. We'll explore four areas in the case where Baez and other prominent players say reasonable doubt could exist. We're going to tell your what the key battleground is going to be."

I'm just curious what everyone thinks Baez will say that would possibly cause reasonable doubt.

Others have said perhaps he will rely heavily on the PI who video taped the area where sweet Caylee was found and at that time he found nothing.

OR
the fact that Caylee's body was finally discoverd in the woods while Casey was in jail.

Of course despite the fact that LE has confirmed the indentation on the ground was caused by the body being there for months.

No video, just an article here:

http://www.wesh.com/news/19266303/detail.html

Program note: On Friday at 11 p.m., Bob Kealing will talk with Baez about what was going on during the period before Caylee was reported missing.)
Copyright 2009 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved

1) because KC says so
2) because Cindy says so
3) because George says so
4) because Lee says so

:floorlaugh:

Thank you for clarifying that Bean E. I was having trouble with the four reasons…couldn’t for the life of me figure out his point. I’m not sure the four reasons will provide the jury with a feeling of comfort after they hear the 756 reasons she should be found guilty.

Here is the link to article on WESH about the interview.

Okay I just read the article...JB is going to focus on the woods because of all the prior activity. (Kronk and LE being there numerous times, a man,his name excapes me now, that found the bag of toys that he showed Cindy, the physic with dog and crew, and D. Casey tearing the area up.) He is going to try to muddy up the dump site, I think that is why he as asked for the cell records, to show mad activity there that can compromise any evidence that was collected there. Remember all the time that LE spent there maticulously collecting every scrap of evidence they could, and I might add, carefully photographed and observed by not only their agency but the media at large?
I think that this LE agency from the get go has handled this case so thoroughly along with the FBI that all of the questions that JB and the A's are trying to spin will be answered at the trial. I think they have tons of evidence from testimony from anyone who had contact with Casey for the last 2 years, to every comment made or still being made by her family, to the science from all the evidence collected in this case...even the air samples that they will try to debunk because it is new ground to be explored in a court of law.
Tox reports have not been released. Test results on the stains in the trunk-not released yet. Lots of evidence collected at the dump site and taken from the A home not released yet. And if I am correct in my assumtion, if it has not been released as discovery, JB does not have it yet.
The DP just put back on the table last week. I did see talk on the net about another doc dump. May be why LE moved to raise the stakes with the DP.

No video, just an article here:

Program note: On Friday at 11 p.m., Bob Kealing will talk with Baez about what was going on during the period before Caylee was reported missing.)
Copyright 2009 by WESH.COM. All rights reserved

There's video now, on right-hand side at top.
Baez's opening statement "I don't just represent Casey Anthony. I represent the presumption of innocence."

There's video now, on right-hand side at top.
Baez's opening statement "I don't just represent Casey Anthony. I represent the presumption of innocence."

Well folks, there it is in a nutshell. This whole "media blitz" these past 2 days with the Anthony's "breaking their silence" and Jose ALL espousing the "presumption of innocence"...he forgot to tack on that is in a court of law. There IS no presumption of Casey being innocent in MY book. She is guilty dead to rights. She killed her baby by whatever means, either an overdose, a drowning or a suffocation-however she did it-SHE DID IT! and then she drove around with her beautiful, innocent, precious baby in her TRUNK for days on end and then she threw her away like a piece of random trash one might throw out the car window! HE can "presume" her innocent all that he wants and it just don't make it so!:banghead:

He represents the reasons not to be a lawyer. At least an example of how not to act. With any luck when this case is over, he will not represent anyone or anything ever again.

QUESTION....has anyone heard about the status of the Judges or DC's complaint to the State Bar against JB?
I have heard that this can take some time to proceed,but I would think that it would be real easy to link him to the allegations made by DC.
Anyone?

He represents the reasons not to be a lawyer. At least an example of how not to act. With any luck when this case is over, he will not represent anyone or anything ever again.

Yes, I have had my fill of his foolishness and sophomoric antics to last me in my interest in crime and justice. I have been embarrased to watch him since "day one."

I watched Baez's interview and thought about the "4 points." How many murder cases have eyewitnesses to the murder? And he said the state has to prove a crime was committed..well a 2 year old doesn't just die, something happened and as Cindy so eloquently put it..."Caylee was with her mom," who else had opportunity? Caylee was not seen by any of her friends after she left her house with Caylee on the 15th. They cannot place Caylee with any of her friends or anybody else for that matter. Casey said she was with the nanny that didn't exist, that leaves Casey. Everything he says about the "junk science" is the same thing that was being said about DNA evidence when it was first used. And the state cannot say how Caylee died because Casey left her to decompose in the woods for 6 months and it would've been longer except Kronk found her. All of these same points could be made about the Scott Peterson case and we see where he sits..in prison. Hope Casey joins him!

FYI, on Nancy Grace's blog today it was said that AmyH filed papers to block access to her cell phone records and computer.

Also docs being released to the defense, pics of check cashing place and search warrants. Woo hoo!

I don't get what Baez is going for that will be believable to a jury. None of the phone records he's requesting will show that Casey is innocent. He knows this, why is he wasting his time? Wait! What am I thinking....let him waste his time and sink Casey's ship.

I don't get what Baez is going for that will be believable to a jury. None of the phone records he's requesting will show that Casey is innocent. He knows this, why is he wasting his time? Wait! What am I thinking....let him waste his time and sink Casey's ship.
The request for the phone records came after the complaints to the bar agains him IIRC. IMO he is first trying to cover his own butt in regards to D Casey's complaint and then to show all the activity around the dump site.

He sure likes to think he is one hot potato. Poor guy. I wonder who is pumping him up.

I agree with whoever said something is up! All this media attention from the Anthonys and now Baez is making a statement out of the blue? I think putting the DP back into play has everyone scared.

I agree with whoever said something is up! All this media attention from the Anthonys and now Baez is making a statement out of the blue? I think putting the DP back into play has everyone scared.

My guess is some serious well documented evidence has come back as well as some complicated and scientifically explored evidence is on the table. That is why, IMO the DP was put back on the table.
Me thinks a doc dump may be forthcoming.

Everyone but the one that needs to be. She is to busy ordering snacks.:banghead:

"He plans to vigorously attack the single hair found in Casey Anthony's car trunk that prosecutors say is proof a decomposing body was in there. He said his own expert Henry Lee found 17 hairs in the trunk that showed no signs of decomposition."

Well JB, let me dumb this down for you ... the hairs that do not show decomp were shed before Caylee died ... and the hair that does show the decomp was shed AFTER she died.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back