Specifically: Why were these questions not asked of Casey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seebra

Reaction score
I have been re-reading all older documents, including the transcript at Universal with KC.

KC was interrogated by LE at Universal. Why were these questions not asked - or were they asked and I somehow missed them. Would these have not forced an answer from KC that might have tripped her up?

1. She said she dropped Caylee off at ZFG's between 0900 and 1300 hours and proceeded to her place of employment. She said she returned to the apartment at 1700 hours to pick Caylee up.

Since they at this point established that KC did NOT WORK, why did they not ask her what she was doing and where she was from 1300 hours until 1700 hours (1-5PM)?

2. She said she received a phone call from Caylee on 7/15 around noon from a private number - ON THE PHONE she did not lose, but currently had in her possession. Why was she not called on this - that there is NO RECORDING from a private number on 7/15 at noon and in fact KC was texting other people and talking to known numbers during this time?

3. Fusian - KC said that she went to Fusian in the hopes of seeing ZFG or someone that knew her. Why, then, did LE not pursue this and ask her WHO she was looking for at Fusian that would know or have seen ZFG? Since Fusian was a club she only started going to with AL, how would she find ZFG there?

4. Why was she not asked about telling AL and others that Caylee was safe with CA during the same time she was supposedly with the nanny?

Not that with this liar anything could have come from this, but I definitely think one or two of these would have tripped KC up a bit if asked during those times before she had a chance to iron out her fabricated story.

These are all great questions but...

With the exception of the first question, they didn't know these details yet. They didn't have phone records, so they couldn't ask question 2, they didn't interview Tony yet so they couldn't ask question 4, with question 3, they didn't interview friends or Tony yet to know that she just started going to Fusian.

She would have lied anyways. Bold faced, without flinching. kept lying.

Also, I'm sure LE thought of many more relevant questions they could have asked her during that initial interrogation. I think they were shocked with what they had before them... a regular looking, sweet looking, all American young mom who is lying through her teeth, and they can't wear her down. Their frustration was apparent. I'm sure they wished they asked her why she needed a nanny at all.

Asking her questions was a waste - HUGE waste. At that point the more questions they asked the more useless, time-consuming, wild goose-chase lies they would get to investigate. Better to let her sit in jail flapping her mouth while they conducted a real investigation.

I've had some of these same thoughts too. Why didn't they ask her to narrow down what time she dropped Caylee off? No one gives a 4 hour time frame which, to me feels like some kind of a red flag or clue. Why didn't they ask more about the blackjack? Of course there are a lot of questions I have like where is the female officer's report that took something from the purse? Why does Mark F tell Greta Cindy denied a fight on the weekend of the 15th but Melich claims he said just the opposite. Why does one of the forms say a Caucasian woman is a black woman? There are nearly as many things on LE side that make no sense as on the other side.

I just wish that before KC found JB, and "protected" herself from answering questions, LE could have gotten more info from her - even more lies, which would work against her.

The #1 on my list is the one that has haunted me - it seems that NOONE, not her family, not LE, NOONE - has really gotten to the bottom of the fact that KC WAS NOT WORKING for two years when she claimed she was.

I can surmise where she was during those two years, but where she was during the 15th of June, from 1-5PM (when most of us believe she killed sweet Caylee) has NEVER been approached.

I also know that some things were not discovered at the time of the interrogation, but the fact that JL and JH supposedly worked for Universal and KC claimed they knew about Caylee and Zanny, why was this not pressed? I have heard of interrogations taking hours and hours - just seems to me she kind of got off easy - the door was open for her to try and perfect her story and come up with excuses as to why her stories weren't panning out.

I could kiss Yuri for getting her down to Universal in the first place and forcing her to admit she lied - I just wish they pressed on, wore her down, or at least collected more lies.

Like the phone she claimed to lose at Universal - now that they knew for a fact she didn't work there, where was the phone lost, KC? You didn't have another phone did you? Where did you buy it? When did you buy it? etc.etc.etc

Here's my take. I believe that Casey is an arrogant chameleon. Confronting a pathological person with facts and details that are contrary to their assertions is like nailing jello to the wall. By getting an arrogant chameleon:crazy: to talk (to LE) produces a trail of statements that make no sense and will produce a powerful image of deception and a lack of credibility at trial. I believe that LE knew exactly what they were dealing with.

Here's my take. I believe that Casey is an arrogant chameleon. Confronting a pathological person with facts and details that are contrary to their assertions is like nailing jello to the wall. By getting an arrogant chameleon:crazy: to talk (to LE) produces a trail of statements that make no sense and will produce a powerful image of deception and a lack of credibility at trial. I believe that LE knew exactly what they were dealing with.

I agree with you - HOWEVER, it also pleases me tremendously that THEY FORCED her to admit to a lie, walking down the Universal hallway, calling her bluff. IMO the only way to get to the bottom with a monster like KC is to force her into a corner.

I simply wanted more of those moments, and wonder why they didn't pursue them?

Not saying ANYTHING bad about LE - I think they're brilliant and the one reason I keep my faith that little Caylee will get justice.

But the Universal interview has always bugged me, from the start, just as the family visits to jail have bugged me - why is this monster allowed to get away with the lies she's been spreading like a virus to anyone within hearing distance.

ESPECIALLY - once they're in the room, knowing that she lied - my own first question to her would have been - "OK, we know that you don't work here, and haven't for the last two years. So when you dropped Caylee off with the nanny, WHERE DID YOU GO UNTIL 5PM?"

Let her invent a tall tale. Then BOOM - there's phone records that prove more lies, more deceipt, etc. because they eventually got the pings.

I wish they had ask the question where she was since she has no job why have a nanny in the 1st place at least her answer(lie) would have been on record..

I agree with you - HOWEVER, it also pleases me tremendously that THEY FORCED her to admit to a lie, walking down the Universal hallway, calling her bluff. IMO the only way to get to the bottom with a monster like KC is to force her into a corner.

I simply wanted more of those moments, and wonder why they didn't pursue them?

Not saying ANYTHING bad about LE - I think they're brilliant and the one reason I keep my faith that little Caylee will get justice.

But the Universal interview has always bugged me, from the start, just as the family visits to jail have bugged me - why is this monster allowed to get away with the lies she's been spreading like a virus to anyone within hearing distance.

ESPECIALLY - once they're in the room, knowing that she lied - my own first question to her would have been - "OK, we know that you don't work here, and haven't for the last two years. So when you dropped Caylee off with the nanny, WHERE DID YOU GO UNTIL 5PM?"

I think they only needed one lie to charge her, and I agree it would have made more useless work for them.

I wish they had ask the question where she was since she has no job why have a nanny in the 1st place at least her answer(lie) would have been on record..

Exactly - this is the type of info I am wondering about - so that it is on record, and thus completely subject to disprove at a later time.

I am wondering why KC didn't immediately ask for a lawyer and why she kept on talking and digging herself further in the hole. I am HAPPY she did, but I wonder if JB will argue this intterogation.

Also I think the detectives were treading lightly not wanting her to ask for a lawyer and stop talking. YURI was indeed upset and he kept offering her a way out, but she kept up her lies and when asked a direct question of why she lied she would answer, she just went "uh huh"..

The thing is, she was such an acomplished liar, like JG said, diabolical. her own parents could not get her to admit truth her whole life. She has lied to dozens of men, why would these guys be any different? She was using the only skill she had. And she had talked her way out of everything before, that's what she thought she was doing now. It had always worked for her.

I am wondering why KC didn't immediately ask for a lawyer and why she kept on talking and digging herself further in the hole. I am HAPPY she did, but I wonder if JB will argue this intterogation.

Also I think the detectives were treading lightly not wanting her to ask for a lawyer and stop talking. YURI was indeed upset and he kept offering her a way out, but she kept up her lies and when asked a direct question of why she lied she would answer, she just went "uh huh"..

but they were asking questions about the kidnapping she was not under arrest no need to ask for a lawyer ...now in the minds of the detectives i'm sure she was a suspect but did she know that?

Remember the old saying

"Ask no questions - hear no lies"

Whilst accumulating a sackful of lies would help impeach KC's story, it also provides 'answers' to the questions that the public (jury) will ask of themselves too.

Giving KC the opportunity to at least offer up an explanation means the defense won't need to address those issues at trial, they'd simply have to explain away the lies as - tired, stressed, grieving etc (a la CA).

With NO answers to these screaming questions, the defense will need to pre-empt them before a jury, and explain them WITHOUT putting KC on the stand.

Leaving all these questions unasked (and unnanswered yet) allows the SA to ask them at trial and likely get a bunch of lies or 'dunno' from witnesses at trial. Both will be damaging to KC and personally I feel that saving some questions for trial is a stroke of genius by the SA - given the Sunshine Laws already gives everyone what they already have.

After the fact and having watched both CA and KC interact with different peeps-----I would love to rewind and have a women interview these 2. They both think they have a power over men. Probably do some men. But I bet the reactions would have been different with women. I would love to have Morgan bring in a woman. I can see inside CA's head, upon seeing a woman in charge----"OH CHIT" factor would be front and center. Can't wait til the trial when Linda what's her name gets hold of CA.

Remember the old saying

"Ask no questions - hear no lies"

Whilst accumulating a sackful of lies would help impeach KC's story, it also provides 'answers' to the questions that the public (jury) will ask of themselves too.

Giving KC the opportunity to at least offer up an explanation means the defense won't need to address those issues at trial, they'd simply have to explain away the lies as - tired, stressed, grieving etc (a la CA).

With NO answers to these screaming questions, the defense will need to pre-empt them before a jury, and explain them WITHOUT putting KC on the stand.

Leaving all these questions unasked (and unnanswered yet) allows the SA to ask them at trial and likely get a bunch of lies or 'dunno' from witnesses at trial. Both will be damaging to KC and personally I feel that saving some questions for trial is a stroke of genius by the SA - given the Sunshine Laws already gives everyone what they already have.

Perfect response and exactly what I was hoping for - so in other words, they may have wanted the answqers to certain questions but held off on asking them once they knew the defendant's tendency to lie, only to have them saved for trial and drop that "bombshell" to catch the liar in her lies?

So awesome if that's true - and brilliant move. I'm sure the detectives know more than I do when it comes to questioning, but it's so frustrating to here her get away with lie afte lie after lie because it seems that she wears people down and not vice versa.

After the fact and having watched both CA and KC interact with different peeps-----I would love to rewind and have a women interview these 2. They both think they have a power over men. Probably do some men. But I bet the reactions would have been different with women. I would love to have Morgan bring in a woman. I can see inside CA's head, upon seeing a woman in charge----"OH CHIT" factor would be front and center. Can't wait til the trial when Linda what's her name gets hold of CA.

Wish I could thank multiple times. I saw KC flirt with everyone (all men), even on October 14 during her indictment for murder.

I also wondered what it would be like to have a woman interrogate her? Just tells me that LE knew KC pretty well to surround her with men. Perhaps thinking they could get more info from her than women could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member