Midsi Sanchez, kidnap vicitm who helped Sandra, in horrible crash!

nursebeeme

Reaction score
The Vallejo girl who made national headlines when she escaped from kidnapper Curtis Dean Anderson in 2000 was seriously injured early today in a pickup truck crash, authorities said.

Midsi Sanchez, 16, was ejected from the passenger side of a 2006 Toyota Tundra on the 600 block of Columbus Parkway in Vallejo (links.sfgate.com/ZGYT) shortly after 2 a.m., authorities said.
The crash happened when the driver of the truck, a 20-year-old Vallejo woman, lost control while traveling southbound and crossed over the center median, police said. The truck hit a streetlight before crossing into the northbound lanes and overturning.
Sanchez was flown to John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, where she was being treated for major injuries.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/05/01/BAPS17D0NB.DTL&tsp=1

Prayers for Midsi! She is a fighter and a survivor! May that spirit continue to shine through as she recovers from her injuries.

Salem

How horrible! After all she's been through and what she's making of her life... I'm really praying for her. We need people like her here with us.

I know that "major injuries" is a general term, but would someone with a medical background explain what kind of injuries are called "major," "moderate," and "mild?" Does the extent of the injuries factor into that? I'm trying to get into my head what condition she's in. I feel so sorry for her family. They came so close to losing her once already...

Speaking by phone from Walnut Creek's John Muir Medical Center, Sanchez's legal guardian Mary Wilson Simmons said the teenager's injuries include a

broken neck and a punctured lung.

"She could feel me when I touched her toes and she was able to wiggle her fingers and toes," though she was being kept as stationary as possible, Wilson Simmons said. Her long-term prognosis was unclear Friday.

Posted: 05/02/2009 01:01:11 AM PDT
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_12279228?source=most_viewed

How did this teenager help Sandra?

She spoke at vigils for hope, and set up fliers everywhere.

"She jumped to action, speaking out about her kidnapping experience, urging the Cantu family to stay strong and even holding a candlelight vigil in Vallejo to publicize the case."

"She happened to be in Tracy soon after Sandra went missing and told reporters that seeing the little girl's photo on fliers made her realize that she was once the little girl that everyone in the Bay Area was looking for."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_12272584?source=most_viewed

She spoke at vigils for hope, and set up fliers everywhere.

"She jumped to action, speaking out about her kidnapping experience, urging the Cantu family to stay strong and even holding a candlelight vigil in Vallejo to publicize the case."

"She happened to be in Tracy soon after Sandra went missing and told reporters that seeing the little girl's photo on fliers made her realize that she was once the little girl that everyone in the Bay Area was looking for."

http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_12272584?source=most_viewed

I still think the title of the thread may need to be reworded, to avoid confusion. At first, I thought that Midsi had aided Sandra during an auto crash.

Nevertheless, great thread!

But the 16-year-old is in good spirits, though she's facing surgery on a broken neck, a family spokeswoman said.

Sanchez was thrown from the vehicle and suffered a broken right elbow, a collapsed lung and a possible broken left arm, in addition to the broken neck,Wilson Simmons said.
"They already adjusted and fixed her nose, which was broken in the crash, and did some cosmetic surgery to repair a gash in her forehead," she said. "Her face looks beautiful."

http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12299020?nclick_check=1

Gracias Nursebeeme for posting this, if you hadn't I probably wouldn't have known and been able to send my thoughts and pryers to this survivor. She is an inspiration to everyone who has been violated by strangers, friends or family to live as a survivor and not a victim.
Doesn't sound like it is going to be an easy recovery for her, with a spirit like her's I know she will make it through. I pray that Midsi has only the very, very best and brightest that life has to offer in her future!
:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:Get Well Soon Midsi!:balloons::balloons::balloons::balloons:

:beats:daisy.faithfull​

So sad to hear this news. But at least it looks as if she is in good hands and will recover. The poor girl, what a spirit.

I've been searching the web for info abut how Midsi is doing and I can't find anything :(. Has anyone seen or heard anything? I was also wondering if there were any sites where we could send her best wishes? Thank you!

I have to say that this poor girl has seen her share of misery and I hope and pray it stops. That being said WHAT is she doing in a car at 16 y/o with two females 20 y.o where alcohol is a factor being driven at speeds up to 80 mph down Columbus pkwy at 2am? I know that road and they could have very easily killed someone in this DWI. I say this with the best of intentions - Midsi - this is a wakeup call as to who you're hanging out with. DId you survive earlier horrors for this? Sandra must have been up there looking out for you girl, this is as close a call as it gets. Get better and wake up!

I have to say that this poor girl has seen her share of misery and I hope and pray it stops. That being said WHAT is she doing in a car at 16 y/o with two females 20 y.o where alcohol is a factor being driven at speeds up to 80 mph down Columbus pkwy at 2am? I know that road and they could have very easily killed someone in this DWI. I say this with the best of intentions - Midsi - this is a wakeup call as to who you're hanging out with. DId you survive earlier horrors for this? Sandra must have been up there looking out for you girl, this is as close a call as it gets. Get better and wake up!

I understand where you are coming from and respect your opinion, but I would like to add that this should also be a wake up call to Midsi's guardians as well that they are not providing her with the support she needs.

I can't even imagine the shame Midsi feels. This incident says to me that this shame is capable of overshadowing the tremendous strength and courage Midsi was able to draw upon as a result of that crime and continues to draw upon to provide a light at the end of a very dark tunnel for people like the Cantu's. I pray that she can find peace and can recognize that strength. I pray also that those responsible for her well being will draw upon their own strength to provide Midsi with the love and support she needs and deserves.

If her guardians are unable to provide this type of support then social services needs to step in and fill in the gaps ASAP.

My husband and I just watched her story on the ID channel. We were both brought to tears over the bravery and inspiration this young woman has displayed in her young years.

What she went through is unimaginable, and yet here she is a mother, working 3 jobs and a victims advocate.

Kidnapping survivor Midsi Sanchez focus of show

"I get offers to do these shows ever once in a while," she said Thursday. "I don't really like to tell all the details of what happened to me, I like to focus on the escape and things that might benefit others, and this was one of those."

Now the mother of a 3-year-old daughter and working three jobs as well as volunteering with families of missing children, Sanchez said participating in the show was a positive experience.

http://www.thereporter.com/ci_23010399/kidnapping-survivor-midsi-sanchez-focus-show

Much more at link

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back