GUILTY MD - Thomas Perrera for exposing women to HIV, Germantown, 2009

Maya Love

I've been warped by the rain, driven by the snow
Reaction score
I don't understand this! Why would this man do this? Is he mentally ill? Just evil?
This story is local to me and it makes me so sick to my stomach.

Thomas James Perrera, 28, of Germantown is accused of exposing women he meets online to HIV.Perrera has known for 10 years that he has HIV, according to charging documents in the 2005 case and court documents filed earlier this month in the 2009 case.

http://www.gazette.net/stories/04292009/olnenew224526_32536.shtml

I covered a case like this several years ago where the man who had HIV would sleep with women and then tell them the next day that he was HIV positive.

The really sad part for me was that this creep had a very young girlfriend that was pregnant.

He got sentenced to prison.

Two problems here. One we have a man that is positive and has known that for a very long time but yet chooses expose his partners to that infection. I have no clue as to why he would do that. He served time for doing it before.

Second problem will sound as if I'm blaming the victim~ I'm not.

I wonder why a condom was not used? In this day and age, with all of the public education about this virus available to most (in fact, we are inundated with that information) why would anyone engage in sex of any nature without protections? I'm sorry for these victims. What a burden to bear for a moment's pleasure for the rest of one's life. Very sad.

Two problems here. One we have a man that is positive and has known that for a very long time but yet chooses expose his partners to that infection. I have no clue as to why he would do that. He served time for doing it before.

Second problem will sound as if I'm blaming the victim~ I'm not.

I wonder why a condom was not used? In this day and age, with all of the public education about this virus available to most (in fact, we are inundated with that information) why would anyone engage in sex of any nature without protections? I'm sorry for these victims. What a burden to bear for a moment's pleasure for the rest of one's life. Very sad.

Agree with both of you: 1) He belongs in jail-- forever. Others have been incarcerated for the same crime, and 2) No glove, no love. A tisket, a tasket, a condom or a casket.

Agree with both of you: 1) He belongs in jail-- forever. Others have been incarcerated for the same crime, and 2) No glove, no love. A tisket, a tasket, a condom or a casket.

:clap::clap::clap:

I think people like this do it to get back at society, pass the disease along. I think it is pure evil. They feel they caught the disease, and so they will ruin someone else's life too.

I met a young man many, many years ago. He had Herpe's and told me his only goal was to bed me so he could pass it on to me as it was active.....:crazy::mad:
Needless to say, I threw him out the door. Maybe I should have called the police but what could they have done. It is just pure evil.

He should be locked up for life.

Cheers
Gozgals

Not that I condone what this man is doing because I am not, but why would you not take precautions with someone you just met? Me and my DH both got tested before we ever had sex.

Not that I condone what this man is doing because I am not, but why would you not take precautions with someone you just met? Me and my DH both got tested before we ever had sex.

I don't think u are posting to me because I never bed strangers and I knew the young man. Many do bed strangers though. These women he goes after probably take no precautions but that still does not mean one should blame the victim, but you may. Sure, they are wrong for not protecting themselves, but it is still his fault for trying to spread AIDS.

Some people are just not very educated. It does not mean they deserve a death sentence. (JMO)

Always
Gozgals

I would never blame the victim, I was just saying I don't understand the mindset of women who sleep with men that they hardly know without protection.

I would never blame the victim, I was just saying I don't understand the mindset of women who sleep with men that they hardly know without protection.

Truly, I don't either. It's a dangerous game to play.
Somehow society needs more education to help stop this trend yet I never believe it will stop.

Good evening to you.

Always
Gozgals

No matter how much education we get some will refuse to protect themselves. Some guys refuse to wear a condom...if the female is drinking all common sense probably goes out the window. Some just don't think they will ever get something like Aids. It isn't going to change. I can't see how there is anyone left in this world that isn't educated about HIV/AIDS. It's like the women of all ages having babys. Some will say they just didn't think they would end up pregnant and some will have the above excuses but regardless of how much birth control is out there and how educated everyone is there are still females coming up pregnant.

From March 2010:

http://ww2.gazette.net/stories/03102010/germnew192118_32555.php

In a landmark case, a Montgomery County Circuit Court judge sentenced a Germantown man Monday to 18 months in prison for reckless endangerment after he knowingly exposed a woman he met online to human immunodeficiency virus, or HIV, by having intercourse with her.

"It's just very, very sad," said the victim's mother, whose daughter was an 18-year-old recent high school graduate in 2008 when she met Thomas James Perrera III, 29, on Facebook, a social networking Web site. "She was on the right path and moving in the right direction for the rest of her life and this has completely damaged her"...

The 19-year-old found out two months into the relationship that Perrera had the virus, said her mother, who got a bad feeling when she met the man, looked up his criminal history, confronted her daughter then engaged the help of police, who also told her that Perrera was a gang member.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back