MN MN - Jaques Dortch, 18, St Paul, 25 Oct 2008

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by: Trino, moved here for discussion...
The case of Jaques Dortch should be added to the list of unsolved murders. I had her as a student and am sorry that her case has not received more recognition.

Family points to gang crossfire in death of St. Paul teen
Jaques Dortch, 18, was found dead after the car she was in was shot at on the East Side. The driver of the car was wounded. Police have not commented on motive.
By CHAO XIONG, Star Tribune

Jaques Dortch was an innocent victim caught in the middle of gang warfare when she was shot and killed Saturday night on the East Side of St. Paul, her mother said.
"She was really bright, really happy," her mother, Jah'ne Dortch, said from her front yard in the Dayton's Bluff neighborhood. "She was always trying to help me around the house." More...

Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call St. Paul police at 651-291-1111 or Crime Stoppers, 1-800-222-8477.

It's been 3 1/2 yrs since Jaques was shot, yet there has been no development in this case. It's rumored that LE and others know the shooter(s) but w/o testimony are unable to charge anyone. This is, undoubtedly, gang related, and people are frightened to talk. Sad that a young woman died, yet no one has conscience enought to speak up.

This murder was committed on 10/25/2008. Still no one charged. I don't see why this St. Paul, MN case has not received publicity.

It's been two years since my last post, and absolutely nothing has changed in finding who killed this young woman. She is African American. Is this making a difference in publicity? I'm dumbfounded at this situation.

found this article after searching her name: http://www.twincities.com/crime/ci_26420324/several-shots-fired-lot-bystander-hit

names the other occupant of the car she was in, and it says he was a member of the 'east side boys' gang which kind of makes me think it could have been another gang targeting him.

Someone probably knows who fired the gun, but i don't think it's likely one of the members will snitch or come forward.

Nearly 10 years have passed, and no one has been held responsible. Most likely, it was gang related, but it's time LE put pressure on somebody.

So sad the murder of this young girl is still unanswered. Makes you wonder how some people can sleep at night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SGS3030
Back