Sheri Coleman, sons Garett and Gavin murdered 5-5-09, Columbia, IL. Pt1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
snips

An Illinois father found the bodies of his wife and two young children Tuesday morning after returning home from work, authorities said.
Investigators were withholding additional details, including the names of the victims discovered Tuesday in a two-story home in Columbia. A neighbor told St. Louis FOX affiliate KTVI that homeowner Chris Coleman was returning from his overnight shift at Joyce Meyers Ministries to find his wife and two sons dead at about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Neighbors said the Colemans had been receiving threatening letters, and that their mailbox had been tampered with in the last week or so.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519020,00.html

Investigating triple homicide. Asking for public help. Not discussing motive or evidence at scene. Autopsy being conducted as they speak, no cause of death but manner of death is homicide.

Too early to speculate motive. Following leads. I couldn't hear question.

Not confirming condition of house inside. Can confirm there was police interaction prior to this. Not to say it's connected. LE is looking at that though.

Family had interaction with unknown individual. Not sure a crime was commited, but family wanted things documented.

Need autopsy to narrow down time of death.

Husband was involved with......couldn't hear the rest.

Strangling seems very personal. Good detailed article at the below link:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...E3D3A51987E00AF8862575AD004CF008?OpenDocument

(snip)
Neighbors say they were told the victims appeared to have been strangled.

After entering the home, a neighbor said he saw Chris Coleman, in his driveway, distraught and flailing his arms. Two police officers had to hold him back. Neighbors say the husband, who works security for Joyce Meyer Ministries, had received threatening letters targeting his family.

Detectives spent hours this morning sifting through trash cans up and down the block. From one garbage container, police confiscated a pair of stained surgical pants. Police also opened and searched manholes up and down the block.

http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stor...s-090505-columbia-investigation.2015271d.html

(snips)
Sources tell News 4's Laurie Waters that the family had been receiving threatening letters for about six months. Sources tell News 4 that the message, "I told you this would happen" was spray painted on a wall of the home.

Neighbors say he was frantically waving and distraught in the driveway with police officers trying to calm him down. He was taken away in an ambulance. Neighbors also told News 4 that the family was receiving threats, notes in the mailbox. The family had installed security cameras inside and outside the home. Those cameras may have captured evidence that would be very important in the case.

I hate to go here so soon, but IMO, the letters and spray painting on the wall seem so...staged, like out of a movie. Now IF the cameras show something different I'll take that back. But it wouldn't shock me to find out that the cameras were conveniently not working.

Also, at one of the above links, it's stated that the Coleman's repeatedly tried to sell the home, were having financial problems and that Chris' wife's name was removed from the mortgage. I wonder what was behind that?

I haven't read any of the links but my initial reaction is that the father set the whole thing up starting with threatening letters six months ago. The whole thing sounds too weird, especially the writing on the wall. I'll probably be eating crow after I read /watch the links...

SuziQ ---I see you posted a similar reaction.

I haven't read any of the links but my initial reaction is that the father set the whole thing up starting with threatening letters six months ago. The whole thing sounds too weird, especially the writing on the wall. I'll probably be eating crow after I read /watch the links...

SuziQ ---I see you posted a similar reaction.

lol, it's nice to not be alone in an opinion.

Now we just need to know who the girlfriend is...I kid I kid!

It's like these cases follow the same script though. Like the jogging housewives syndrome.....

The husband came home at 7:00am??

I hate to go here so soon, but IMO, the letters and spray painting on the wall seem so...staged, like out of a movie. Now IF the cameras show something different I'll take that back. But it wouldn't shock me to find out that the cameras were conveniently not working.

Also, at one of the above links, it's stated that the Coleman's repeatedly tried to sell the home, were having financial problems and that Chris' wife's name was removed from the mortgage. I wonder what was behind that?
I don't think it is too soon. I agree on the surface it already appears the perp will end up being Chris Coleman.

Add to what you stated...he also found the bodies, told his neighbors about the "threatening letters", and being the "Security Chief"...I bet we find he had a way to leave his work during the night. Sounds to me like he had been planning this for awhile and probably killed them as they slept.

I am waiting on what her family has to say (have we heard from them at all?). I expect to hear she was leaving him and taking the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member