Friend of family saw Caylee June 12th...maybe?

aafromaa

Reaction score
Please share any information you have about this statement and any sources you can cite will be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I know...

This was reported and posted on very early on - since July 17th or 18th if I'm not mistaken - which means everyone thought Caylee had been missing since June 9th so a sighting on the 12th by someone who knew her was very important at that time - until the June 15th video surfaced anyway.

Most posts I've seen are similar in that they say that GA was the one who said this although one report did say it was a friend of CA's as opposed to simply a family friend as all others seem to say.

Some reports and posts go on to say that she was wearing a pink & blue outfit and white rimmed sunglasses. This is part of what I'm trying to verify. I now think this may have been a misunderstanding of a news report that wasn't very well written and most every post since then has included it. It had a paragraph on the family friend seeing Caylee on June 12th at a shopping mall near the Orange Seminole county line and then a separate sentence which says that Caylee was last seen wearing a blue and pink outfit and white rimmed sunglasses. I think that may have been misunderstood to be what she was seen wearing that day when the reporter might have actually been referring to GA's description of what he last saw her wearing - supposedly on June 16th. I've even said that in a post or two myself but now am trying to find out what the friend(s) of the family did actually say.

The pings do not show KC near the Orange/Seminole county line on the 12th but I think they do on the 9th - near Tom's Auto in Fern's Park.

Here's why I want more information. I've wondered for some time if GA actually saw Caylee on the afternoon of the 16th. I do not think he is lying about it but may be mistaken. I think it is possible that the description he gave of her was from when he saw her & KC leaving on some earlier date.

To be honest, I had thought that date was June 12th because I was under the impression that the family friend who spotted Caylee that day had described her wearing the same thing GA saw her leaving in and I thought it unlikely that she would be wearing the same thing 4 days later. However, when someone on WS pointed out to me that the pings didn't support a 6/12 sighting near the Seminole line, I got curious and started looking into this further. I think it is possible that GA saw Caylee in that outfit on the 9th which was also a Monday and he would have had a similar schedule as on the 16th and the same day the pings would support KC being near the Seminole line and will be even more convinced of this if the friend(s) did actually say she was wearing a pink & blue outfit & white rimmed sunglasses.

So I am looking for any information about what the family friend said, what GA said the family friend said, and what GA might have said about the last time he saw her in any statements or interviews during those first several days before the revelation of the Mt Dora trip on 6/15 came to light - a link to a report or transcript would be very helpful and a link to an audio or video of GA talking about the friend of the family and the 12th of June would just about make my day!

I've been re-reading and re-viewing and re-listening for days and all I've done is drive myself nuts so I though I'd ask you all for your help. I'll give 10 points to the best answer - no, wait, that's another website - I'll just be forever grateful!

Please share any information you have about this statement and any sources you can cite will be greatly appreciated.

Here's what I know...

This was reported and posted on very early on - since July 17th or 18th if I'm not mistaken - which means everyone thought Caylee had been missing since June 9th so a sighting on the 12th by someone who knew her was very important at that time - until the June 15th video surfaced anyway.

Most posts I've seen are similar in that they say that GA was the one who said this although one report did say it was a friend of CA's as opposed to simply a family friend as all others seem to say.

Some reports and posts go on to say that she was wearing a pink & blue outfit and white rimmed sunglasses. This is part of what I'm trying to verify. I now think this may have been a misunderstanding of a news report that wasn't very well written and most every post since then has included it. It had a paragraph on the family friend seeing Caylee on June 12th at a shopping mall near the Orange Seminole county line and then a separate sentence which says that Caylee was last seen wearing a blue and pink outfit and white rimmed sunglasses. I think that may have been misunderstood to be what she was seen wearing that day when the reporter might have actually been referring to GA's description of what he last saw her wearing - supposedly on June 16th. I've even said that in a post or two myself but now am trying to find out what the friend(s) of the family did actually say.

The pings do not show KC near the Orange/Seminole county line on the 12th but I think they do on the 9th - near Tom's Auto in Fern's Park.

Here's why I want more information. I've wondered for some time if GA actually saw Caylee on the afternoon of the 16th. I do not think he is lying about it but may be mistaken. I think it is possible that the description he gave of her was from when he saw her & KC leaving on some earlier date.

To be honest, I had thought that date was June 12th because I was under the impression that the family friend who spotted Caylee that day had described her wearing the same thing GA saw her leaving in and I thought it unlikely that she would be wearing the same thing 4 days later. However, when someone on WS pointed out to me that the pings didn't support a 6/12 sighting near the Seminole line, I got curious and started looking into this further. I think it is possible that GA saw Caylee in that outfit on the 9th which was also a Monday and he would have had a similar schedule as on the 16th and the same day the pings would support KC being near the Seminole line and will be even more convinced of this if the friend(s) did actually say she was wearing a pink & blue outfit & white rimmed sunglasses.

So I am looking for any information about what the family friend said, what GA said the family friend said, and what GA might have said about the last time he saw her in any statements or interviews during those first several days before the revelation of the Mt Dora trip on 6/15 came to light - a link to a report or transcript would be very helpful and a link to an audio or video of GA talking about the friend of the family and the 12th of June would just about make my day!

I've been re-reading and re-viewing and re-listening for days and all I've done is drive myself nuts so I though I'd ask you all for your help. I'll give 10 points to the best answer - no, wait, that's another website - I'll just be forever grateful!
I thought there was a description of what she was wearing on the website...or posters that went out (?)

ETA: also the initial reports. Why do I remember a denim skirt? Going to check. *** Nope denim shorts...http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/statement-given-to-police-by-casey-anthony-on-71608/

I totally agree with you on the fact that I don't think George saw her on the 16th. I think he is not lying, just mistaken.

It makes sense to me that the deed was done after the fight on the 15th in a fit of rage, so to speak.

So far these two people are the only ones I have come up with. Still looking.

Kristina C. Claimed to be Casey Anthony's best friend, and one of the first people Casey talked to from jail after her first arrest in the case. Told investigators Casey and Caylee had been to her house on either June 12, 13 or 14, and they had all gone on a walk together.

Clint H. Former business partner and roommate of Anthony Lazzaro. Told law enforcement that Casey was on her laptop “doing work” all the time when she was at the apartment, though most of what he saw was her on Facebook. Said Casey talked about the babysitter, but never by name, and no babysitter came to apartment to drop off or pick up Caylee. Said he last saw Caylee June 13, 2008. It was after he came forward with that statement that the Anthony family changed their story, and told about Caylee visiting her great-grandfather at the nursing home.

Kristina C. Claimed to be Casey Anthony's best friend, and one of the first people Casey talked to from jail after her first arrest in the case. Told investigators Casey and Caylee had been to her house on either June 12, 13 or 14, and they had all gone on a walk together.

Clint H. Former business partner and roommate of Anthony Lazzaro. Told law enforcement that Casey was on her laptop “doing work” all the time when she was at the apartment, though most of what he saw was her on Facebook. Said Casey talked about the babysitter, but never by name, and no babysitter came to apartment to drop off or pick up Caylee. Said he last saw Caylee June 13, 2008. It was after he came forward with that statement that the Anthony family changed their story, and told about Caylee visiting her great-grandfather at the nursing home.
I thought it was a friend's mother that may have seen her at the Mall as well...just not sure they actually gave a description of what Caylee was wearing.

I thought it was a friend's mother that may have seen her at the Mall as well...just not sure they actually gave a description of what Caylee was wearing.

You're right about a description of clothing. I haven't yet been able to look up LE interviews of either of above to see if there is a description or if they've been included in a doc dump yet. I know Clint's girlfriend Maria K. also says she remembers seeing Caylee on June 12 or 13. If I find any other descriptions of that date or Clint or Kristina's descriptions I'll pass it on.

Attachments

• GA June 12.JPG
    GA June 12.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 18
This is all I found re statement of 'friend of family'

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/7/17/caylee_marie_anthony_disappearance_timeline.html

statement by GA near bottom of the page.
Yes, Noddy, thank you - this is one of the places that I read the statement about the description of the clothes she was supposedly wearing on the 12th when seen by the friend of the family.

However, I can't find where GA actually made the statement about the friend of the family that everyone is referring to and I really want to know exactly what he said in regards to clothing she was wearing.

By the way, I'm quite sure that he made the statement about the 12th on camera in those early days but I do not know if it was local news or NG or GVS or what and I do not know if he said anything about a description given to him by a family friend.

I thought there was a description of what she was wearing on the website...or posters that went out (?)

ETA: also the initial reports. Why do I remember a denim skirt? Going to check. *** Nope denim shorts...http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/statement-given-to-police-by-casey-anthony-on-71608/
RR, Yes I think you're right about descriptions on posters and websites but I think that was taken from what GA said he saw her wearing on the 16th when he says he saw KC & Caylee leaving with backpacks shortly before KC said she dropped Caylee at Sawgrass with Zani.

(As for the denim - I can easily see that being described as "blue" - but as for KC's statement and description, I think she was just trying to mimick GA's description because she was saying that she dropped her off between 2 and 5 after he said he saw her at 12:50 so KC needed to say she was wearing whatever GA said she was wearing.)

A little OT on KC's statement - she says she got a call from Zani on 6/12. I can't decide if this means there is something significant about 6/12 itself or if there was something significant about the Thursday after Caylee was last seen which we now know would be Thursday the 19th.

I totally agree with you on the fact that I don't think George saw her on the 16th. I think he is not lying, just mistaken.

It makes sense to me that the deed was done after the fight on the 15th in a fit of rage, so to speak.

That makes the best sense to me, too.

But, IIRC, the ping maps had KC in the house, that night.

RR, the only friend's mother I can recall was MH's mother AC who saw KC at a Target (I believe on 7/10) when she wrote one of AH's checks - and there was no Caylee.

If you have more information about another friend's mother, please point me in the right direction. Thank You!

Brini, yes the pings had her "near" the A's home but I'm not so sure that means "at" the A's home. I'm not sure if Starbucks is right or not but I've been wondering about the night of the 15th for a while now. I had dismissed it early on because GA was so certain he say Caylee on the 16th but the more I look at this the more I am convinced he was mistaken on the date.

Thanks.. I will go over Clint's interview with a fine tooth comb and put it in my timeline. I have Caylee with Casey for a time on Friday but we have a witness saying Caylee was with her Grandma that night in the Anon call.

She could have been home, or at Lee's house, or around the corner in a parking lot, we don't know.

Brini, yes the pings had her "near" the A's home but I'm not so sure that means "at" the A's home. I'm not sure if Starbucks is right or not but I've been wondering about the night of the 15th for a while now. I had dismissed it early on because GA was so certain he say Caylee on the 16th but the more I look at this the more I am convinced he was mistaken on the date.

I have the same problem. Ping maps notwithstanding. I can't imagine KC not stomping out, after such a nasty fight. I think she killed Caylee on the 15th.

Here's what I know...

Ah, aafromaa...you're a sleuther after my own heart :thumb:

Lemme see if I can help.

1) I've never seen the detail providing more information about the family friend, nor do I recall seeing George making these comments...only the print media as has been so kindly provided by another poster. I'm not suggesting that stuff doesn't exist...I just haven't seen it.

2) ITTA there are details that have been confused along the way in this account. IOW...I'd allow that the description of what Caylee was wearing @ the mall to have been grafted onto the description George gave when he stated he last saw Caylee. Happens all the time in media reports.

3) Although it isn't near the Seminole County Line, the best independent evidence that I am aware of that ties to this account is that some family friend (still unknown) spotted Caylee @ the Mall of Millenia (southwest side of town vs. northeast nearer Seminole County FYI), when Tony met Casey and Caylee there when he was passing out flyers advertising for his upcoming hip-hop-showcase event @ Fusian. He did this on 6/11 and then treated them to a late lunch/early dinner @ Cheesecake Factory. The pings support this happening on 6/11 between 2:20PM-7:10PM that day. Thanks to Shadow of My Mind :blowkiss: I'm able to provide you w/ the link to Tony's interview in which he provides the details. Tony apparently met Caylee & Casey @ G&C's that afternoon before going to the mall. See handwritten page numbers 1008-1011

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540075.pdf

4) IMHO, George's statement of last seeing Caylee was indeed what he witnessed on 6/9. There's a thread here on the Case Analysis forum entitled something like, "6/16 vs. 6/9 Why the discrepancy" where I've given the reasons why I believe this to be the case (w/o suggessting whether or not it was intentionally transposed on George's part). In short, the two dates were very similar from George's POV. On a bit of a tangent. A lesser known fact is that George called the home phone @ 3:03PM on 6/16 and waited 17seconds before hanging up and calling Casey on her cell phone @ 3:04PM. I speculate the only reason George would do this is that when he left for work 6/16 Casey (and Caylee...alive or not) were @ the Hopespring Dr. home. See the thread described above if you're interested in more.

5) Also on a tangent, the best candidate for Kristina C.'s walk w/ Caylee & Casey was actually around JB Park (vs. Lake Underhill) 6/13 between 8-9PM per the pings before Casey showed up @ Fusian. See the "Kristina C..."thread in the main forum if you're interested in more details on this angle. The esp. interesting detail here is that gives us a few different options for Caylee-care Friday 6/13 PM. More detail on the Kristina thread.

6) Yes, Mark H.'s mother, Ann Marie C., was the one that spotted Casey @ Target shopping 7/10. Unrelated to the June sighting.

7) Clint stated he saw Caylee @ Tony's apt. 6/13 afternoon, IIRC.

8) Clint's girlfriend, Maria K. stated she saw Caylee @ Tony's apt. in the range of 6/11, 6/12 or 6/13, IIRC...which IMHO, was prolly the same 6/13 sighting Clint was aparty to...but could have also been earlier in the week.

9) FWIW, Casey had Caylee with her when they went w/ Tony 6/10 to pick up his Jeep from the repair shop NW of his apt. before going back to his apartment that afternoon. So Maria sighting could have been as early as 6/10.

Hope that helps.

Ah, aafromaa...you're a sleuther after my own heart :thumb:

Lemme see if I can help.

1) I've never seen the detail providing more information about the family friend, nor do I recall seeing George making these comments...only the print media as has been so kindly provided by another poster. I'm not suggesting that stuff doesn't exist...I just haven't seen it.

2) ITTA there are details that have been confused along the way in this account. IOW...I'd allow that the description of what Caylee was wearing @ the mall to have been grafted onto the description George gave when he stated he last saw Caylee. Happens all the time in media reports.

3) Although it isn't near the Seminole County Line, the best independent evidence that I am aware of that ties to this account is that some family friend (still unknown) spotted Caylee @ the Mall of Millenia (southwest side of town vs. northeast nearer Seminole County FYI), when Tony met Casey and Caylee there when he was passing out flyers advertising for his upcoming hip-hop-showcase event @ Fusian. He did this on 6/11 and then treated them to a late lunch/early dinner @ Cheesecake Factory. The pings support this happening on 6/11 between 2:20PM-7:10PM that day. Thanks to Shadow of My Mind :blowkiss: I'm able to provide you w/ the link to Tony's interview in which he provides the details. Tony apparently met Caylee & Casey @ G&C's that afternoon before going to the mall. See handwritten page numbers 1008-1011

http://www.wftv.com/download/2008/0923/17540075.pdf

4) IMHO, George's statement of last seeing Caylee was indeed what he witnessed on 6/9. There's a thread here on the Case Analysis forum entitled something like, "6/16 vs. 6/9 Why the discrepancy" where I've given the reasons why I believe this to be the case (w/o suggessting whether or not it was intentionally transposed on George's part). In short, the two dates were very similar from George's POV. On a bit of a tangent. A lesser known fact is that George called the home phone @ 3:03PM on 6/16 and waited 17seconds before hanging up and calling Casey on her cell phone @ 3:04PM. I speculate the only reason George would do this is that when he left for work 6/16 Casey (and Caylee...alive or not) were @ the Hopespring Dr. home. See the thread described above if you're interested in more.

5) Also on a tangent, the best candidate for Kristina C.'s walk w/ Caylee & Casey was actually around JB Park (vs. Lake Underhill) 6/13 between 8-9PM per the pings before Casey showed up @ Fusian. See the "Kristina C..."thread in the main forum if you're interested in more details on this angle. The esp. interesting detail here is that gives us a few different options for Caylee-care Friday 6/13 PM. More detail on the Kristina thread.

6) Yes, Mark H.'s mother, Ann Marie C., was the one that spotted Casey @ Target shopping 7/10. Unrelated to the June sighting.

7) Clint stated he saw Caylee @ Tony's apt. 6/13 afternoon, IIRC.

8) Clint's girlfriend, Maria K. stated she saw Caylee @ Tony's apt. in the range of 6/11, 6/12 or 6/13, IIRC...which IMHO, was prolly the same 6/13 sighting Clint was aparty to...but could have also been earlier in the week.

9) FWIW, Casey had Caylee with her when they went w/ Tony 6/10 to pick up his Jeep from the repair shop NW of his apt. before going back to his apartment that afternoon. So Maria sighting could have been as early as 6/10.

Hope that helps.
Bond,

You have given me much to digest. While I work on that and go check out the 6/9 vs 6/16 thread again I have a couple of questions which I will number according to your comments.

3) If the "friend" saw them at Mall at Millenia would they have actually called it a "shopping center"? I'm picturing what they refer to as a shopping center more along the lines of what we Arkansans would call a "strip mall" which could have anywhere from 2 or 3 to 20 or 30 shops from shoes & clothing to restaurants & drug stores and even auto mechanics & body shops.

9) Is the shop you refer to NW of TL the same Tom's Auto the ping map suggests near Fern Park? If so, isn't that near the Seminole County line? Do you know whether this "shop" is in or near something that might be described as a "shopping center"? Did you notice KC pinged in that area in Fern Park for about 1 1/2 hours? Doesn't that sound more like a "shopping center" than an auto shop? I mean, even if they got to the shop to pick up the Jeep and found out they had to wait for 1 1/2 hours, how do you occupy a 2 1/2 year old for that amount of time? Perhaps a walk through a shopping mall or maybe a bite to eat at one?

See, now I'm thinking maybe the "friend" saw them on the 10th instead of the 9th or the 11th or the 12th...

3) If the "friend" saw them at Mall at Millenia would they have actually called it a "shopping center"? I'm picturing what they refer to as a shopping center more along the lines of what we Arkansans would call a "strip mall" which could have anywhere from 2 or 3 to 20 or 30 shops from shoes & clothing to restaurants & drug stores and even auto mechanics & body shops.

The Mall at Millenia is a very upscale mall and one of the nicest malls in Orlando. Definitely not a strip mall: http://www.mallatmillenia.com/experience/experience.htm

Bond,

You have given me much to digest. While I work on that and go check out the 6/9 vs 6/16 thread again I have a couple of questions which I will number according to your comments.

9) Is the shop you refer to NW of TL the same Tom's Auto the ping map suggests near Fern Park? If so, isn't that near the Seminole County line? Do you know whether this "shop" is in or near something that might be described as a "shopping center"? Did you notice KC pinged in that area in Fern Park for about 1 1/2 hours? Doesn't that sound more like a "shopping center" than an auto shop? I mean, even if they got to the shop to pick up the Jeep and found out they had to wait for 1 1/2 hours, how do you occupy a 2 1/2 year old for that amount of time? Perhaps a walk through a shopping mall or maybe a bite to eat at one?

See, now I'm thinking maybe the "friend" saw them on the 10th instead of the 9th or the 11th or the 12th...

3) Agree that 'shopping center' would not be one's first choice of words for the MoM...and it not being near the county line...which always seemed like an odd description to me...does make it a bit of a square peg in a round hole. Also see comment below.

8) Excellent observation! :clap: (Secretly, I hafta reserve some of the cell inactivity period between 9:42AM-11:47AM for Casey to have gone to deal w/ the traffic citation ;) ), but, yes, they show up near Tom's ~11:50AM. Owing to the next pings being near Tony's apt. it appears to me Casey may have had her phone off until Tony got in his Jeep, then, Casey was able to fire off a couple of quick calls to Jesse in the privacy of her own car (w/ Caylee) as they drove back to Tony's. In the first doc dump there is some information 'bout the pick-up of the Jeep. I don't recall if it explicitly gives a time. But...to your point...it also was ~lunchtime and perhaps they stopped in a a shopping center to grab a sandwich (e.g. Subway was a favorite).

It would be nice to locate the origin of this report...which gets attributed to being delivered by George. At that starting point I've kinda hung onto this notion being characterized as a "sighting" by George to further suggest that Caylee was effectively 'missing' from G&C's 6/10 YKWIM. See the "Seeking Key Info 6/10-6/14 for new leads" also in the Case Forum for this line of thinking. However, elaborating on the 6/9 vs. 6/16 is best handled on that thread. I also wondered early on if this was an intentional leak as LE collected information and pulled the string on Tony's auto repair. IIRC, it was in the first doc dump that they detail the Jeep pick-up @ Tom's...which suggested to me LE went after this immediately. I dunno if it is s.o.p., but, having an auto repair done in the immediate time of someone's disappearance does seem to send up red flags...esp. if there was body work involved, although in this case IIRC it was mechanical. I can imagine in the exchanges w/ G&C, LE mentioning that they got a tip (not disclosing it may have been from Tony) and watering it down a bit to see if it sparked something w/ the family. Not much to learn going down this 'leak' avenue...just admitting I've always been curious about this sighting you've highlighted...and hafta admit I like the near-Tom's explanation.

Might also consider that Casey frequented the Subway near Tony's apt. and just as easily this could've been the source of the 'sighting'.

Dont Forget Tony said he took KC and Caylee out to lunch(dinner?) at Cheesecake Factory after passing out fliers at the Mall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.
Back