Drew's Life in Jail Now

passionflower

Verified Insider
Reaction score
I am so curious as to his conditions at jail.
Is he allowed visitors?
Does Ill, have doc dumps?
Does anyone know how it is?

Not that I know IL jail conditions firsthand, but the stereotype of Joliet was the state prison, not the Will Co. jail. After all the death penalty (oops, almost abbreviated it DP) cases gone wrong in the state, I think they tread very carefully with releasing info.

Not that I know IL jail conditions firsthand, but the stereotype of Joliet was the state prison, not the Will Co. jail. After all the death penalty (oops, almost abbreviated it DP) cases gone wrong in the state, I think they tread very carefully with releasing info.

I just went to read about the history of the death penalty in IL :eek: and was amazed at how many men were found innocent as a result of DNA testing. I'm just so in the fence with this issue because now that we are able to convict with such certainty its seems like the conviction of the innocent is so unlikely.

I was reading about the condition about the jail that DP is at and it looks like the state has excellent programs in place for the prisoners. At first I thought that the prisoners have it too good, but then it does make sense that such policies would keep prison personnel safer and possibly decrease the convicts returning to a life of crime once released.

Haven't read all the threads on this case - in fact, actually haven't read many, and am just wondering if he is in jail w/o bond or just hasn't gone before the judge yet to have bond set.

No doc dumps in IL. Have to wait for trial or some "leak" that I doubt will happen. Although something tells me this may be a "speedier" trial that Tot Mom. Will County is small in comparison to Cook. Small Courthouse, small jailhouse, all relative to population. My Bro in Law is a Joliet PO - I'm BEGGING him to go visit. I'm sure he's getting his 3 squares - and special wonton soup for Drew.

I just finished reading the transcript from NG show on 5/08. It states he is being held on $20 million bond.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0905/08/ng.01.html

Yes the bond is 20 mil - which is high. Brodsky will go in on the 18th and try and get it lowered. Hopefully by then, additional GJ indictments may be handed down regarding Stacy. Will County has been trying to nail this guy for over a year. In Illinois - you only have to pose 10% or 2 million. Maybe he won't lower the bond. How about NO BOND? Now that's a concept for a guy where murder just so happens to follow his path in life.

Yes the bond is 20 mil - which is high. Brodsky will go in on the 18th and try and get it lowered. Hopefully by then, additional GJ indictments may be handed down regarding Stacy. Will County has been trying to nail this guy for over a year. In Illinois - you only have to pose 10% or 2 million. Maybe he won't lower the bond. How about NO BOND? Now that's a concept for a guy where murder just so happens to follow his path in life.

I sure hope they can nail him again for Stacy! He is a despicable human being. I was surprised there was even a bond set.

Btw, Pedro is adorable!

Maybe just maybe the GJ will come in next Thurs for Stacy?
2 separate cases? I think it quits next Thurs IIRC.
Then bail would double or be at no bail?
Wonder if DP thinks his buddies will come up with the $$$ to get him out?
So cocky!
Wonder if people will REALLY start to tell the truth since he can't hurt them from jail?

What I really hope is that they are feeding him water grits for breakfast,,Green bologna on stale bread for lunch,,and a mystery meat for dinner....I hope it is the most miserable place for such a smug SOB...All of this will never compare to the carnage he has created with Kathleen and Stacy's families and his own childrens lives..

Maybe just maybe the GJ will come in next Thurs for Stacy?
2 separate cases? I think it quits next Thurs IIRC.
Then bail would double or be at no bail?
Wonder if DP thinks his buddies will come up with the $$$ to get him out?
So cocky!
Wonder if people will REALLY start to tell the truth since he can't hurt them from jail?

I was thinking the very same thing. I pray somebody will step forward with definitive information now that he's locked up. He seem like the type to manipulate/intimidate/abuse power (badge). I'm holding out hope :praying:

I heard on MSNBC-tv today that DP is in solitary confinement in the medical unit ~ basically to keep him away from other inmates since he's ex-LE. :behindbar

I heard on MSNBC-tv today that DP is in solitary confinement in the medical unit ~ basically to keep him away from other inmates since he's ex-LE. :behindbar

The good thing about that is NO ATTENTION. And solitude becomes intolerable for entitled narcs like him.

I hope he can't reach his 2 older boys, but his oldest son has them and can intimidate them so bad they will never tell the truth. I wish they were with someone else and not with Steve P.

I hope he can't reach his 2 older boys, but his oldest son has them and can intimidate them so bad they will never tell the truth. I wish they were with someone else and not with Steve P.
It's too bad Kathleen's children can't be with her family, but I don't know about the ones he had with Stacy, like who would be best to take care of them.

Drew Peterson's attorney wants bond reduced

He wants it lowered from current $20 million to a 'reasonable level'

updated 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
CHICAGO - Drew Peterson's lead attorney said he'll ask a judge to sharply reduce the former suburban Chicago police officer's bond from the current $20 million to "a reasonable level."
Joel Brodsky said at a news conference Sunday that a bond between $500,000 and $1 million would be within the range set in other murder cases in Will County.

"We are ... going to attempt to get this excessive bond down to a reasonable level and see that Drew is given the same bond as anybody who's accused of a similar crime," Brodsky said.

Peterson remains jailed on charges of first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Peterson is a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.

If the bond is reduced to $500,000, Brodsky said he thinks Peterson would be able to pay it. Peterson would have to post 10 percent to go free while he awaits trial.

'Doing fine in jail'
Speaking from a baggage claim area at O'Hare International Airport, Brodsky said he's been in contact with Peterson, who he described as "doing fine in jail."

more at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30674042/

It's too bad Kathleen's children can't be with her family, but I don't know about the ones he had with Stacy, like who would be best to take care of them.

I suspect the issue of custody will be up to a family court and the recommendations of the Dept. of Children Services. Hopefully, the Savio family and/or Cassandra will initiate custody proceedings.

Here in California, once a child reaches the age of 13, their preference for which parent they want to live with is taken into consideration. If Illinois considers teenager's preferences, the Savio's might have problems in gaining custody. With Stacy's two children being so young, Cassandra stands a good chance of gaining custody.

The family court probably won't make any changes in custody until Drew is convicted.

Drew Peterson's attorney wants bond reduced

He wants it lowered from current $20 million to a 'reasonable level'

updated 2 hours, 29 minutes ago
CHICAGO - Drew Peterson's lead attorney said he'll ask a judge to sharply reduce the former suburban Chicago police officer's bond from the current $20 million to "a reasonable level."
Joel Brodsky said at a news conference Sunday that a bond between $500,000 and $1 million would be within the range set in other murder cases in Will County.

"We are ... going to attempt to get this excessive bond down to a reasonable level and see that Drew is given the same bond as anybody who's accused of a similar crime," Brodsky said.

Peterson remains jailed on charges of first-degree murder in the 2004 death of his third wife, Kathleen Savio. Peterson is a suspect in the 2007 disappearance of his fourth wife, Stacy.

If the bond is reduced to $500,000, Brodsky said he thinks Peterson would be able to pay it. Peterson would have to post 10 percent to go free while he awaits trial.

'Doing fine in jail'
Speaking from a baggage claim area at O'Hare International Airport, Brodsky said he's been in contact with Peterson, who he described as "doing fine in jail."

more at: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30674042/

I hope the judge doesn't lower the bond amount. I'd be concerned that Drew might be a flight risk.........leave the children with his son, Steve, and disappear.

Drew is looking at life in prison, so he hasn't got much to lose by trying to disappear.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back